Menu

Classical Academic Press made my day ...

Last week I discovered that a CAP product we had was unusable. I had purchased it two years ago, but hadn't yet tried this particular item out ... until last week. It's a major component of one of my daughter's absolute favourite programs, so I was pretty disappointed to realize we couldn't use it.

I sent CAP an email asking if there was anything I could do to replace the defective item, not really expecting much. But ... within 24 hours, I had an email apologizing for the situation and offering to send me a replacement! And today that wonderful replacement arrived all the way here in Canada!

I love it that they have such amazing customer service. We have used and enjoyed so many of their programs already and am so glad to know that there are good people behind these terrific products.

Just had to share this with *someone* ... DH can only listen to this so many times! 

• Like 23

They provided our family with excellent customer service, too - above and beyond.

We bought (and used) Song School Latin DVD's, and DS9's reward for getting all the way through the book was to be able to re-watch lessons 1-30, all in one day (I know, I know . . . :lol: ) - well, he broke the DVD on Lesson 30! I didn't want to replace the entire thing, but he was devastated, so I called them, and they sent me a replacement disc right away for something like $5.

Made my day, and my kids' day, and I pointed out to them the good lesson on customer service. :)

• Like 2

I love companies with great customer service & I think people should always shout from the rooftops when they receive great service. Spread the word!

Memoria Press once replaced a cracked-but-still-usable DVD for me. They offered to replace it for free, but since I bought the set used, I asked to pay their normal replacement fee for the one DVD:  only $3!

• Like 1

Love to hear stories of great customer service. :)

Here's mine:

Frustrated with the poor long division lessons in Right Start E, I emailed the company late last week.

They replied to my email and called me, asking about why the lessons were confusing and unhelpful and what would help etc.

Not many publishers react that way. I will be calling them back early next week to explain why my non-mathy brain cannot figure out their lessons and why the ones on Khan and MM are better. ;)

• Like 2

I have called Classical Academic Press and had amazing customer service as well.  And the customer service representative checked back in with me after as well.  Excellent customer service really does mean a lot in todays retail environment.

• Like 1

I have had three companies go above and beyond in their customer service.

Rainbow Resource accidentally sent me the wrong level of a workbook I had ordered. When I notified them of the mistake they told me to keep the one they had sent me and sent me the correct one at no additional charge.

Memoria Press has twice sent me replacement materials at no charge. The first time was when I was using LC with my eldest; when we reached one of the later DVD's (probably nine months after I had purchased the set) it would not play through any of the lessons due to a formatting issue. MP sent me a replacement DVD for free. Then last year, when my middle child was in LC, the spine of her workbook hadn't been glued properly and several months into the school year the pages were all falling out of her book. I had used enough MP products by that point to know that it wasn't normal for their workbooks, so I contacted them and asked if there was a known issue with the LC workbooks and they replied that there wasn't, and they sent me another workbook free of charge. The second one didn't fall apart, BTW.

Classical Academic Press hasn't had to replace any of my materials, but they are very responsive to questions from customers. I noticed that part of the last lesson in W&R3 appeared to be missing in the student book and Christine Perrin herself emailed me back to confirm that the lesson was incomplete as written in the student book and she would look into the problem herself and see if all the student books were printed without the full lesson.

• Like 2