Menu

I'm curious--what do you do during lunch?

I am constantly multi-tasking. I used to enjoy reading while I ate lunch...now I end up using that time preparing dinner, washing dishes, making phone calls, reading and writing emails, or doing something other than just plain sitting down and eating!

What do you do during lunch? Visit the boards? Eat with your children? Run errands? Come to the WTM board "teachers' lounge"? Read? Shower? Exercise? Walk the dog? Do laundry? The list of possibilities is endless...

Please do share what you do during lunch/the lunch hour/lunchtime.

When the kids were in grades K-7, we'd have Lunch & Lit. Now I prepare lunch and if they want to talk about something, I stick around and eat with them. If they are discussing something that does not need my input (baseball, fantasy fiction, fan fiction, chess), I exit stage left -- straight to these boards.

RC

I eat right alongside them! :001_smile:

I don't eat breakfast with them, just popping in and out of the room to chat while I put away the dishes and get things organized for the day, so I try to make sure that I'm actually *just sitting there* during lunch. They usually start with yogurt and eat that while I get my own food and the rest of their lunch ready, though. Also, rest time comes fairly soon after lunch, so I know I have some free time for myself on the way, which preserves my sanity. :tongue_smilie: