Menu

I need a good IPhone 6s cover

Scarlett

I am pretty sure it is the same size as the 6. I want a good case, one that encloses the entire phone. It is very confusing looking at them on line. Does anyone have a reasonably priced one they love? Even an unreasonably priced one...I cant tell which ones are fully enclosed.

Otterbox Defenders are a three piece case: back hard shell, front piece with clear screen cover and hard shell edge, and a silicone piece that goes over the back and wraps around to the front. It's not fully enclosed as in waterproof though. I think LifeProof are the only ones that claim to be.

• Like 5

Otterbox Defenders are a three piece case: back hard shell, front piece with clear screen cover and hard shell edge, and a silicone piece that goes over the back and wraps around to the front. It's not fully enclosed as in waterproof though. I think LifeProof are the only ones that claim to be.

I don't really need waterproof....but I like that the life proof has a slimmer look. But Dh has one for his Galaxy that he has replaced 3 times because you can talk on it....voices echo and are distorted.

Does anyone have a LP for an IPhone 6?

I have always used the otterbox defender cases, but just a few days ago I was in an AT&T store looking at cases and I was able to see the sales guy's Pelican case on his phone. It seemed sturdy, but slimmer than OtterBox. It looked really nice too. I also think the Otter Box commuter series is less bulky, while still being enclosed. I've never used that kind though. Good luck!

• Like 1

My daughter loves her LifeProof case for her 5s. If I wanted a fully enclosed case, that's what I'd get. She's hard on her stuff, but the phone was in perfect shape when we replaced the case with an identical one after 18 months. The case was trashed by month 16, but she is VERY rough on her stuff. The phone was/is in perfect new condition. Definitely a good case. 

My kids have had Otterboxes for their iPods, and they were very good, too.

f

Fully enclosed?

It creates a lip around the screen, but the screen isn't covered. You can put a screen protector on, but I haven't. Several 'oops' drops on concrete & no breakage. We have Speck cases on 3 iPhones in our family. I tried the otter box & the silicone got filthy looking & the bottom thin strip where charger goes split before 1 year.

• Like 1

Son has a Lifecase on his 5s. I really like it. Had read read reviews of sound being muffled, but not experiencing that problem. His is the model without the screen protector, with a dumb-name (like Nuud). It is supposedly waterproof. They have another model with a built-in screen protector, but it seemed too thick.

He also had an Otterbox Defender for an iPod Touch. Another very protective case. As mentioned in an earlier post, the rubber parts of the Defender case are prone to wear and breaking. I believe the Lifecase will be better in that regard. Otterbox now owns Lifeproof.

I think I's prefer the Nuud with an applied screen protector to an all-in-one case with built-in (thick plastic) screen protector, as they interfere with "the feel" and tend to scratch. Son's Defender had one of these, and we eventually cut it out. There is a question if the "waterproof" protection of the Nuud is compromised by screen protectors (or not), but I wouldn't want to take one swimming in any case. The one con of the Nuud, aside from bulk (which isn't that bad for a very protective case), is that the door to the charger (like all the connections designed to be waterproof) is that it is hard to open at first if you don't have a lot of hand strength. Son had me do it at first. It gets easier.

Wife has a 6s Plus. Her case is a Tech 21. I really like it as an option if streamlined but still protective is the aim. It is very thin and unobtrusive, yet has high absorption foam that provides great shock absorption without adding bulk.

Bill

• Like 1

I had the life proof case for my iPhone 6. Ended up tossing it the drawer because of the problem connecting cords to it. Anything that isn't the original Apple cable won't fit. DD14 has gone thru otter box defenders on hers - we are waiting for the third to arrive warranty replacement in the mail. Twice she has broken the plastic part of the case and they replace for free.

Right now we are all using TechArmor cases with ballistic glass screen protectors. Even DD hasn't managed to break hers yet.

• Like 1