Menu

Just threw out my stack of fitness magazines

Moxie

Eff you, skinny betches!!!

:hurray:  :laugh:  :lol:  :grouphug:  :thumbup:  :thumbup1:  :smilielol5:  :party:  :willy_nilly:

My husband is to the point he just rolls his eyes when I grab the newest Woman's World to check out whatever fad diet is on the cover LOL.

• Like 2

I get The Running Room magazine (published by The Running Room stores in Canada), and the people are real non-model types; store employees, people participating in their running programs, and otherwise regular people. They've had babies, smoked, eaten too many Thanksgiving meals, etc.  ;)

You can look at past issues here: http://www.runningroom.com/hm/inside.php?id=3813

• Like 1

I thought the magazines were supposed to *make* me skinny? Why would I pay for them otherwise?

I'm going to write a book "Weight Loss by Osmosis". Watch for it!!

• Like 3

I like reading books about extreme hiking or running magazines and then applying the principles to my very sedentary lifestyle.

It's really not hard.

For instance, cross training can involve walking to the grocery store AND carrying the groceries upstairs.

Incorporating more exercise into my day can involve forgetting something in the car and having to go back downstairs to get it.

Persevering on a backpacking trip has many lessons that are useful for mere 3 hour hikes without significant changes in altitude.  I might add that this approach also avoids having to poop in anything that does not flush, and also involves a warm bath with Epsom salts before a restful night of slumber in a bed that includes a lovely mattress.

See how easy?

• Like 8

It would be a tremendous seller..."Weight Loss by Osmosis while you eat Homemade Ice Cream."

Just today, I heard on NPR that a new study shows that the fat in dairy products is actually good for you. Protects against weight gain and diabetes. Take that, fat free sour cream! I hereby proclaim you to be an oxymoronic nonfood!

I like reading books about extreme hiking or running magazines and then applying the principles to my very sedentary lifestyle.

It's really not hard.

For instance, cross training can involve walking to the grocery store AND carrying the groceries upstairs.

Incorporating more exercise into my day can involve forgetting something in the car and having to go back downstairs to get it.

Persevering on a backpacking trip has many lessons that are useful for mere 3 hour hikes without significant changes in altitude.  I might add that this approach also avoids having to poop in anything that does not flush, and also involves a warm bath with Epsom salts before a restful night of slumber in a bed that includes a lovely mattress.

See how easy?

I bolded the part you're supposed to make the kids do...

• Like 2

Just today, I heard on NPR that a new study shows that the fat in dairy products is actually good for you. Protects against weight gain and diabetes. Take that, fat free sour cream! I hereby proclaim you to be an oxymoronic nonfood!

How is fat free half-and-half even legal?!?