Menu

Glass water bottles? Or something else?

Slache

Someone on here recently suggested a glass water bottle that she loved but I didn't care because I love mine too. Well, now mine is broken and they don't make them anymore. If you like your glass one, or have another you recommend, why do you like it and which one do you recommend?

• Like 1

I think this is the one someone here recommended. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012AI3O7U/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?qid=1449345181&sr=8-16-spons&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=lifefactory+water+bottle&psc=1&th=0I like the appearance better than the life factory ones. Any thoughts?

I had and used that one for years, 3? 4? Just last week the plastic tab that keeps it closed broke. It was time for a new one anyway, but that is why I'm watching your thread!

One thing about it, though. The rubber inside gasket that clamps over the top got some discoloration early on that I could not discover the origin of. It looked like mildew? It wouldn't go away, but it didn't change, so I just used it. I would eat soup that been left out overnight, though, so there's that you can judge me by!

I liked the wide mouth, no sucking on a valve or straw. I also liked that I could pretty much use it one-handed, no need to unscrew the top.

• Like 1

I had and used that one for years, 3? 4? Just last week the plastic tab that keeps it closed broke. It was time for a new one anyway, but that is why I'm watching your thread!

One thing about it, though. The rubber inside gasket that clamps over the top got some discoloration early on that I could not discover the origin of. It looked like mildew? It wouldn't go away, but it didn't change, so I just used it. I would eat soup that been left out overnight, though, so there's that you can judge me by!

I liked the wide mouth, no sucking on a valve or straw. I also liked that I could pretty much use it one-handed, no need to unscrew the top.

I got one tonight at Target. How often did you wash yours when you first got it? I want to avoid the mildew if I can.

We have a couple Life Factory ones.  The thing I don't like about glass, is the condensation.  If I put it in a bag with and ice cold drink, it gets things wet from the condensation. 

I went back to my insulated one, and haven't used my glass one since.  DD17 was really excited to have a Life Factory one. She used it for a  few months and now prefers the Hydro Flask too. 

• Like 1

Which style of Hydro Flask do you like? Does it have any drawbacks?

We all have Hydro Flasks.

The girls and I have the narrow screw-top lids. I like that I can hook a carabiner through the top and hang it off a bag or belt or hook it inside a larger bag so that it's easy to find. The lid obviously detaches when you drink which could be a pain if you're trying to do something one-handed.

The guys have the wide-mouth bottles. The connector for dh's lid broke within a few months of heavy use. He rigged a new one with zip ties. Ds's hasn't broken after two years.

No one wanted the sports bottle top so I can't comment on those.

Forgot to say: the Hydro Flasks have been dropped so many times. Mine is dented all around the bottom because of some spectacular drops onto rocks and concrete. I think I would have gone through multiple glass bottles by now!

Edited by Luckymama