Menu

Who's going to tackle healthy eating/exercise with me Sunday?

sheryl

Good Sunday!

Meghan'sMom - wow, you've been through a lot. 

Cardio - have you considered the pool at the gym?  Or, using bands/tubes for resistance for a smooth motion?

Breakfast - 1 cracker with TJ's quinoa/pesto  (not enough but running out the door to church), coffee   eta:  forgot I had 5 almonds, also, I have to have something before lunch is ready - haven't even started it.  It's 10:40 and we'll be eating at 12:30.  So, maybe repeat above cracker/quinoa and almonds to tide me over. 

Upcoming - Lunch: scrambled eggs, home fries, smoothie (DH and DD), fresh fruit for me, chicken sausage

Dinner - chicken w/veggies in gravy baked over noodles, salad or cole slaw

Exercise - I normally take Sundays off.  However, home from church and I'll be picking up sticks/branches from a storm we had Friday night.   We were at a rodeo!  Great fun!

I try to stay away from large portions of anything but especially rice, pasta, breads, and anything with high carbs/sugar.  

I REALLY need to watch my carbs/sugar.  Last report showed I was almost surpassing maximum for pre-diabetic.  I have my annual Tuesday and I'm praying I do NOT have sugar.   Jean, I know you're successful in monitoring yours - I'd love your chicken teriyaki recipe! YUM!

Edited by sheryl

Breakfast was a hard boiled egg on a whole grain English muffin and tea with honey

Lunch is a bag of frozen veggies - carrots, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, broccoli

Dinner is going to be some kind of chicken which is currently in the crock pot.  Not sure what the plan is since dh plans and cooks dinner.

Trying to watch what I eat to see if it helps the pain in my side.

• Like 1

Taking off from working out today, well I plan to do some shoulder and ab exercises but nothing heavy. Mon is Yoga and Tues Silks so I like for my muscles to get a break to get a break before then.

Bacon, broccoli & apple for breakfast

dark chocolate covered strawberries for a snack

Salad planned for lunch; Supper burger w/ roasted and brined cabbage and root veggies

• Like 1

Dorothy - do you boil your veggies?  I'm impressed.  One of my goals - veggie snacking.

Soror - explain your super burger/cabbage/root veggies.  Sounds yummy!

Burger just cooked in a pan and the recipe for the veggies are from Bon Appetit.

soror, I actually like your breakfast idea too.  Do you warm everything in a mash? 

No, roasted broccoli and bacon baked separate and just grabbed an apple. I sometimes do a hash w/ sweet pot

Dorothy - do you boil your veggies?  I'm impressed.  One of my goals - veggie snacking.

Soror - explain your super burger/cabbage/root veggies.  Sounds yummy!

Nope, it was one of the frozen steamer bags so I basically just plopped it in the microwave and then poured it into a bowl.

HAHHAHA!!!!

The last month I've been keeping to the auto-immune diet, my treats have been fruit based. Yet, today I fell headfirst into a GF cinnamon roll. IRONY. The one day I post about eating healthy I eat a cinnamon roll :)

My kids were just talking about cookies and saying, oh, Mom doesn't eat cookies because I rarely do, all the while I'm eating their leftover bits of cinnamon roll. I hope I dont pay too much for that indiscretion tonight. 

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

HAHHAHA!!!!

The last month I've been keeping to the auto-immune diet, my treats have been fruit based. Yet, today I fell headfirst into a GF cinnamon roll. IRONY. The one day I post about eating healthy I eat a cinnamon roll :)

Well, yesterday esp. I fell off the auto immune bandwagon by having nightshades.  A GF cinnamon roll is a lot healthier for me than some bell peppers and a tomato. 

• Like 1

Not an ideal day but it is an S day so...

I did pick berries for a couple hours, went to church and then took my kids swimming. I got in some. Not crazy but not all book reading. Tomorrow I take dd on a college visit. I'll do what I can.

Bfst-cobbler

Lunch-chicken stir fry-no rice

Pool-6 or 7 nachos

Dinner-salad, 2 pieces pizza ( or will be when I get stuff cleaned up)

Edited by joyofsix
  • Like 1

Well, yesterday esp. I fell off the auto immune bandwagon by having nightshades.  A GF cinnamon roll is a lot healthier for me than some bell peppers and a tomato. 

I hear you nightshades are no good for me either, it did have a healthy amount of butter though and of course copious sugar.

• Like 1

breakfast: oatmeal with fresh peaches

midmorning snack: yoghurt with fresh blueberries

lunch: pasta with salmon in white wine sauce

cooked some mixed grains for a salad with cucumber and tomato that I will have for dinner

I have a flare up of my foot condition and cannot walk well, so exercising will probably be postponed. Had to skip zumba this week, sigh

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

Jean, those are the kinds of lettuce salads I eat "out" and at home - YUM!

Soror, cinnamon roll.  I make an ultimate cinnamon roll at Christmastime.  I'll need to work now to "afford" that - LOL!

Reg, I like your menu selections.  They look great.  And, peaches with oatmeal!   And, salmon in white wine sauce - I'd LOVE the recipe!

Reg, I like your menu selections.  They look great.  And, peaches with oatmeal!   And, salmon in white wine sauce - I'd LOVE the recipe!

Here you are - it's very easy and quick.

In a non stick pan, heat olive oil, sautee some garlic, add salmon (I use 1 skinless filet per person; I buy it frozen and thaw in the sink immediately before cooking)

Season with salt, pepper, dill.

Sautee on both sides until soft enough to break into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon.

Add white wine, simmer on low heat until done

A few minutes before the end, add some heavy whipping cream

I start this after I put the water for the pasta on. It is done before the pasta is cooked.

You can add asparagus, too, if you have any; frozen is fine, it will thaw during cooking

Edited by regentrude

wow, reg, that sounds GREAT!  I'm going to do this.  I make salmon once a week.  I like it but my recipe wasn't great and dh and dd choked it down.  LOL!

A chef gave me this recipe when I told him the above.

There is a process that I'll share for you or anyone who's interested but the ingredients are honey and crushed almond or pecan!

I'll try yours next time.  I just bought some salmon for this week  :) 

Had my usual breakfast -- slice of sourdough bread, an ounce of cheese, two cups of coffee

Had my usual lunch -- salad with lots of veggies, 3 oz. cooked chicken, an ounce each of cheese, Wheat Thins and light Italian dressing

We ate out for dinner -- Mediterranean chicken skewers, a small Greek salad and some french fries (my weakness!). I only ate one of the chicken skewers and let the boys and DH split the other.

Not much activity today due to a headache that hung on until mid-afternoon.  DH and I took the pooch on a 30 minute walk but that was about it.