Menu

What's your favorite FICTION genre?

What is your favorite FICTION genre?  

1. 1. What is your favorite FICTION genre?

• Chick lit
    • Classics
    • Comedy
    • Fantasy
    • Graphic novel
    • Historical fiction
    • Mystery and suspense
    • Poetry, plays and screenplays
    • Romance
    • Science fiction

To which genre do you usually gravitate?

I'm limited to 10 choices for this poll, so I'm not able to include them all. I also realize that there are many combinations of different genres, so I selected the multiple choice option where you can choose more than one. I realize people read more than one genre, but I'm asking what your favorite is. Even if you have several favorite books from different genre categories, please select the one/s you prefer most.

Thanks!

(Trying this again since I'd erroneously double posted first and then admin mistakenly deleted fiction genre poll thinking it was a duplicate of the nonfiction genre poll. Thanks to those that voted; I hope you'll agree to re-vote in this election ... er, poll!)

I can't vote! There's no "literature" choice. I guess I could have chosen classics, but I also like contemporary lit like Guy Vandergague, Margaret Atwood, Carol Shields, etc. I appreciate some older authors like Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway, but I don't think they're considered "classics" yet...are they?

I used to enjoy fantasy and sci-fi but, with the exception of S.M. Stirling's Emberverse books I haven't found anything enjoyable to read in either of those categories in the last decade or so.

I have, however, rediscovered a love of mysteries, and reading through the classics of the genre has kept me busy.

What I read depends on the mood I'm in.I even like poetry once in while.I like books (and movies) where the good guys win in the end and you put down the book and think about it for a while afterward,wondering "and then what happened?" because the characters were interesting enough that you cared.

Wow. I guess when I head to the library, I am most likely to pick up historical fiction or mystery.

But that's now. For most of my life, it's been sci-fi/fantasy, with liberal helpings of classics and comedy. Mystery is a new thing for me.

For the poll, I'm choosing historical fiction.