Menu

Come look and tell me...

Today's our first day of school and I redesigned our blog last night...does it look like a family that loves nature and has fun while learning?

The center picture is our first day of school picture-I cheated and took it yesterday. Do the colors look okay in your browser? I'm using Firefox so I don't know about the other browsers.

Thank you for indulging me, now off to start school. Oh, click the link in the siggy. :) Have a great day everyone!

What a wonderful design! It's inviting and easy to read - a boon for those of us with old eyes. ;)

The colors won't be affected by different browsers, but by the individual readers' monitors. Nothing you can do about that, but you've chosen such nice, soothing colors that I don't think you need to worry at all. :)

Yes, it's very pleasant to look at as a whole, and also in parts. It draws the reader in.

Good job!

Having said that, I read most blogs via a reader, so I usually don't see all the bells and whistles -- I just read the individual posts (on a white background) and see the photos posted with each particular post, never seeing the side columns, little leaves, header photos, etc.

Today's our first day of school and I redesigned our blog last night...does it look like a family that loves nature and has fun while learning?

The center picture is our first day of school picture-I cheated and took it yesterday. Do the colors look okay in your browser? I'm using Firefox so I don't know about the other browsers.

Yes. And Yes.

I like the new kid font.

How do you just up and redesign your blog? If I don't use a ready-made template I'm lost...

Thank you for indulging me, now off to start school. Oh, click the link in the siggy. :) Have a great day everyone!

Looks great!!

Goodness gracious, y'all are embarrassing me! :blushing: I'm glad the colors look right, that took me a while and I was afraid it might look pink or something weird on others' screens.

To answer a few questions:

The design elements are only the header and the side titles and I made those in photoshop. With blogger it's quite easy to load new graphics as pictures into the code using the blog editor.

Of course the 3 column blog code is not a Blogger standard and I did that two years ago so I've forgotten how it's done. :blush: Sorry. I'm sure there are tutorials online though. I'm a try and see if it works type person, not recommended.

Our first day post will be up later. Thank you all for taking the time to look and letting me know if I accomplished what I was trying to. :thumbup1: Y'all are awesome.