Menu

Is anyone else watching t.v. tonight?

We recorded Fringe and the first of the three-part series on PBS about Warner Brothers. I was not enthusiastic about Fringe after the pilot, and our DVR hiccuped and messed up the recording last week. So, we just weren't in a hurry to watch.

Then my husband revealed he had purchased the whole series of Firefly on DVD. He was in a store and saw it on sale and remembered me saying I wanted to re-watch it.

So, we stayed up way too late watching that.

I can't believe how much better it is than pretty much any of the shows running currently. It's funny, because I remember being only lukewarm about it in first run. I don't know whether it seems so much better now because it just wasn't what I expected the first time around, or because I'm so unimpressed by most of what's on now. (I often go weeks when I wouldn't bother to turn on the TV if I weren't keeping my husband company or watching a DVD.) But I'm really enjoying Firefly this time.

Sadly, if we keep watching it at the rate we did tonight, it won't last very long . . .

No, you should not, especially since I just admitted it myself. :D

Thanks! I like dancing and I like fancy dresses/costumes (and some of those guys are not bad-looking either!). My dh said that the guys can watch for the girls and the girls can watch for the guys, so everybody's happy LOL. Although I found it funny when Ted McGinley dedicated his dance to all the guys who would rather be watching football, because if I had ESPN, I would have been watching Monday Night Football, not dancing!