• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

We are just on the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains.  The road up to our rental house is not for the faint of heart.  Yesterday we spent some time at UT Knoxville where dd18 is looking into their forestry program and then we cheered on dd26 and her friend who rain the Great Smoky Mountains 5k and then went for dinner and jamming at Rocky Branch Mountain Music.

This morning we cheered on dd and her friend as they finished the GSM half-marathon (hey y'all, whatcha runnin' from?!?) and now we are back at the house hanging out because it is still drizzling.  I feel like we should watch Deliverance, lol.  

All the streets around here are named after the novel Christy, because the movie (or was it a TV show?) was filmed here.  The real Cutter Gap is even more remote and difficult to get to.   

Coffee!

We went on vacation near the Great Smoky Mountains a few years ago and I had to make Dh drive pretty much the whole way.   All those hills, turns and drop-offs made me way too nervous.  And I'm not generally a nervous driver.  I'll drive in NYC.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Slache said:

Do they have a variety of chew toys? Like a basket of toys with different textures and focuses?

We have a few.  We avoid cloth or rope toys because those get chewed/destroyed/swallowed pretty quick.  The Kong brand is generally pretty durable.

15 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It's too hot for September.

It's 53 degrees here in the mountains!

• Like 1

Good morning!

We went on an alpine coaster yesterday.  It was pretty fun - the scooter car things had brakes so you can slow yourself down if needed, which I was glad for!  Once was enough for me so I gave my extra ticket to the kid who was in the car behind me.

It's a lovely area.  Very quiet.  We have to clean up and be outta here in an hour.

Coffee!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

We have a few.  We avoid cloth or rope toys because those get chewed/destroyed/swallowed pretty quick.  The Kong brand is generally pretty durable.

That's why pup is eating your house. Get the "indestructible" cloth toys. Also, bully sticks and puzzle toys.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

Green Tea!!

Sunday!!

Church!!

Hot!!!🥵🥵☀️☀️🔥🔥☀️☀️🔥🔥 (although only two more days of 100+ temps, then by mid week we are in the 80’s which is tolerable).  it was 90 degrees last night at 9:00 when Baby’s football game was over. She cheers and all the cheerleaders were just shiny with sweat.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slache said:

That's why pup is eating your house. Get the "indestructible" cloth toys. Also, bully sticks and puzzle toys.

Indestructible cloth toys don't exist.  The Pups are clever enough to find the weak spots and defeat them in a day or maybe two.  The good thing is that they are not eating the pillows or sofa or chairs or anything.  For now it seems to be mostly scissors. Little Pup is currently playing with a non-rope rope toy - I think it's called a Kong safestix.  They also love bully sticks and Himalayan yak cheese chews! 

I think Big Pup was eating papers because his ear is starting to hurt.  He has an appointment with the vet this week.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I do think Slachey is on to something in that the pups have toys but maybe they need more of a rotation of fun things.  

If all goes according to plan, when dd15 is done taking her quiz, I will head out to the health clinic and see they can help me figure out what is going on with my health insurance coverage and/or medicaid.

Other than that I need to do a good bit of reading and drinking water and also a good bit of not eating sugar.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good morning!

The girls have school work today and ultimate frisbee tonight and I have Bible study this morning and a vet appointment for Sir Pups-a-Lot this afternoon.

I had a successful day of water-drinking yesterday - about 85 ounces.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

Green Tea!!

Humph Day!!

Work and school and Wednesday Night Church. I hate Wednesdays. Too busy and I am completely spent at the end of the day.

Chilly morning out. Looks like the extreme heat is over for the season. It’s supposed to even be in the 70’s next week for a bit. I’m not complaining about that.

• Like 2

Good morning!

(((🇺🇸)))

I got all excited for a minute that I didn't have to go anywhere today and then remembered I have string quartet this afternoon.  Oh well.  It sounds like we are playing Death and the Maiden so that should be fun, lol.  I better listen to it some beforehand.  I start a new (zoom) mandolin class tonight so looking forward to that, too.

Dd18 took her first ACT practice test yesterday and did pretty well for a first go so she is encouraged (even with a math score that needs to improve significantly.)

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EdPo/Rant:

I do not know how people use R&S grade 1 (previous edition) successfully. Middle is not getting it and honestly, I'm struggling to understand why on earth I'd teach a child when to use the letter C vs K at the beginning of words when we're only on lesson 4. 

I already gave away our CLE, but I might just have to buy it again to try with Middle.

• Like 3

Good morning!

The girls left for tutorial and I am heading out the door to Aldi and Kroger.  I might go to Walmart instead of Kroger because I want a pliers and red tennis balls (for puppies).

There's a U-Haul in the driveway of the house that was (formerly?) an airBnB but I can't tell if they are moving stuff out or moving stuff in.

Residual rain from Lil' Hurricane Francine should be arriving today.  I would appreciate it if she would move on quickly so that we are not swamped this weekend when we are in Alabama.

Coffee!

• Like 2