Menu

LG clothes dryers: any experience?

Kathryn

We need a new dryer. Looking online, for the combination of narrower depth that we need for the space but also pretty good reviews, it looks like LG wins. But, I get so nervous about appliance buying. Does anyone here have (electric is what we need) LG dryer experience, good or bad?

Or any suggestions for narrower depth electric dryers? The current one is 28" and has about half an inch of clearance to the laundry closet door.

I have an LG waveforce washer and dryer. Have had no trouble at all with the dryer in the 3 to 4 years I've had it. It dries really quickly, but that is likely due to the excessive wringing out that the washer does (and is way too hard on my clothes).The washer on the other hand is horrible. There weren't many reviews out when I purchased the set but that's what I would use to make my decision if I were to replace them. Reading back on my set now, others have the same washer issues that I have had. 

I have had an LG for 3 years, I like it and it's signals sound so happy. I choose it based on what would fit in my tiny laundry room. I don't care for my washer as it is prone to smelling musty unless I leave the door completely open (as opposed to the slight catch it has so it isn't sealed closed), I didn't have that problem with my previous front load washer.

Don't use dryer sheets though, it will void any warranty. Apparently it messes with the electronics.

I have had an LG for 3 years, I like it and it's signals sound so happy. I choose it based on what would fit in my tiny laundry room. I don't care for my washer as it is prone to smelling musty unless I leave the door completely open (as opposed to the slight catch it has so it isn't sealed closed), I didn't have that problem with my previous front load washer.

Don't use dryer sheets though, it will void any warranty. Apparently it messes with the electronics.

This has been our experience. Except for the dryer sheets part. I had no idea:-) We have an Ultron, I think. LG washers are known for their mustiness issues... Although they may have gotten better in the past 5 years. Dryers are good though.

We don't use dryer sheets, so we're good there. While it kills me to not get a set, we cloth diaper and have a 10yo agitator-top loader that cleans great with lots of water so I don't want to replace until we're done diapering. But, we really need a dryer. We are having to dry three times just for a normal load of clothes. And this thing has spit lint all over the house since it was worked on several years ago.

This has been our experience. Except for the dryer sheets part. I had no idea:-) We have an Ultron, I think. LG washers are known for their mustiness issues... Although they may have gotten better in the past 5 years. Dryers are good though.

I wouldn't have realized it except the installer pointed it out in the owners manual. We did use dryer sheets at the time so I appreciated the heads up.

I have an LG front load washer that's four years old and an LG dryer that's two years old.  Both of them have performed flawlessly so far.  I wouldn't hesitate one second to buy another LG washer or dryer.  The dryer's end of cycle signal is the tune from The Bear Went Over The Mountain.  It's much more pleasant than a typical signal.  Even DH noticed that nice little touch!

Edited by Pawz4me

LG dryer has been awesome. Really rugged. LG washer? Replaced twice in 5 years.

That's been our experience too. Same dryer for eight years, no problems. Washer had to be replaced after 5 years and had ongoing issues.

We need a new dryer. Looking online, for the combination of narrower depth that we need for the space but also pretty good reviews, it looks like LG wins. But, I get so nervous about appliance buying. Does anyone here have (electric is what we need) LG dryer experience, good or bad?

Or any suggestions for narrower depth electric dryers? The current one is 28" and has about half an inch of clearance to the laundry closet door.

I had one overseas, European model, and we have a used one now. I am happy with them. One lasted 1.5 years before we moved, was working great. The other one we bought used, two years of use and now we have had it for maybe 6 months? I posted about getting it. We're happy with it. Works well.

We buy big things on Craigslist. I feel that way, you're less likely to lose out with a lemon. 

We haven't had issues with the washer, either. My mom's had her LGs for about five years, no problem with either.