Menu

Table Top Gamers - Huge Amazon Sale

Lady Florida.

Amazon is having a huge sale on some table top and card games today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A165793011%2Cn%3A%212334111011%2Cn%3A%212334173011%2Cn%3A14185992011&ie=UTF8&qid=1461599522

I ordered Splendor and Tokaido (saw that one on Tabletop). I really, really wish I could have also ordered Five Tribes and Garden Dice but I just can't spend more on games right now. 

I have friends who love 7 Wonders but I just can't get into it. I recently played Flash Point and while I'm sure my firefighter/paramedic stepson might find it silly, I enjoyed it. 

All of the games I named plus many more, are on sale today only. 

I'm going to a game night tonight with friends and I'm sure we'll all be talking about which games we bought or wished we could buy. :)

• Like 6

I highly recommend the Sentinels of the Multiverse Card Game (not as in love with the board game).

We're fans of Seven Wonders :)

And anyone who doesn't have DIXIT, should!

I'm picking up Tsuro of the Seas. I've played it but never bought it -- we have the original Tsuro and it has gotten good play over the years but I do LIKE the sea monsters... just not enough to spend $40 on them LOL

• Like 1

I think I saw Lost Cities on the Amazon list -- it's 2 player

Is that fun for adults only or better with young players? Ds (when he plays) is 18 so I'm on the lookout for games adults enjoy even when kids aren't playing. 

Edited by Lady Florida.

I don't think Lost Cities is super challenging for adults... Fun the first few playthroughs but loses value.

Jaipur is adult friendly.

Mostly I play games with adults not kids.

Thanks. We do too. Even when ds and his friends play with us we consider that as basically playing with adults since all are older teens (the youngest is usually 16).

Thank you! I order a new game for the family every Christmas, and we play on New Year's Day. Dixit has been on my list for awhile, so I just grabbed it. Now the challenge will be to remember where I stashed it when December rolls around!

After a few times of finding lost gifts months later, I've started setting reminders in my phone calendar that pop up in mid-December!

• Like 4

Ended up buying Bugs in the Kitchen, Tsuro of the Seas, Bad Beets Game, Enchanted Forest, Ratuki, and Garden Dice. Already own Dixit, haven't played yet, and Munchkin, not a favorite here. Munchkin is just too complicated for us. It was our first time playing this type of game so maybe we aren't the best judges.

• Like 1

Has anyone received their games and been able to play them yet? I would love to read reviews for future game purchases.

I bought lots but have only been able to play two so far. 

Bad Beets is a simple card game that my 5, 7, and 9 year old enjoyed quite a bit. I didn't love it but it found it medium grade entertaining. My kids loved it enough to play it on their own later however my older teens didn't even want to give it a shot. Given the choice of fast paced card games that younger kids can play, I would first grab Dutch Blitz or Sleeping Queens with the latter being closer in style to Bad Beets. It just doesn't flow quite as good as either of them which is why I would give it four stars and they both get 5.

Bugs in the Kitchen is a game played with a Hexbug. I loved it as much as the kids which included the teens. My youngest two will not hold the hexbug when on but still loved the game. It is a relatively fast paced game, has several options to alter the game play,  and simple to understand from the moment you open box. All parts including the box were of superb quality. We liked it so much that I looked to see if they had another game of its style to purchase. They do but the reviews on it isn't as favorable. Definitely a 5star game.

To give insight into us as gamers, we tried Munchkin and it just didn't click with us. Maybe at a later time. Our favorite games are Sleeping Queens, Dutch Blitz, Dominoes, Rook, Spades, Quirkle, Blokus, Battle Sheep, Taboo, and Pictionary. Abalone, Tenzi, and Apples to Apples are loved by the kids. My preschooler loves Sneaky Squirrel Game.

I bought Dixit, Splendor, and Tokaido and the only one I have not played yet is Tokaido. It's not likely to get played until some time next week. 

I liked both Dixit and Splendor but I think I like Splendor better. It could be related to who was playing each game though. With Dixit there was a person in the group who tends to take over, even though this person didn't really know how to play any better than the rest of us. 

We played Garden Dice right away.  We played a straight 3 player game without the in-box modification with the Garden Gnome.  (We'll try him out next.) DD and I love it.  Once we got the hang of it, it really was a fun game.  DS thought it was only okay.  I think he will like it better when we play again because it will go much faster.  It strikes me as the type of game that plays better the quicker you can go.  I also think that 4 players would be ideal.  DD and I may try the 2 player option since we liked it so much.

There is a card add-on for Garden Dice, and I will probably be getting that in the next little while to see how it adds to the gameplay.  I definitely recommend the game.  I can't quite figure out the 10-and-up rating though, I think an 8 year old with basic math skills could play easily. 

nd I will probably be getting that in the next little while to see how it adds to the gameplay.  I definitely recommend the game.  I can't quite figure out the 10-and-up rating though, I think an 8 year old with basic math skills could play easily. 

I don't know if you've ever watched any rahdo videos, but they're a good way to learn how to play a game or to find out if you want a game. He usually does 3 videos for each game - a run through, extended game play, and final thoughts. 

Anyway,  he did a set of videos for Garden Dice and said he doesn't care for the card expansion. Here's the final thoughts video. If you just want to see the part where he talks about the card expansion, go to 7:50.