Menu

The awesome Ad Council John Cena Patriotism Spot

umsami

So...not surprising with the obvious agenda. 

There are legitimate labels of love:  Agape Love.  Parental love.  Love of husband and Love of wife.   Love of country.  Love of freedom.  Love of culture. Love of pets.  Love of truth. 

Actually, I was mostly fascinated with the completely obvious choreography (obvious after the first few seconds, that is), where the people he was labeling came right into the shot on cue.  That must have taken some time to choreograph accurately, going down one block and up the other.

There are legitimate labels of love: Agape Love. Parental love. Love of husband and Love of wife. Love of country. Love of freedom. Love of culture. Love of pets. Love of truth.

Actually, I was mostly fascinated with the completely obvious choreography (obvious after the first few seconds, that is), where the people he was labeling came right into the shot on cue. That must have taken some time to choreograph accurately, going down one block and up the other.

The agenda that we should love one another? Oh, the horror.

• Like 3

There are legitimate labels of love:  Agape Love.  Parental love.  Love of husband and Love of wife.   Love of country.  Love of freedom.  Love of culture. Love of pets.  Love of truth. 

Actually, I was mostly fascinated with the completely obvious choreography (obvious after the first few seconds, that is), where the people he was labeling came right into the shot on cue.  That must have taken some time to choreograph accurately, going down one block and up the other.

The agenda showing that our nation is made up of a variety of races, religions, and beliefs?  How dare they!

• Like 4

The agenda that we should love one another? Oh, the horror.

The agenda here is about "we should love each other" in the same way that the Merck agenda is "We don't want to make money folks, we just care deeply about your health."

Why don't you listen and see what topic was mentioned more often than any other.  It wasn't hard to spot the agenda on this one and it was not "patriotism". 

Edited by TranquilMind

The agenda here is about "we should love each other" in the same way that the Merck agenda is "We don't want to make money folks, we just care deeply about your health."

Why don't you listen and see what topic was mentioned more often than any other. It wasn't hard to spot the agenda on this one and it was not "patriotism".

Um... right.

I think your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

Why don't you listen and see what topic was mentioned more often than any other.  It wasn't hard to spot the agenda on this one and it was not "patriotism". 

That doesn't even make sense.

The message seems to me to be that all of us are equal even though we are different.  T

• Like 3

OMGosh I am dying over this. It's so wonderful. And my kids find my love of it hilarious because...

When we moved here a year ago, a neighbor boy kept randomly yelling out JOHN CEEEEEEEEENA whenever he was playing. My kids picked it up. And I got soooooo sick of it. It's become a running joke. They yell it out and I say, basically, enough about John Cena!!!! I know nothing about the man except for how annoying it is for his name to be screamed out at random intervals during play. My kids think I hate John Cena since it ruffles my feathers so much.

So DD sees me watching the commercial and says, "Hey, John Cena!" And I say, "Yes, and I think I love him!" and my kids are literally LOL now...while chanting his name. :lol:

So I ran the transcript through a word counter. 

It's a bit glitchy because I'm not sure what -ey is? But what is the agenda?  

(transcript is here: http://lybio.net/tag/john-cena-we-are-america-transcripts

(word counter is here: http://www.wordcounter.com

love 10 million 9 people 7 country 7 american 6 it’ 5 average 4 patriot 4 real 4 label 4 america 3 picture 3 just 3 citizen 3 lesbian 2 stat 2 right 2 off 2 ey 2 what’ 2 word 2 close 2 bi 2 make 2 transgender 2

• Like 1

OMGosh I am dying over this. It's so wonderful. And my kids find my love of it hilarious because...

When we moved here a year ago, a neighbor boy kept randomly yelling out JOHN CEEEEEEEEENA whenever he was playing. My kids picked it up. And I got soooooo sick of it. It's become a running joke. They yell it out and I say, basically, enough about John Cena!!!! I know nothing about the man except for how annoying it is for his name to be screamed out at random intervals during play. My kids think I hate John Cena since it ruffles my feathers so much.

So DD sees me watching the commercial and says, "Hey, John Cena!" And I say, "Yes, and I think I love him!" and my kids are literally LOL now...while chanting his name. :lol:

John Cena is a pro wrestler, and more importantly, is also the record holder for the most wishes granted for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  He hit the 500 mark last summer.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13480710/wwe-star-john-cena-grant-milestone-500th-make-wish-request

• Like 4

John Cena is a pro wrestler, and more importantly, is also the record holder for the most wishes granted for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  He hit the 500 mark last summer.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13480710/wwe-star-john-cena-grant-milestone-500th-make-wish-request

DH did finally clue me in on the wrestler part. The Make-A-Wish thing is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

So I ran the transcript through a word counter. 

It's a bit glitchy because I'm not sure what -ey is? But what is the agenda?  

(transcript is here: http://lybio.net/tag/john-cena-we-are-america-transcripts

(word counter is here: http://www.wordcounter.com

love 10 million 9 people 7 country 7 american 6 it’ 5 average 4 patriot 4 real 4 label 4 america 3 picture 3 just 3 citizen 3 lesbian 2 stat 2 right 2 off 2 ey 2 what’ 2 word 2 close 2 bi 2 make 2 transgender 2

I watched it yesterday, and have no desire to hear it again, as it will result in the the 14 yo yelling 

"JOHNNNNN CENNNA" through the house yet again.  But I am guessing ey is gay.  Lesbian is 2 times, 'ey' is 2 times, and gay is not mentioned in your word count.  So that is my guess. 

I hear you sister!  I can live without hearing that, among various others again!

• Like 1