Menu

The Bible and Driver's Ed

wimseycat

Nice!  Yes, it is terrifying.  I want a vehicle with that second set of controls. 

I think I would do more harm than good if I had controls. We would jerk along the road like crazy people. My dd drove in the dark out on a country road for the first time last night to go to float building . I thought I would be more anxious but I have a cold so that kept me preoccupied. Lol

If you want to share something with this forum, why not just post it here (and on your blog)? To me, it feels a bit like you are using us to get more traffic on your blog. No one minds a link at the bottom of a post, but when the sole purpose is to lead us to your blog, it makes me feel a bit like I am being used to up someones blog view counter. 

• Like 11

If you want to share something with this forum, why not just post it here (and on your blog)? To me, it feels a bit like you are using us to get more traffic on your blog. No one minds a link at the bottom of a post, but when the sole purpose is to lead us to your blog, it makes me feel a bit like I am being used to up someones blog view counter. 

:iagree:

Agreed. I believe it is against board rules to promote your blog in this way. I would see it as advertising.

• Like 2

Yep. I noticed it's becoming a habit.

Nice!  Yes, it is terrifying.  I want a vehicle with that second set of controls. 

manual with parking brake in the middle.  and yes, I did use it once. . . . all four adults learned to drive on that gutless wonder . . . there were even jokes of having it repaired so dudeling could learn to drive on it .. no, we all hated it too much.  but does that  mean I have to buy a stick just so dudeling can learn on one?   gotta few years....

Wow I had no idea it was being perceived this way.

Agreed. I believe it is against board rules to promote your blog in this way. I would see it as advertising.

Yep. I noticed it's becoming a habit.

Uh oh! I might be guilty of that! I posted a link to my ancient blog just yesterday. I haven't written on that blog in about 3 years except to post a few pictures for people here to see, because I can't figure out how to post pix here. I post them on my old blog and then link to it. (Pix of my messy school room and pix of meeting with WTMers.)

But yesterday someone asked about fighting with their kids about grammar and I remembered I'd already written about that 4 years ago on the blog, so I posted the link to it rather than retyping a bunch of stuff.

I'm sorry if it was perceived as trying to boost traffic. My blog hasn't had anyone (including me) look at it in years, so that certainly wasn't the intent.

Uh oh! I might be guilty of that! I posted a link to my ancient blog just yesterday. I haven't written on that blog in about 3 years except to post a few pictures for people here to see, because I can't figure out how to post pix here. I post them on my old blog and then link to it. (Pix of my messy school room and pix of meeting with WTMers.)

But yesterday someone asked about fighting with their kids about grammar and I remembered I'd already written about that 4 years ago on the blog, so I posted the link to it rather than retyping a bunch of stuff.

I'm sorry if it was perceived as trying to boost traffic. My blog hasn't had anyone (including me) look at it in years, so that certainly wasn't the intent.

Garga, you are a regular, long-time participant with 8000+ posts, out of which a small number refer to your blog.  And though I didn't see the post you're referring to, I bet it was part of a larger conversation, amiright?  

I don't have anything against Wimseycat or her blog, but I wanted to point out the difference.   

ETA: I also don't want to make Wimseycat feel unwelcome here!  I don't read every post in every thread on every board, but my general impression is... sorry, but this is the word that comes to mind... "clickbait."   

Edited by marbel
  • Like 2

You know, I don't think that if you are using the link to respond to someone's specific question or even to share pictures. It's not like you posted the original thread to get people over on your blog.

I don't think it's about boosting traffic in those cases.

• Like 2

See that is different. You were specifically answering a question by directing them to your answer. You could have answered on the forums or copied and pasted as well but a link to the information the person was looking for is acceptable too. But the OP has started multiple threads recently that simply direct people to her blog for a topic she hasn't even talked about in the thread itself.

• Like 1