Menu

What printer do you recommend?

Janeway

We recently replaced our 8 year old Samsung laser that died with with a brother laser.  So far I like that the ink replacement cartridges are a lot cheaper and actually work in the brother.  I had order several generic Samsung that did not always work. Others said on here that was what they liked about their Brother as well.

I so appreciate my color laser printer. I consider it one of my best homeschool purchases. I have an HP. I know a lot of people like Brother. The toner is pricey but I've had our printer for 5 years and only had to replace the black toner twice and the colored toners once and will probably be able to print for at least another year or two before having to replace again.

I have loved my Brother MFC-8080DN (laser, multifunction) for almost 6 years now, absolutely the best printer purchase I have ever made.  I just (this week, haven't even taken it out of the box yet) got the Brother MFC-9340 CDW (laser, multifunction, COLOR, wireless) and I'm very hopeful I will love it as much as my B&W.

I love my 8080DN so much, I think I'm going to keep it for most of my printing, plus I still have a toner cartridge I haven't used.

I only got color because we decided to HS the 6 year old and he'll like color papers ;-)

Ha! a third here for the Epson Workforce!  Picked ours up from Costco on the cheap.  I love that it really is a miser for ink usage - we don't print a huge amount, but I use the scanner daily for work stuff.  Fast, reliable and the ink is relatively cheap.

Dh has an Epson Workforce, at it works really well, but doesn't have a paper tray.  The paper is loaded about 20 sheets at a time into a vertical slot at the back of the machine.  It sits there, and absorbs humidity, and flops over, or gets dusty, or whatever.  I don't like that feature.  I love that the ink doesn't dry out.  I have a little Epson (not a Workforce), and I hate it!  If I don't use it almost daily, the ink dries out and I have to run a bunch of refresh cycles to get it flowing again.  Wastes a bunch of expensive ink.  If you want color inkjet, get a Workforce.

I replaced my crappy Epson with a Brother Laser Multi-Function Center (MFC-7860DW) and I love it.  I don't need color very often now that my kids are older, but I run a LOT more copies, so the cheaper toner is a plus.  The ink doesn't run under a highlighter (like inkjet ink does), so that's another plus.  On the rare occasion that I need color, I just use my dh's printer.

Brother laser. Between our home and office we have several different ones from a cheap b/w printer to larger color machines that do everything.

This is my printer for home, I love it.

Brother Wireless All-In-One Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (MFC9330CDW), Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C6MNQ92/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_K5JNxb8YB50QN

I have a brother inkjet and I think it is pretty awesome! I have the MFC-J57200W. I got it about a year ago and even though I print my sewing patterns and ALL of the printing involved with school, we have yet to change ink other then from the starter set (so starter set, and the normal replacement is all we have used). This looks like the new model number of what I have: http://www.costco.com/Brother-MFC-J5720DW-All-in-One-Inkjet-Color-Printer.product.100216289.html It plays nice with Apple products too!