Menu

Summer Postcard Swap - CLOSED AND FULL (Updated at Bottom)

HeatherL

**Cross posted on the general education board**

A few years ago I participated in a great postcard swap on a different homeschooling board.  My son loved receiving them in the mail and I thought I'd see if there was any interest to do one here this summer.  It would be very simple.  

There would be a limit of 25 families.  I would generate the list of names and addresses and send it out through private message.  Your family would be required to send one postcard to each family on the list by August 1st (A lot of us seem to start our school year then).  Each postcard would need to have a picture/landmark from the sate you live in and some interesting facts/message that you can hand write or print and glue to the back.  Postage for postcards is 35 cents and postcards themselves usually can be found for 50 cents or co (our Walmart has tons with state images).  

It doesn't matter if there are multiples from the same states, because each will be personal from the sender.  I figure if we do this as a summer activity it could lead to some fun summer learning rabbit trails for the receivers and allow senders to work on some research and writing skills.  Since there would be 25 going out, kids would not need to be required to hand write each one.  This is definitely a family activity.  

Once the list is closed, either by hitting the 25 families or by May 20th - whichever comes first, families will have from June 1st - August 1st to get these mailed out.  PLEASE if you sign up and are committed on the final list DO NOT FLAKE!  It really just hurts the kids involved.

1.  HeatherL

2.  Rach

3.  athomeontheprarie

4.  Pink and Green Mom

5.  My3Munchkins

6.  AmandaVT

7.  MeghansMom

8.  MrsRobinson

9.  springr8

10.  anonymous (will provide personal info to the group)

11.  LAR

12.  Ravin

13.  Momof3IL

14.  fdrinca

15.  Jenn in CA

16.  Stratford

17.  Tanaqui

18.  TaraTheLiberator

19.  MedicMom

20.  Spryte

21.  deBij

22.  SportUK

23.  RenaInTexas

24.  Mommysanders

25.  ZaraBellesMom

26.  Acorn

-----------------FULL------------------------------------

We are now full.  Each family will send out 25 postcards (22 in the US and 3 internationally, the cost is only 85 cents more for those 3)  I will be sending out messages to the people listed above.  Thank you to everyone who joined and I so excited to get this started!!

Edited by HeatherL
  • Like 1

We are now full.  Each family will send out 25 postcards (22 in the US and 3 internationally, the cost is only 85 cents more for those 3)  I will be sending out messages to the people listed above.  Thank you to everyone who joined and I so excited to get this started!!

• Like 3

If there's a wait list or for some reason someone has to change their mind can you please let us know?? How fun! For some reason I didn't see this til now :(

I have a few people I haven't heard from that haven't provided me with their address yet.  I will give them another day or two to get back to me and if I don't hear from them, I can add you to the list. :)

I have a few people I haven't heard from that haven't provided me with their address yet.  I will give them another day or two to get back to me and if I don't hear from them, I can add you to the list. :)

OH!   I just saw this too.  If there is room, we are interested.  Anyone want a postcard from Japan?!!  :patriot: