Menu

Almost turned the news off this morning before learning...

creekland

Today is National Chocolate Day!

I believe I shall have to have one of my lunchtime dark chocolate w/almonds nuggets for breakfast to celebrate!

I can't believe how close I came to missing that important news.  I was in the process of getting up to fix my lunch prior to leaving for school.

• Like 15

Now that's something to celebrate!

It works for me!  And they say there's nothing worth watching on the news... there is if you pay attention to the right stories.  ;)

I seem to recall them talking about politics too, but my mind just wonders why we can't have quick election processes akin to other countries rather than our system of campaigning for two years making most of us sick of hearing about it.

I will admit to paying attention to the weather - soggy as it is today.

But the chocolate bit made for an extra tasty breakfast.

• Like 3

Yes, I heard that, too! Unfortunately I don't have any "real" chocolate at the moment. I am eating Pepper Jelly and Brie on crackers and thinking of MomsintheGarden's pepper jelly from this summer!

• Like 2

Whee! At first I thought it said National Crocodile Day, so I am much happier to find it's chocolate, not large carnivorous reptiles. :hurray:

I've eaten alligator before, but not crocodile.  While alligator is tasty, it's not quite the same as chocolate...

Now I'm wondering if alligator is considered red meat or not.  It's not a mammal...

Eh, it's National Chocolate Day, why am I even letting my brain wander to what type of meat alligator is???

Yes, I heard that, too! Unfortunately I don't have any "real" chocolate at the moment. I am eating Pepper Jelly and Brie on crackers and thinking of MomsintheGarden's pepper jelly from this summer!

That pepper jelly was really good!

From my lunch table I've learned that I'm rare preferring dark chocolate.  In my family, I'm in the majority.  We're split 3/2 Dark/Milk.  It seemed odd to be the only one (split 1/5) around the lunch table, but that's ok.  They didn't vote me off the island over it.  

• Like 4

That pepper jelly! I still can't believe I forgot to try it.

No chocolate in the house, but I was just about to get up and eat a bit of candy corn when I read this post. :) Candy corn will have to do.

• Like 3

Excellent news! I shall partake! Actually, I have been thinking rather a lot about chocolate lately. A friend of mine is relocating to Switzerland as we speak today and I have been wondering how difficult it would be to self regulate my chocolate addiction there. I just don't think I'd be able to, would you? I also prefer dark chocolate overall but Swiss chocolate is so good that I wouldn't be quite so picky!

• Like 1

That pepper jelly! I still can't believe I forgot to try it.

No chocolate in the house, but I was just about to get up and eat a bit of candy corn when I read this post. :) Candy corn will have to do.

I was searching the internet last night trying to find some info on lowering dh's ldl and came across a 70+ page booklet put out by the NIH. I was reading through it and it just seemed like outdated info...but I kept reading. I got to the snack suggestions and they suggested CANDY CORN.   It was an NIH booklet from 2005.   

What were people eating for snacks that made candy corn a better choice???

Excellent news! I shall partake! Actually, I have been thinking rather a lot about chocolate lately. A friend of mine is relocating to Switzerland as we speak today and I have been wondering how difficult it would be to self regulate my chocolate addiction there. I just don't think I'd be able to, would you? I also prefer dark chocolate overall but Swiss chocolate is so good that I wouldn't be quite so picky!

If your friend sends you some, remind them they have to send enough for the whole class.  I can pm you my address.  ;)

I was searching the internet last night trying to find some info on lowering dh's ldl and came across a 70+ page booklet put out by the NIH. I was reading through it and it just seemed like outdated info...but I kept reading. I got to the snack suggestions and they suggested CANDY CORN.   It was an NIH booklet from 2005.   

What were people eating for snacks that made candy corn a better choice???

Wow!  I'll admit I don't like candy corn, but it amazes me that it was recommended in 2005!  Yes, one has to wonder what they were eating instead?  :huh:

I'm depressed. I just found out I am iallergic/intolerant to cocoa, so no chocolate for me. :-( I mean seriously, who's allergic to cocoa?

Couldn't like this one.  Had to offer  :grouphug: instead.

At least you don't have to worry about missing its special day for another year, but still...