Menu

Organizing purse

DawnM

Just curious what you love about your purse, particularly if it:

1. Is an organizing purse with lots of pockets.

2. Can carry a small 7" tablet in a compartment of some sort for security.

3. Has a water bottle pouch

Links appreciated.

Edited by DawnM

Mine isn't an organizing purse, but I use pouches to organize mine.  I have a small pouch that holds emergency medical stuff - tylenol, gravol, band-aids, etc.  Another one holds things like lip gloss and hand cream.  A third pouch holds my notebook and a supply of pens.  Then I have my wallet.  My iPad mini case is very secure so I just plunk it in my purse.  

Here's a link to a pouch that is similar to one of the ones I use: https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/style/light-grain-fleurissant-floral-medium/882709250593-item.html?ref=by-shop%3astyle%3abagsandtotes-pouches%3atx2-bags-totes-pouches%3a13%3a 

This is my iPad mini case: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/turnaround?crid=1325 

• Like 1

I've used Ameribag Healthy-back Bags exclusively for a couple decades.  The nylon HBB, size Small, would meet all your needs.  I usually get them from ebags.com, but the ameribag website gives great descriptions.

http://www.ameribag.com/6103-TP.html

I actually have one.

I don't find it quite sturdy enough. I worry it isn't really protecting my iPad well.  I DO have a case on my iPad that covers front and back, but I wish the material were thicker.

Also, is your water bottle holder big enough?  The one on mine is not unless I have about an 8oz bottle.

I actually have one.

I don't find it quite sturdy enough. I worry it isn't really protecting my iPad well.  I DO have a case on my iPad that covers front and back, but I wish the material were thicker.

Also, is your water bottle holder big enough?  The one on mine is not unless I have about an 8oz bottle.

So you have the one with the padded side pouch?  It's almost a half inch of padding on the outside of the pocket.  Is that not thick enough?

As for the water-bottle pouch, the larger the sizes have bigger pockets.  

Maybe you should look at backpacks.  They would provide more protection, with the tablet against your back, and they may have a bigger bottle pouch than any handbag.

Edited by Suzanne in ABQ

So you have the one with the padded side pouch?  It's almost a half inch of padding on the outside of the pocket.  Is that not thick enough?

Maybe you should look at backpacks.  They would provide more protection, with the tablet against your back, and they may have a bigger bottle pouch than any handbag.

No, mine doesn't have any padding.  

I have an Ameribag that I think is medium.  I also have the large size in the LL Bean version.    Both have half size water bottle pockets.  Water bottles often flip out of them.

I have a backpack too.  I really don't like it.  I have to dig in there for anything as it is so large.

I definitely prefer a cross body of some sort.

So your Ameribag has padding?  

Jujube diaper bags are beautiful, machine washable and don't look like diaper bags.

Often recommended

Also very popular

Old favorite (one kid)

New favorite (holds 4 water bottles, 4 bibles, 4 jackets, lunch, all the "baby" stuff, my lap top and probably 2 pedestrians if necessary)

That may be a bit too large (and probably too  large of a price.)

But I have indeed thought that I like many of the toiletry bags.  Not the hanging kind necessarily, but the wide openings up top and the many nooks and crannies, pockets, etc.....

I even thought of an ebags lunch tote.....the kind that opens up on top on 3 sides.  And it is definitely padded.l

I have one from rei. It was under $60 and fits my iPad and a notebook well. It is plain black which is okay, but the inside is a neon yellow-green, so eveything is visible.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

name/model/style????

The newer model, the HBB.evo, has a special padded pocket designed just for a tablet.  Check out the diagram on the page I posted before, or HERE.  All the other pockets will probably be mostly the same as the LLBean model that you have now (except the outer flap pocket is split into two pockets for some reason), but they've added a large, zippered, padded pocket just for a tablet.  Possible caveat: the padding makes the whole purse stand up whether there's a tablet in it or not.  This bugs me because I don't carry a tablet, but I think it would be great for a tablet.  

What I love about the healthy back bags is that every single pocket is accessible with one hand, while the bag is still on my shoulder.  And, I can just keep stacking stuff in the main compartment without losing access to any other pocket.  

