Menu

20 days of dieting and wanting to gorge

Tiramisu

I'm not an experienced dieter so I'm wondering if this is normal, to crave a large dish of pasta or coffee water ice topped with whipped cream and gobs of hot fudge.

What kind of cravings do you have and do they indicate something you body needs? That's how I used to think about cravings.

are you getting enough protein?

when I have sugar cravings - I realized I was really just tired and needed to sleep, or needed protein. 

I would also consider eating something pickled.   yeast lives in the gut - and when it is dying off (because you're eating less sugar/stuff it eats), it will send out sugar type cravings.  vinegear kills it.

• Like 1

when I have sugar cravings - I realized I was really just tired and needed to sleep, or needed protein. 

Ugh - this is me.  I binge when I'm tired or need protein.  I need to learn to take a nap and/or eat something high in protein before I give in to a binge.  

Erica

• Like 1

Oh, I don't know.  My biggest craving, regardless of what/how I'm eating at the time, is usually a homemade brownie.  With vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream.  Probably because I love brownies and hot fudge and the rest just makes it look pretty.  :D

• Like 3

Oh, I don't know. My biggest craving, regardless of what/how I'm eating at the time, is usually a homemade brownie. With vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream. Probably because I love brownies and hot fudge and the rest just makes it look pretty. :D

This post is in no way helpful.

• Like 3

What kind of diet are you on?

I'm a simple person. I'm just counting calories with a free myfitnesspal app.

I can find the foods I'm eating in the right portions, and it keeps track of carbs-fat-protein distribution and takes exercise into account. I think I'm losing ahead of schedule, but since the battery was dead on my scale when I started, I'm not completely sure how much I've lost, at least five pounds. And I've very comfortably moved to a hole in my belt that's never been used before, in the tighter direction. :)

I can't do low carb because I have a history of hypoglycemia and my brain malfunctions with insufficient carbs.

• Like 2

Well, I had Greek yogurt with some raspberry preserves and a sprinkle of granola for crunch and I'm feeling much better.

The sad thing about this diet is that I started eating more fresh berries and started getting progressively itchy, beginning with my knees. I didn't get hives but rougher skin on my legs. I think I triggered an allergy because when I cut out the berries, it all went away.

• Like 1

I would also consider eating something pickled.   yeast lives in the gut - and when it is dying off (because you're eating less sugar/stuff it eats), it will send out sugar type cravings.  vinegear kills it.

I think so, at least according to the count on the app.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything picked in the house. Pickled things don't last long here. And I don't think I'm up for a swig of vinegar.

Oh, I don't know.  My biggest craving, regardless of what/how I'm eating at the time, is usually a homemade brownie.  With vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream.  Probably because I love brownies and hot fudge and the rest just makes it look pretty.  :D

This would be my perfect treat, too.

Perhaps you should indulge.

Some diets incorporate high calorie days into their plans to shake things up.

I once was very good about NO sugar/sweetener (of any kind - no honey, no agave, no stevia,  etc.).  no bread, no dairy, etc. I felt the best I ever have - but it is very hard to live.   (it also seriously drops my liver numbers.  they go from being freaking out the dr high - to premium life insurance rate low.  so I need to do it.)

now - I allow myself a piece of birthday cake.  it's a "special" thing, a treat.  how it should be.  I can look forward to it.  not every day, or every other day.  interestingly - I also ate less without even trying. (our favorite Italian place occasionally has lobster ravioli. swoon.  after I gave up sugar,  I couldn't eat it all.)

one guy lost 100 lbs and allowed himself one day a week to eat anything he wanted - the rest of the time he was very strict.

It's usually PMS for me. I try to eat some macadamia nuts or something, but yeah, I could hurt a brownie! I haven't had sugar or grains in 3 months.

even with skipping cycles - I get the pms sugar cravings.   ok - so when's it going to start?????

Well, I had Greek yogurt with some raspberry preserves and a sprinkle of granola for crunch and I'm feeling much better.

The sad thing about this diet is that I started eating more fresh berries and started getting progressively itchy, beginning with my knees. I didn't get hives but rougher skin on my legs. I think I triggered an allergy because when I cut out the berries, it all went away.

it's also good with coconut and pureed pineapple. . . .  I'll do that for an occasional snack.  (maybe once every few months.)