Menu

Very sad tonight

Thank you all. She was a very nice woman. Dd and I took her dinner two weeks ago, the last day she was at home before she went back to the hospital. When we knocked on her door, she called out for us to enter. She was in her recliner, on oxygen. She said to dd, "Did you bring me your smile?" and Dd gave her a big one. She was always saying that to Dd, asking if she brought her smile. Dd is just devastated that she's gone. She had 77 years of excellent health and only 3 weeks of bad health. She was very active and busy, and it was her heart desire to not linger in illness, but if she were to get sick, that the Lord would take her quickly. She got her prayer answered. It's going to be really weird not hearing her answer the phone or to not have her call me and ask me where I put this or that (I tend to misplace the dinner sign up sheet). She held my hand a few minutes the night we brought her soup and she was in good spirits and I'm so thankful Dd's last memory of her was positive.

Burial is Wednesday; memorial service Thursday. It's going to be a long week.

Thank you all. She was a very nice woman. Dd and I took her dinner two weeks ago, the last day she was at home before she went back to the hospital. When we knocked on her door, she called out for us to enter. She was in her recliner, on oxygen. She said to dd, "Did you bring me your smile?" and Dd gave her a big one. She was always saying that to Dd, asking if she brought her smile. Dd is just devastated that she's gone.

:grouphug: