Menu

books published 2015?

I'm waiting for one.  Harper Lee's second novel. :)

I did read Teach Like A Champion 2.0.  I found the original edition to be more to my liking, but both take more than 1-2 sittings to get through.  A lot of great techniques in there adaptable to a home environment, so it's a huge bite to chew.

Our library hasn't had much to hold my attention in their New Books section.  I've got one out currently on the Atocha shipwreck and it's okay.  Not bad, not good.  And one from Meg Cabot since the Princess Diaries have always been a guilty pleasure of mine and I was thrilled to find a new one. :)

Well, it's only been 6 months so far.  There's another Michael Vey book and the first of Rick Riordan's Norse gods series.  There's even Diary of a Wimpy Kid in Latin.  But none of those are out yet.  A lot of the books I look forward to seem to come out summer or later in the year.  Shannon Hale's third Princess Academy book, The Forgotten Sisters, came out in March.  It was excellent.

• Like 1

I've read a lot of 2014 books, but the only things I've finished from 2105 were The End of College: Creating the Future of Learning and the University of Everywhere by Kevin Carey.  Definitely a worthwhile read, especially for homeschoolers; and Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Harari, which was a fantastic book that I highly recommend.

Working on SWB's Story of Science . . . 

I'll look for some of these, thank you!

Our family is (collectively) doing the 2015 Reading Challenge together, and one item is "a book published this year." Though, now that I think about it, I guess that could be read to mean "a book published in the last 12 months" as opposed to "a book published in 2015" - that would open things up a great deal more, huh?

If you have good ones, keep sharing! (I'm a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan and read her new one, but - eh, it didn't make the cut for me. I also read mostly non-fiction, personally, so I need to branch out a little more.)

http://www.popsugar.com/love/Reading-Challenge-2015-36071458

I'll look for some of these, thank you!

Our family is (collectively) doing the 2015 Reading Challenge together, and one item is "a book published this year." Though, now that I think about it, I guess that could be read to mean "a book published in the last 12 months" as opposed to "a book published in 2015" - that would open things up a great deal more, huh?

If you have good ones, keep sharing! (I'm a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan and read her new one, but - eh, it didn't make the cut for me. I also read mostly non-fiction, personally, so I need to branch out a little more.)

http://www.popsugar.com/love/Reading-Challenge-2015-36071458

I used Princess Academy: The Forgotten Sisters for that category :)

Where are the responses? Do people here only read old stuff? Was nothing decent published in 2015? :)

Good luck OP. Hope someone posts something interesting. I'm curious too.

I don't tend to read stuff with an eye for when it was published. Unless I was desperately awaiting a book's publishing date, I may not even realize if it was published this year or last. (I am eagerly awaiting the next Safehold book by David Weber. But that isn't due out until October)

I'm currently reading SAlt by Helen Frost. I know its pretty new and its really good.