• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

OK - I'm going to have a mini meltdown here.  I've been dealing with stuff possibly related to kidney stones for months now.  I have talked to two doctors about this so I'm not keeping it a secret.  One doc put me on a med. designed to help flush out kidney stones.  This got better at the end of last week.  And now today I'm in pain and my urine is dark.  (TMI, sorry).  So. . . I think I'm going to have to call my primary and see what he says.  

And ds has been sick for a month now and it isn't getting any better.  So I need to call regarding him as well.

I'm behind on paying the bills.  And I'm behind in laundry.  And the refrigerator needs to be cleaned out.  And then there's stuff like pet care and cooking and school and. . .    (The kids do help around here but I still have to coordinate everything.)

So. . .  I can't call the doctor yet and I don't know what my schedule is going to be, because I don't know what he's going to say that I should do.

• Like 2

So the water pump is out in ds20's truck so he took my vehicle to work. He had to go in early and work til 10 tonight for some reason. So now I can't go to the homeschool library Easter thing. I'm not disappointed, and the twins are happy to have an egg hunt here with dd16 and her friend. So yay!!!! But now the friend from the former church is stopping by. (For an explanation, I'm sure) So there ya go.

I hope you feel better soon, Junie. Maybe it's a 24 hour thing.

• Like 6

So the water pump is out in ds20's truck so he took my vehicle to work. He had to go in early and work til 10 tonight for some reason. So now I can't go to the homeschool library Easter thing. I'm not disappointed, and the twins are happy to have an egg hunt here with dd16 and her friend. So yay!!!! But now the friend from the former church is stopping by. (For an explanation, I'm sure) So there ya go.

I hope you feel better soon, Junie. Maybe it's a 24 hour thing.

Probably not.  This is how I usually feel when I've had cross-contamination.  The first time it happened it lasted for 3 weeks. :crying:  Since then, I've learned how to take care of it.  Liquid diet for several days.  My body needs time to heal before it can handle solid food.

This happens once every few months.  This might be the first time this year.

• Like 1

OK - I'm going to have a mini meltdown here.  I've been dealing with stuff possibly related to kidney stones for months now.  I have talked to two doctors about this so I'm not keeping it a secret.  One doc put me on a med. designed to help flush out kidney stones.  This got better at the end of last week.  And now today I'm in pain and my urine is dark.  (TMI, sorry).  So. . . I think I'm going to have to call my primary and see what he says.  

And ds has been sick for a month now and it isn't getting any better.  So I need to call regarding him as well.

I'm behind on paying the bills.  And I'm behind in laundry.  And the refrigerator needs to be cleaned out.  And then there's stuff like pet care and cooking and school and. . .    (The kids do help around here but I still have to coordinate everything.)

So. . .  I can't call the doctor yet and I don't know what my schedule is going to be, because I don't know what he's going to say that I should do.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

((Jean)) 

I think if it were me, I'd pee in a mason jar, get in the car & be at the dr office when it opens with jar in hand saying "this needs fixing now" 

My kidney stone experience dragged out for many months & included a general anesthetic for stents, an epidural for more stents and finally lithotripsy. I'm so not ever wanting to do that again. It's awful so I really sympathize Jean! 

• Like 5

Ok, I am not happy. I take this herb supplement for mood swings and stuff due to perimenopause. Ever since I entered this "phase" I had horrible mood swings and irritability and then I started taking this supplement. It has helped like nothing else. It really is a miracle pill. It's a mixture of Black cohash and St. John's Wort and vitex and some other things. Well, Amazon says they can't get it, so I went directly to the company and it's out of stock. I even tried to get a few of the individual herbs and they are out of stock. I am not happy and a little scared. What if I can't get it anymore?

• Like 3

Man, everybody is having a bad day. :(

I'm knocking some of my projects out. Homeschooling cabinet is sorted. Paperwork has been dragged to the kitchen and I'm plowing through it. It helps that I have been blasting the best of Two Steps From Hell all morning long. It's a little easier to face Mount Papertower with epic music to keep you going.

• Like 5

:sad:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 2

OK - triage nurse said that I am to come in and pee at the lab (not a mason jar, Hornblower!) and I have an appt. with my primary.  As usual, my symptoms etc are not "normal" so I'm sort of dreading this.  I hate having to try to make people take me seriously.  Honestly, the last time I had this they did a scan just to humor me and then asked me why I wasn't writhing in pain.  Maybe it's because I"m used to pain.  Grr. 

OK - deep breath.  What do I need to do in order to get out the door in one hour? 

• Like 5

OK - triage nurse said that I am to come in and pee at the lab (not a mason jar, Hornblower!) and I have an appt. with my primary.  As usual, my symptoms etc are not "normal" so I'm sort of dreading this.  I hate having to try to make people take me seriously.  Honestly, the last time I had this they did a scan just to humor me and then asked me why I wasn't writhing in pain.  Maybe it's because I"m used to pain.  Grr. 

