Menu

Has any of our kilt loving members read this BOO yet?

Tohru

I do think it is kind of stupid. My question is...did it meet the skirt/dress length required by girls? If not, then they had the right to make him change. If it DID meet the length requirements, then yeah, they were stupid. Kilts are cool.

I don't think this group would count skirt length as a unisex rule. But if we're talking about amount of skin shown, that date's strapless dress would not have passed muster with our most conservative local hs group. I feel bad for the kid, he's obviously dressed traditionally, not rebelliously. And he looks quite dashing!

I wonder if he had any idea it might be a problem for the powers that be in that group?

Wrong call on this for sure.

• Like 1

Sometimes we just let it go. He even has the red hair to go with his Scottish heritage and it's a sweet sentiment for his grandpa. The organizers need to get out more---like see Sean Connery online or something.

Yeah, he's clearly dresses formally and modestly and he even had a good family reason for wanting to wear it! This is disappointing to hear, now I know which homeschool group to avoid when we move to NC ;)

• Like 1

WTactualF? Is no one there aware of the heritage of a kilt? I am appalled, where were the history experts? Praise Prom - judgmental prom sounds more like it. 

What a cool way to honor a grandparent. 

I think it was somewhere in St. Louis that had a similar issue a few years ago. I think it was a public or private school though. 

• Like 1