Menu

Beautifully written books?

What are some of the most beautifully written books you know? I'm looking for writing samples to give DS for imitation... (sentences or paragraphs probably; Killgallonesque). Any ideas of books to pull from? He is late elementary and fairly precocious, so we would like anything from jr high level on down (we aren't opposed to picture books either).

And ideas?

Edited by tranquility7
  • Like 1

We just finished The Hobbit as a read aloud. Tolkien's use of words have an amazing flow and beauty that made it such a pleasure to read aloud. I was daunted by trying this series as a read aloud, but I'm actually looking forward to Fellowship of the Rings because it is so beautifully written.

Where the mountain meets the moon had some beautiful language.

We just listened to this on our drive home from Christmas at the in-laws. I'd read it aloud several months ago, but dh and dd6 hadn't heard it. I love the way stories (and the importance of hearing stories) are intertwined throughout the book. It comes together beautifully.