If you go to the ameribag.com website, select "ALL HBB", then scroll down the left side, and click "Tablet Compatible", that will take you to all the models that have the padded pocket.  If you get size Small or larger, the outside pocket should be able to hold a water bottle.  One caveat, though: if you bend way over while wearing the bag on your back, that water bottle is likely to fall out.

• Like 1

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/90927?productId=1512250&attrValue_0=Black&pla1=0&mr:trackingCode=B976D2E0-245D-E511-80FA-005056942F93&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=t&mr:adType=plaonline&mr:ad=55725345680&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:tid=aud-148721588960:pla-32181356540&mr:ploc=9002517&mr:iloc=&mr:store=&mr:filter=32181356540&mkwid=wIpHrPQa_dt&pcrid=55725345680&qs=3091386_google&product=0QYJ910000&cvosrc=cse.google.0QYJ910000&cvo_crid=55725345680&lsft=mkwid:wIpHrPQa_dt,pcrid:55725345680,qs:3091386_google,product:0QYJ910000,cvosrc:cse.google.0QYJ910000,cvo_crid:55725345680

I have this Osprey Flapjill. It doesn't have a water bottle holder, but it has a very secure, padded interior pocket for a tablet, plus lots of organizing pockets. It is a cross body bag which I prefer. There is ample room inside for me to keep a water bottle.

Ok, just looked at this.  It is the same size as my Timbuk2 xs messenger bag and very similar in features.  I think Timbuk2 has added a water bottle holder now but they didn't used to have one, so mine doesn't have it.  

I do find it larger than what I would want to carry, but I really need to get everything laid out that I would like to make sure and carry and see what size I really need.

Ok, just looked at this. It is the same size as my Timbuk2 xs messenger bag and very similar in features. I think Timbuk2 has added a water bottle holder now but they didn't used to have one, so mine doesn't have it.

I do find it larger than what I would want to carry, but I really need to get everything laid out that I would like to make sure and carry and see what size I really need.

Yeah, it's a bit larger than what I'd like for every day errands to the grocery store, but for a long day out or traveling it's great. I don't take my iPad with me so I use the pocket for my phone instead, but I can see how it would be handy.

• Like 1

http://www.levenger.com/Marley-Multi-Pocket-Urbanizer-Core-7480.aspx

My 6 inch Kindle fits nicely in the zipper pocket.  I love this bag.  It is the nicest (and also the most expensive) bag I've ever owned.  I got it at a significant discount on Amazon.  They never really go on sale at levenger.

They also make the Marley Organizer which is bigger, but I wanted something small and was planning the Kindle and purse at the same time.

Edited by Amy in NH
  • Like 1

THANK YOU ALL.

Ok, after a long talk with one of my best friends I have decided I don't necessarily need a water bottle pouch, I can keep that in the car.   I have also decided that maybe I need to pare down what I carry in my purse.  I have a smaller wallet and am thinking of trying to switch BACK to that and away from the huge monstrosity I currently carry.  It is HEAVY!

I am going to use what I have for now while I keep looking.....I am a horrible decision maker and I really like several of the suggestions you guys have linked and some suggestions on another site where I asked the same question.

I also like the Kavu bags, but so far I haven't found a print that has jumped out at me.....maybe a plain would be better for me if I choose to get one.

I prefer smaller bags and to keep things in my car, but if I must carry a ton for some reason I switch to my Butler Bag.   http://www.butlerbag.com/

It doesn't have a tablet compartment, but is more than big enough to carry my laptop in between the organizer and the side of the bag if I need it to.

About ten years ago a nurse I was working with showed me hers.  They were expensive for a brand I'd never heard of.  Then one day I was driving down the interstate and it started to rain after a week of below-zero temperatures.  I pulled off to avoid the ice and into the closest parking lot to wait a few hours until it warmed up more.  It was a Kmart.  They had a cheap version of Butler bags on clearance.  Mine is black patent and cost maybe $20 on clearance.  I should have bought five, for all of the people who wanted mine after they saw it.

• Like 1