Menu

Fall Break

We take at least a week off each quarter and have done so since the beginning. Our fall break was Columbus Day week in October.  Our next break will be Thanksgiving week and looking forward to 3 weeks off over the Holidays. We also take 2 spring breaks about 5 weeks apart.  I can't go-go for more than 8 weeks at a time and need a week to recollect.  And our 34 week year still affords us 10 weeks off each summer.

• Like 2

We took a fall break week as well. When we started back in, I took the week to do some fun homeschool things that we had been meaning to do (he built a model of a covered wagon, listened to "You Were There" historical radio broadcasts, strayed from our writing curriculum to write an essay on Professor Umbridge (Harry Potter related), and other fun things.) This week we're back to our regular schedule. Next break will be 3 days off for Thanksgiving.

We went through the summer and plan on decelerating until after January birthdays. ds is still too young for NaNoWriMo but he isn't too old to make cute kid Christmas crafts for all the honourary aunties and uncles.

• Like 1

Can you point me in the direction of these? I would love to explore these. I like the idea! :)

Thanks

I wrote the title wrong. It's "You Are There!" Evidently it was a series of radio broadcasts and/or video. I have a cd of it which includes about 20 historical events and I have no idea where I got it. I did a search on amazon and came up with a number of dvds like this one. Have not found anything quite like what I have though. It was part of a CBS (I think) series.

I wrote the title wrong. It's "You Are There!" Evidently it was a series of radio broadcasts and/or video. I have a cd of it which includes about 20 historical events and I have no idea where I got it. I did a search on amazon and came up with a number of dvds like this one. Have not found anything quite like what I have though. It was part of a CBS (I think) series.

Are you referring to these?

• Like 1

Do you have "likes" turned off? If so, how did you do that?

Do you have "likes" turned off? If so, how did you do that?

She's a moderator; mods don't get likes. Which is sad, since they are the ones who always have something wise and level-headed to contribute. I am guessing that is what led to the position as a moderator, so it is kind of a catch-22 situation, lol.

• Like 2

I am fast approaching the November slumps myself, but trying to hold off on a break till the week of Thanksgiving. Then, we will be on again for just two more weeks, then take a 3 week break. I am really looking forward to it!

• Like 2

I am fast approaching the November slumps myself, but trying to hold off on a break till the week of Thanksgiving. Then, we will be on again for just two more weeks, then take a 3 week break. I am really looking forward to it!

I'm with you! I am feeling burned out but am waiting until Thanksgiving week---then we start "holiday school"!

We took a fall break early September.

I'm loving our new public school schedule. They get a two week fall break, a two week winter break, and a two week spring break. Then, they have two months off for summer. Basically, they get a break at the end of every grading period. I was worried they would have trouble getting back into the swing of things after their fall break but it actually seems to have helped them refresh and continue on. If we ever homeschool again, I think I will add in the same types of breaks.

• Like 1