Menu

Making a Murderer on Netflix **SPOILERS**

Moxie

Okay, just finished watching the series and reading this thread. Here are some thoughts I have:

1) Brendan isn't guilty of rape or murder. I *think* he may have seen SA do something, or SA involved him somehow...transporting Theresa's body, getting the fire going, what have you. I only think this because I don't think he would have opened his mouth and implicated himself otherwise. I just can't imagine that that kid would have, on his own and for no reason at all, inserted himself into the crime. So if Brendan is guilty of any crime at all, it would be as an accessory.

2) I'm mixed in my thoughts on SA. On the one hand, where's the blood, how could he have done this at the time they say he did (i.e. timeline doesn't make sense), why would he have left Theresa's car hidden, but intact? Maybe he thought he'd come back for it later? But he knew this young lady was on a job assignment, so obviously her disappearance would cause concern. Plus, he ACTS so innocent...I dunno, maybe that's naive of me. I've watched enough crime TV to get the idea that sociopaths have twisted minds and behavior, but still.

3) That's one jacked up family. The documentary doesn't show all of the dysfunction, but after reading some of the reports online, I'm thinking...wow.

4) First lawyer, Len Kachinsky, is a smarmy, no-good, moth-to-a-flame, a@@hole, who royally screwed Brendan over.

5) Kachinsky's investigator is as bad...weeping at the blue ribbon, telling Brendan what to draw, his email about it being a good thing to end the Avery gene pool...my gosh! How in the world????

6) The prosecutor, Ken Kratz, irritated the heck out of me with his lady-voice and how sometimes when he was listening to answers his mouth would be open and you could see his tongue. But I digress...he was determined to put SA away, and his case as presented in the documentary was very weak. He acted patronizing towards the jury. Plus sexting...ew.

7) Barb's husband's testimony didn't help Brendan AT ALL, and I think he was happy about that. Did he want to get rid of Brendan, as in get him out of the house, and he knew with Brendan's limited IQ he may never leave his mom's house? So he figured, well, the kid probably did it, so I'm not going to go out on a limb to help him out.

8) Barb...I just felt so much pain for her. She's a tough woman and we'd likely not hang out together IRL, but still. To feel so powerless, confused, weak. I just couldn't bear it.

Edited by forgetmenot
  • Like 3

2) I'm mixed in my thoughts on SA. On the one hand, where's the blood, how could he have done this at the time they say he did (i.e. timeline doesn't make sense), why would he have left Theresa's car hidden, but intact? Maybe he thought he'd come back for it later? But he knew this young lady was on a job assignment, so obviously her disappearance would cause concern. Plus, he ACTS so innocent...I dunno, maybe that's naive of me. I've watched enough crime TV to get the idea that sociopaths have twisted minds and behavior, but still.

I agree with your entire post but I wanted to add something to the whole car scenario. If SA went to so much trouble to destroy a body, an even great deal more trouble to clean a crime scene, but he didn't do anything to the car other than put a bit of brush and boards in front of it? It makes no sense, especially since destroying the car would have been the easiest of the three for him to do.

• Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXAmMCR9lQ&feature=share

One of my kids sent this to me last night and said that this is how dh and I were for a week after watching MAM. Except she said we talked about it everywhere- in the car, at the gym, at dinner.... She was pretty happy we'd stopped talking about it but last night dh says...,"Hey, did you hear they moved Brendan Dassey to a new prison?" and dd just groaned and rolled her eyes. And emailed me the link.

ETA: I think there is some bad language.

I swear they have been watching me watch the show. "Are you bleeping kidding me?!" Is pretty much what I yell at the tv all night long as I angry crochet while watching it.

And yeah there's plenty of bad language. Lol

Watching this show makes it so easy to understand how the poisoning in Flint happened. It's all just a crazy insane never should have happened in the first place much less continued for so long and so far cluster of beaucracy hell.

• Like 2

I agree with your entire post but I wanted to add something to the whole car scenario. If SA went to so much trouble to destroy a body, an even great deal more trouble to clean a crime scene, but he didn't do anything to the car other than put a bit of brush and boards in front of it? It makes no sense, especially since destroying the car would have been the easiest of the three for him to do.

That's what I've been dwelling on as well. How many killers have a car they need to get rid of and have access to a car crusher they know how to operate? He could have taken that car apart very quickly and stowed pieces across acres of other cars if he didn't want to simply crush it in one piece. And I love how he cleaned every droplet of  that blood up in the crowded garage but left smears all over the car, which incidentally, had no fingerprints.  :001_rolleyes:

• Like 3

This is a really intriguing theory about who killed Theresa. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/cold-case-expert-thinks-making-020034799.html

I knew the family was bad news but I didn't realize the extent of it. Wow!

Eta--My comment is based on the article about who SA thinks killed her. Spoiler alert--he suspects his brothers. I wish MAM had gotten into investigating other suspects.

Edited by Moxie