OK - deep breath.  What do I need to do in order to get out the door in one hour? 

Pants.

• Like 9

OK - triage nurse said that I am to come in and pee at the lab (not a mason jar, Hornblower!) 

but if you wave a mason jar of sludgy brown or reddish urine at people you get faster service! 

this may or may not be personal experience :P 

Good luck with the doc Jean! 

• Like 2

Pants.

And here things go from bad to worse.  I have one pair of clean pants.  One.  And I just discovered that they have a hole in the crotch.  I have to leave in 30 minutes.  There is a load of clothing in the washing machine but it would take an absolute miracle to have pants dry before I leave.  I really want to curl up and pull the covers over my head. 

(I only share this embarrassing truth here because I know that we are shielded from the entire internet.)  Honestly - I am a clean and neat person.  I do not go around with holes in the crotch.  Honest. 

• Like 6

(((Jean)))

Many hugs for my ITT friends.

My rash thing is getting worse. It is spreading. Dh looked at it with a magnifying glass. I tore up mine and dh's bed and the bed I slept on in ds's room. We found nothing remotely resembling bugs or their feces.

Critter, I treat my dog monthly for fleas without fail with a topical. I never miss even in winter. The cats got Revolution to kill ear mites a couple of months ago. They are 100% indoor and have not been around other animals in almost a year when they were last at the vet.

We got fleas from the vet once, but that was almost 2 years ago and we successfully rid the house and pets of them.

What is the chance we have fleas? We have had a very mild winter.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 1

I have two pairs of pants. I bought them at a yard sale for $1 each when the twins were about a year old. I have wore them everyday. Wash, wear, etc. I was in McDonald's sparkling lot when I discovered the hole in my crotch. Thankfully I had on a sweater I tied around my waist and carried on. My mom repaired it, and I continued wearing them. Now the hole in the crotch is worse and cannot be repaired. So I feel your pain.

:lol: I just reread this, and it is hysterical. :lol:

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 7

I have two pairs of pants. I bought them at a yard sale for $1 each when the twins were about a year old. I have wore them everyday. Wash, wear, etc. I was in McDonald's sparkling lot when I discovered the hole in my crotch. Thankfully I had on a sweater I tied around my waist and carried on. My mom repaired it, and I continued wearing them. Now the hole in the crotch is worse and cannot be repaired. So I feel your pain.

:lol: I just reread this, and it is hysterical. :lol:

I loved the part about the sparkling lot and I hoped you would keep it.   :laugh:

• Like 7

MIL was upset about the late fee. MIL & SIL are arguing and SIL is cashing in a small CD to pay her equipment off which should lower her bill by $70 or more. She will not pay a fee to the bank for this. It's a win win. Except for SIL who is currently in the room with cranky MIL. Seven states away from me.  :D

• Like 6

Every day we have "quiet time" from 2 until 4.  It isn't really quiet, but the dc are to be behind closed doors.  The important thing is that they leave me alone so I can take a nap or regroup.

Dd9 just came in and asked, "Can we start quiet time early today? We all want to."    :blink:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Ok in a BA ninja move I bundled dd and I out the door 20 minutes early and stopped by Target on the way to the big city. I went in and bought pants in less than 10 minutes. I didn't even have to use a bazooka. I've been to the lab and am now waiting for the doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thinking, Jean!

• Like 3

Ok in a BA ninja move I bundled dd and I out the door 20 minutes early and stopped by Target on the way to the big city. I went in and bought pants in less than 10 minutes. I didn't even have to use a bazooka. I've been to the lab and am now waiting for the doc.

This is very BA, Jean.  The Force is strong in you.

Tex, are you allergic to cats?  Or if the cat has been outside maybe it carried in pollen?   :(

ETA:  I would take some Benadryl and see if that helps.

No, both of the cats are indoor only.  I'm not really allergic to cats.  I will take a benadryl tonight, I think, if this is not a lot better.

If you are using prevention year around I seriously doubt you have a flea infestation that would result in you being covered in bites, Tex.

This is kind of my thought, as well.  Thanks!

• Like 4

Well, I guess I'm glad for you.

It would have been funner with a bazooka, though.

• Like 4

she did. It was very awkward.

Jean lives for this stuff.

Have you been outside more than usual? The chiggers are coming out in our area. Dd9 is covered with bites, especially on her stomach.

I have, actually.  Please send me (and Jean) a picture of dd's chigger bites. :lol:   These really seem like bites.  Some of them have a tiny little pustule in the middle.  

Now I know those of you who did not receive a phone text of my welted up pustule belleh are sad. :lol:

• Like 4

I'm not paying enough attention. Is this for your UTI?

No. I wish. I had to explain why we aren't going to the church we have attended for the last eight years. Sigh. Dh gets me into some big messes.

Eta: I think this is the worse BOOYA(h) yet.

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 3