Menu

give me your best disney tips if going for several days in june

lynn

Probably not that helpful but....

Buy rain ponchos at the dollar store.  Expect afternoon showers each and every day.  Won't last long. :)

Beware of people in matching t-shirts.  The summer is the time for massive groups from South America.  Do not let one colored t-shirt person in front of you, or else they'll all get in front.

Go early in the day... and then later in the day.  Go to the popular rides first thing, before the crowds arrive.

• Like 2

Be there right at rope drop. You can usually get in several rides before the big crowds arrive. We usually head back to our hotel during the afternoon to rest. It is the hottest and most crowded of the day. Then we return later in the day refreshed and are able to stay later at night. My daughter worked at Disney last spring for the college program. When she gets home later I will ask her for more tips. Have fun! We love Disney.

• Like 1

Figure out the fast pass stuff. Get the app on your phone set up in advance so you can get wait times and do reservations.

We did Disney world in June last year and it really wasn't that bad. Eat at off times if you can.

• Like 1

Disneyland or World? 

If you can stay in a hotel that gives you early admission and it's in your budget, do it. 

Wear a backpack and bring snacks and water. Eat while you're in line. You can buy food and eat it in line, too. 

Figure out ahead of time what few things you REALLY want to do and accept that you won't be able to do everything. 

If you're feeling worn out, take a break! Find a shady spot in the grass to rest for 15 minutes. It's way more fun to miss a few things but feel good than to get cranky trying to cram it all in. 

Get a spot for the parade really early if you want to see it. We've eaten while waiting for the parade many times. 

Enjoy your trip!

Buy those fan spritzer water things and fill with mostly ice with some water. Bring extra batteries. Have the kids wear swimsuits so they can jump into water splash areas easily. Magic kingdom has an indoor a/c play area at dumbo ride. Eat ice. Stay in the shade. Wear hats. Bring sunscreen. Consider a water park day if you'll be there long enough. Get there early, maybe spend a late lunch inside as/c restaurant when it's super hot after 1/2 pm. As for afternoon rain: instead of ponchos consider standing outside in the rain to cool off. :)

We just got back from WDW. Plan your fast passes ahead of time and get there at opening. We got there at opening and had 5 min waits for rides. It started getting hot at about 1, so we went back to the hotel until about 6 and then went back for fireworks and more rides after the fireworks when the crowds were lighter.

I would say do Early Morning Magic Hours. Most people do not want to get up that early and you can really make great time on the rides, walking on practically. Late Evening Magic Hours I would avoid, almost everyone takes advantage of them Check out Undercover Tourist for the best days to visit what parks. My family likes to get their early and tour, eat breakfast at our hotel room mostly, a counter service lunch and then dinner at a table service around 5 "ish" or 6 "ish" and then head back to the hotel and enjoy the pool and go to bed at a decent time. We are down to an 11 year old girl with strength issues. When we had teens they went from close to open, we were younger too! When they were mid and older teens (four of them), we would allow them to ride the buses together, we were on site. You will not get to see and do EVERYTHING, so just relax and do what you can do and save the rest for the next time!