Menu

Ashley Furniture Homestore

Looking to purchase a sectional for our home. We would like to have more seating and this seems the way for us to go. Anyway... we stopped at Ashley Furniture store. Wondering if any of you have purchased from them. Are you pleased with your choice? How is it holding up?

There seems to be many of these stores popping up around us, so I was concerned about quality.

Thanks in advance

Tanya

We've been pleased with our stuff. We have 2 kids rooms and our living room all from Ashley. (yeah, income tax time a few years ago ;) ) As EL said, not heirloom quality, but it's nice. We've not had any problems with ours. I might suggest an extra coat or two of poly on wood surfaces, but otherwise, it's all good here. As you can see I have a herd of children to use and abuse the stuff. ;)

We have 2 couches (on a recliner couch, one a traditional), recliner chair, love seat, and a side chair. All have held up well after 3 children, 5 moves, and 6 years. I agree with the poster that said they weren't heirloom quality, but were decent.

I must say, though, that I LOVE the durappella fabric. That has saved by couches from countless stains and spills. (We don't eat outside the dining room, but stuff happens.)

I have always thought that while children are little and I'm still training them, I wouldn't get as upset if a $300 couch got ruined like I would with a $1000 couch. I'll have plenty of time when the kids are older to get more expensive furniture, if we like.

I'm going to dissent here. I think their sofa quality is carp. The fabrics seem ok, but the frames give more than I like and they all seem so light. I like a heavy framed sofa, and Ashley just seemed like toy furniture to me.

Do a google for Ashley furniture reviews and see what you find.

Basically, you pay for what you get. I have a house full of Ashley, the only reason is while picking furniture I got sick, and I just wanted to get it over w/so sent dh.

He bought a house full of nothing I like. I dont think it will hold up, but fortunately kids are not young. And I would do extra coat for wood, because I have had wood pieces for a yr. and everything is getting dinged or scratched. If had to do over, would have went somewhere else.

Looking to purchase a sectional for our home. We would like to have more seating and this seems the way for us to go. Anyway... we stopped at Ashley Furniture store. Wondering if any of you have purchased from them. Are you pleased with your choice? How is it holding up?

There seems to be many of these stores popping up around us, so I was concerned about quality.

Thanks in advance

Tanya

The furniture is nice but their store management is AWFUL. There are a lot of beauracratic levels, worse than a car dealership. I will never purchase from them again. Fortunately, I have a Pottery Barn outlet close by.

We bought a 3 section office desk wall unit, and it took them three months to deliver 2 units, and one of the glass doors was broke, they took that back with them and said they would be back in a week. Needless to say, 10 months later 2 units were still not delivered. Someone called one day out of the clear blue wanting to know if we were satisfied (after going in circles with them for 10 months) and I said no, that it had been 10 months and that we still didn't have all our stuff. I told them while I had them on the phone could they give me a persons name as a contact person for my attorney to contact over this matter. The lady said "I'll call you back" and 10 minutes later a manager called and said that the merchandise had been sitting in the warehouse for weeks and didn't know why it hadn't been delivered especially since we pd in full up front. DUH??? I told him I was seeking legal assistance on the matter ......low and behold within 24 hrs all pieces were set up in my home!~

I'll never buy from them again:banghead:

:iagree:

I'm going to dissent here. I think their sofa quality is carp. The fabrics seem ok, but the frames give more than I like and they all seem so light. I like a heavy framed sofa, and Ashley just seemed like toy furniture to me.

We have an Ashley clearance warehouse here. Dh and I went to check it out. Their stuff isn't any better quality than what you'd get at Walmart, and it is way more expensive. Even the discounted, scratched stuff was more than what other furniture stores charge for better quality, non-damaged furniture. I would never buy from Ashley.

Ashley quality is quite poor. You're better off buying quality furniture off of Ebay, Craigslist, or at a large discount from one of the North Carolina dealers, like http://www.boyles.com/, http://www.lexfurniture.com/, or http://www.basista.com/. All three are known for excellent customer service.

Once you pick out what you want, you call them to get a quote (you can often bid them against each other too). I have gotten quotes far below my local furniture stores, including shipping, even when the locals have their so-called "50% off" sales.

My DH, who is in furniture sales, would never buy Ashley. As someone else said, you get what you pay for.

I love our Ashely's furniture, but we have only had it three years.

We have a bi-cast leather pull-out sofa, love seat and storage ottoman in our game room. We have neighbors/ friends over so the game room gets heavy use. The pull-out works great and sofa looks brand new.

We also have a master bedroom sleigh bed and dresser. I use my dresser everyday and it works great, no problems. I love our bed. The headboard is upholstered leather and it is the most comfortable headboard to lean against for reading.

I know others have mentioned concerns about their quality, but I haven't had any concerns with the items that we bought. On the other hand we bought these pieces when our kids were early elementary age and I really didn't want top quality furniture in our game room where it could get trashed.

However, don't get me started on Broyhill. The leg on our sofa bent after only 2 years. Ugh!

About a year ago, the local Ashley's store went out of business. There were some very unhappy customers. Folks who'd paid for furniture that was on order got neither furniture nor money back. Turns out that the local stores are all independently owned. The store owed money to the company and no furniture was being shipped to fulfill orders made and paid for.

All that customers were offered was store credit to use on items on hand before it was all auctioned off.

My general opinion on furniture is that much of what is sold is very cheaply made, with little expectation that it will last more than a couple years.