Menu

What Veggies for Dinner?

I am drawing a blank for veggies to fix for dinner. I am not feeling creative at all.

The meat is italian sausage lentil meatballs.

Roasted broccoli with garlic

Wilted spinach the sautéed mushrooms and garlic

Peppers and carmelized onions.

Roasted eggplant

Stuffed mushrooms.

I don't prefer hot vegetables in summer. I do lots of salads. But...

Roasted broccoli with lemon, pine nuts, and parm?

Zucchini, sautéed or roasted

Sautéed arugula with a squeeze of lemon? I throw in a drained can of chickpeas and parm sometimes.

I don't prefer hot vegetables in summer. I do lots of salads. But...

Roasted broccoli with lemon, pine nuts, and parm?

Zucchini, sautéed or roasted

Sautéed arugula with a squeeze of lemon? I throw in a drained can of chickpeas and parm sometimes.

It is still nippy here, in fact we had soup yesterday.

I understand no wanting hot veggies when it is hot.

Massaged kale salad - lots of different kinds out there, but you can always go for quick and dirty with your favorite dressing. I prefer to massage my kale with the dressing instead of salt or extra oil.

Off the top of my head, massaged kale salad with-

*italian dressing with english cucmber and little grape tomatoes

*waldorf inspired with apples, grapes, and toasted walnuts

*fennel, orange, and olive - http://veganyackattack.com/2014/01/14/kale-salad-choosing-raw/

*ceasar with crunchy croutons

Massaged kale salad - lots of different kinds out there, but you can always go for quick and dirty with your favorite dressing. I prefer to massage my kale with the dressing instead of salt or extra oil.

mamaraby, i like to think I'm as hippy vegan as they come but i refuse to massage my kale with anything :laugh:

• Like 1

Ended up being invited for taco salad with my mom and grandma so this will become what veggies to have tomorrow. ;)

I did make the meatballs and they turned out really well. Closer to OMG good!

I had 3/4 a pound of pork italian sausage in the fridge. I cooked up 1 cup dry lentils. Combined in a food processor with additional italian seasoning and two small eggs. Blended until smooth, formed balls and pan fried them. Baking is an option but the last time I baked meatballs I over did it and they were dry.

They freeze well.

• Like 1

mamaraby, i like to think I'm as hippy vegan as they come but i refuse to massage my kale with anything :laugh:

It's rather mainstream thing so I don't think it's hippy at all. I can get a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise eat kale to eat it that way. Works with collard greens, too. Plus my kids will eat it that way. Sorry if that's something that doesn't appeal to you. It was just a suggestion. I don't get the derision.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how it would work with meatballs but lately I've been cooking a lot of sweet potato fries. I drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle lots of paprika over them and then sprinkle a mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. They are delicious! We used to do baked sweet potatoes frequently but this is now my family's preferred way to eat them.

It's rather mainstream thing so I don't think it's hippy at all. I can get a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise eat kale to eat it that way. Works with collard greens, too. Plus my kids will eat it that way. Sorry if that's something that doesn't appeal to you. It was just a suggestion. I don't get the derision.

oh mamaraby - no, it wasn't derision. 

it's that for some of us loathing to cook/uber-UNfoodies, massaging anything except a body is hilarious. I'll massage my dh, my kids and my dog, not my veggies.  As a culinary term, it just makes me giggle....