Menu

What are YOU getting for Christmas? Hubby wants to know what to get me, and I'm coming up dry.

ThelmaLou

This year, gifts are tricking in, as we've had a few different celebrations with different groups of people. 

So far: 

$50 gc to Crate and Barrel from my son and his gf

$10 gc to Starbucks from my son and his gf

$65 gc to Amazon from the people in my division (with which I bought books)

$25 gc to B&N from my boss (with which I bought more books)

Fiestaware 4 pc entertaining set from EX

$200 from my dad (with which I'll use some to buy a Swarovsky necklace--I probably spelled that wrong, but I don't care at the moment.)

And I have one wrapped gift under the tree from DD, which I'll open Christmas Eve. 

Another thing I've asked for is natural perfume- I stopped wearing perfume probably 15 years ago but I will put on a dab of oils here and there, well my friend let me know about some natural perfume called Pacifica that uses essential oils and I'm dying to have some. However, that is going to wait until I can smell it in person.

a nice Mandoline

I love Pacific Beauty! I have the Mango Grapefruit roll on perfume and it smells heavenly. I've tried several other testers at the natural food store and I dint think there's a single one I don't like.

Also, DS is getting a Mandoline this year. I think he's going to love it.

• Like 1

I love Pacific Beauty! I have the Mango Grapefruit roll on perfume and it smells heavenly. I've tried several other testers at the natural food store and I dint think there's a single one I don't like.

Also, DS is getting a Mandoline this year. I think he's going to love it.

I do like citrus smells. I'm afraid that like you I'm going to like all of them and have a hard time choosing! Which mandoline did you pick out for your son?

• Like 1

This will sound scandalous to some of you, but DH and I gave each other the gift of being off the hook. We don't want or need anything, and when we do, we just get it for ourselves. Neither of us like shopping at all. Neither of us are stuff or gift people. We're at that phase of life where we need to purge and not acquire stuff. We had the conversation over lunch one day and we both felt relieved that there would be no expectation to shop for the other. I know not everyone will understand this at all, but that's LOVE for people like us :-)

• Like 1

Which mandoline did you pick out for your son?

We got him an Oscar Schmidt OM10E in Tobacco Sunburst. It's relatively entry level since he hasn't played before. He plays guitar, bass, ukulele, drums, and a little dulcimer though. He wanted to give the mandoline and banjo a try next. We got him the mandoline and the in-laws got him a banjo.

Edited by Hoot