Housing costs  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Is your home

• A rental
    • 15 year mortgage
    • 30 year mortgage
    • Free and clear
    • Other

Some states do not have income tax, so the property tax is much higher.

Our home is in a state with no state income tax but our property taxes are always less than $800. House is a short drive to the beach and schools are top in the state. I'm also one who can't fathom paying thousands.

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our home is in a state with no state income tax but our property taxes are always less than $800. House is a short drive to the beach and schools are top in the state. I'm also one who can't fathom paying thousands.

:huh:  How is the economy around you? Are there jobs? I might need to PM you to find out where you live!

Our taxes are crazy but the whole state is basically one big suburb of two major cities. The schools are good, but taxes are high even in towns with poorly performing schools. And we're in the group of states with the highest sales tax rate. I think only CA is higher.

• Like 1

For those of you who have a 30 year mortgage do you feel you had no choice? Was it the least expensive home you could (reasonably) stand to live in? Or did you go 30 year because you wanted a more expensive house?

There were only a few decent, big enough houses (our house is roughly 1600 sq ft and I don't think that's unreasonable for a family of 5 who homeschools and works at home aka is home all day long!) in our price range.

• Like 1