Menu

Shoes for 11 yo who is growing out of his 6.5's. Where have you

MJN

We just had this problem! I bought my ds a woman's sneaker. You really couldn't tell the difference. Dress shoes were more difficult, but we were able to find something from Land's End at Sears on sale. I think we bought them a little big though.

Have you noticed the price difference too??? My oldest is now in an 8.5 mens shoe. When we go look for dressy shoes at Kohls, they want $60 at least for them! Ack! Can we shrink their feet a bit???

I found the dress shoes at Goodwill for $3.99. They actually had 3 different pairs to choose from. I got the tennis shoes at Kohl's. Not every size was available in a 7 but we easily found at least 6 different styles to choose from. Between the bake to school sales and the Extra 30% off with my Kohl's card, none of them would have been over $30.

Stephanie

I would suggest getting his foot measured. If his toes are already at the end of the 6.5 a 7 will not provide much growing room. I worked at a shoe store and it wasn't uncommon to have a boy just from 6.5 to 8 or 8.5. Dress shoes are a little trickier than tennis shoes though, so if you need them then you might have to hunt for the 7.

found a 7 in a man's size? I'm beginning to think this is going to be VERY hard to find. They seem to be NON-EXISTANT! Is this the what you've found to be true? I'm looking for dress and tennis shoes for the fall, btw.

Honestly, I'd skip the size 7. At that age, both my boys' feet grew at lightning speed. Is it possible to jump to a size 8? You will have more options and possibly a little more time before buying the next pair.

Oh, do NOT GET ME STARTED on this!!!!! This drives me crazy!!! I have asked several shoe stores why I can never find a 6 and they say, "They don't make that many of them. They sell out as soon as we get them in." This just does not make sense to me. WHY don't they order more?!?!

Can you tell that I am having a hard time shoeing my boy these days?! :glare:

My son is 10 and in a size 9 men's shoe. He was 7 when he grew out of the boy's shoes. We had the same problem -- Espeically since the width of his foot just didn't match up with the length LOL

We had the best luck at Sears. They had a great selection of 7's and styles that were narrower than most. Also, they have good sales on their shoes. And like someone mentioned above, he's worn womens shoes but I hid that fact from him!!

7 and 7.5 are near impossible to find.

My DS#2 is currently in a 7.5 which is the same size my father wore.Dad had to special order most of his shoes.

I found one pair of tennis shoies 7.5's for DS and he is wearing women's crocs. (Much to Dh's horror) I hope his foot grows soon. 6.5 is too small and 8's are way too big.