Menu

Anybody else still have no power from Ike?

My dh grew up down there...his parents are still in the same house he grew up in.........rare these days...

Anyhow, I will ask him to show me where that is at.

Dh is leaving tomorrow to drive to TX to start a new job....we will follow when we finalize on a house......

Good luck to you, I will continue to pray for all down in that area,

Alison

I've been absent from the board awhile, but I'm wondering if anyone else is still powerless? We are on day 13 and I'm ready to beat my head against the wall.

We have a generator, but we only use it for a few hours in the evenings because of the cost of gas.

Gosh, Rhonda, I'm sorry. We got ours back the other day and our neighborhood keeps getting them then losing them. My dh connected the genny to our fuse box which ran our entire house except the ac...the one we really need. It did gives us a sense of things being normal, but you're right....the gas adds up quickly. Do you have a window unit? During Rita we placed it in our master bdrm and kinda lived out of that. I'll be praying for y'all.

Congratulations, Rhonda: You just won my Woman of the Year award. Wow--I'd be...well, in deep doo-doo without power for two weeks. Honestly, I can't imagine (which says a lot--all of it bad--about me).

You rock. Here's a :grouphug: and a prayer that the lights come on sooner rather than later. Bless your heart!!

Gosh, Rhonda, I'm sorry. We got ours back the other day and our neighborhood keeps getting them then losing them. My dh connected the genny to our fuse box which ran our entire house except the ac...the one we really need. It did gives us a sense of things being normal, but you're right....the gas adds up quickly. Do you have a window unit? During Rita we placed it in our master bdrm and kinda lived out of that. I'll be praying for y'all.

Our outage percentage went up from yesterday to today, so I think that's happening here, too. No window unit, but thankfully the humidity is down.

Congratulations, Rhonda: You just won my Woman of the Year award. Wow--I'd be...well, in deep doo-doo without power for two weeks. Honestly, I can't imagine (which says a lot--all of it bad--about me).

You rock. Here's a :grouphug: and a prayer that the lights come on sooner rather than later. Bless your heart!!

I try to think about those who have it so much worse than us. There are many, many people who won't have power even after we finally do gets ours. However, I do confess that the stress is wearing on me.

So sorry Rhonda--I hope you get it back soon! We got ours back after 3 days (we're in Spring), but my SIL who lives 5 min. from me still doesn't have hers back. They don't have a gen., but are running a light & a fan using an adapter on the car battery. She has a toddler & is 6 mos. pg! Thank God it's not too hot or humid. Hang in there!

I've been absent from the board awhile, but I'm wondering if anyone else is still powerless? We are on day 13 and I'm ready to beat my head against the wall.

We have a generator, but we only use it for a few hours in the evenings because of the cost of gas.

I feel for you-- I really do. We were without power for 12 days after hurricane Fran 12 years ago. It absolutely STINKS.

Big hugs to you.

We saw a Centerpoint Energy truck on our street earlier this morning. We talked to him and he said they hope to have the power back on by tonight. Yea!! In honor of that, I'm running the generator in the middle of the day. :D

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you.

But really, aren't I supposed to kick your behind???? :lol:

:grouphug: I hope they get it back on very soon.

No power is awful and hard to imagine unless you've lost it. I still can't even think about the loss of power last year with the ice storms. Freezing, dark and a feeling of loss and helplessness. Big hug for you all facing this.