Menu

Basic, no-frills, SECULAR math for elementary grades

mo2

Great value, Math Mammoth grade 1-7 download, during the HSBC sale, when it tends to go 40-50% off. (note, you would want the Light Blue Series Download, which according to that HSBC page is regularly $175, currently at $140 and might go as low as $87.50 if enough people buy.  That's for seven grade levels.)

MM is a very solid program.  FWIW, per your other thread, grade 7 is prealgebra.  There are numerous samples on the MM website to try out before you decide.

If you are looking for something more spiral, MEP is free.

Edited by wapiti
  • Like 9

I also opened this to recommend Math Mammoth. It fits your description exactly. And, as an added bonus, it's a really solid math program. Overall, I'd suggest you buy just the first year as a standalone to make sure it's a good fit. They run the package deal a few times a year, and it's still a great deal even if you end up double-buying first grade, but I would beat myself up if I bought seven years worth and then abandoned it early in.

• Like 2

I also opened this to recommend Math Mammoth. It fits your description exactly. And, as an added bonus, it's a really solid math program. Overall, I'd suggest you buy just the first year as a standalone to make sure it's a good fit. They run the package deal a few times a year, and it's still a great deal even if you end up double-buying first grade, but I would beat myself up if I bought seven years worth and then abandoned it early in.

I agree with this. It is a solid program, but it doesn't work for all kids.

I didn't end up finding it a fit here, but I had purchased all of it!

It does fit what you want, so worth a try of a single level.

• Like 2

I also opened this thread to recommend Math Mammoth. Maria Miller provides a generous sample here.

If you need a longer trial, I second Grace's suggestion to buy one level first and try it this year. If you like it, the 50% off sale will come around again next year. Or you can buy one of the MM topical workbooks to try.

Edited by nansk

I really don't think strayer Upton has any religious content. I'd be surprised if rays did, too, but unlike strayer, I haven't really used rays.

Other vintage programs are the same. I'm using efficiency arithmetic ATM (because our su is packed up) and do far, so secular.

Edited by OKBud

Depending on age, Miquan Math is VERY affordable but consumable. It is also secular. The whole program on RR is under $100 total for grades 1-3. 

I have a 7yo and a 9yo.  Would Miquon be good for those ages?

I don't remember any Christian content in S-U or Ray's either.

Ruth Beechick was a Christian. Maybe in the teacher manual? 

I think the  Christian rating might be because the publishers are Christian publishers. But they are reprints of older secular public school books.