Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

My dream drive is….well, I have 2.

1) Fly to Duluth. Rent a car. Drive around the Great Lakes to Buffalo. Fly home

2) Take a road trip on I-10 from Santa Monica, CA to Jacksonville, FL.

1)  I LOVE MY LIPS!

2) I'll do both of those with you.

It's a Road Trip Booyah!   

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT  
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT    
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So the real reason I came here was to inform you all that the girls talked with a Great Horned Owl tonight!  They were sawing stuff in the garage and heard it and so they started hooting back at it and they said they all had a nice little talk and then the owl probably left to go hunt for his dinner.

Or deliver mail to an exclusive private school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Junie said:

Or deliver mail to an exclusive private school.

Shhhh...don't want to make the muggles suspicious! 😁

7 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Where is Jean? Can't still be at camp?

13 minutes ago, Renai said:

No, she's been back from camp for a couple of weeks or so. She's back on her daily walks with Juliet.

Also in major decluttering mode and making progress on her Giant Gravel Pile of Doom.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Good morning!

I am trying to wrap my head around the plan for today.  I need to possibly make 2 phone calls.  Or at least one.  Also go to the store to buy wrapping paper that is appropriate for a wedding shower because all I have at home is Christmas themed.      

The people of the car ds18 ran into the other day have not reported anything to their insurance yet and I am wondering why.   

The girls have a busy day today of lessons and also have to pack for a weekend scout camp.  I am driving them and a couple fellow scouts there this afternoon and someone else has volunteered to bring them home on Sunday since I will be in The City Which Must Not Be Named.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Morning, Happy Friday!

My first week back at classes is done.   A few oddities, a few parents that may be an issue but for the most part things went very well.    

I'm off today and for some reason a 4 day week feels a LOT shorter than a 5 day week.  I only taught one class on Fridays last year but despite teaching 4 classes a day this year instead of 3 most day, the week feels so much shorter and more manageable.   So, that's a good sign for the year ahead.

Today I'm working around home.  I need to unpack from our trip, do laundry, clean up.  I also ordered 3 chromebooks that I need to pick up for classes but I might wait and get them tomorrow when I'm heading into work to do some stuff there.  If I don't leave the house today, I'm more likely to get things done.

• Like 6

My doom... I semi organized a cabinet and my laundry room last night. My ds (s) made a mess of my catch-all cabinet in my laundry room shortly after I organized it this summer. So, mostly redone now. Hopefully, it stays that way. When I have a long visitor, I feel like they will see inside every cabinet so all need to be organized. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I think we'll take 2 days off school before arrival so I can deep clean everything. Ugh again. I don't have time to get behind.

I am ordering a new duvet. 2nd dye color again was bad and I hate the chemicals. Also I think all the treatments and washing made the fabric not as lovely. They don't explain the smell in the youtube videos. At least I tried it and now know that dyeing is not for me. I don't wanna dye!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got an email last night informing us that the girls' beloved Spanish teacher at their tutorial will not be teaching there any more.  Like, starting now.  They are massively sad.  The tutorial is on a 2 week break and they expect to have another teacher in place by the time they return to classes, but boy, that's a tough one.  😭

• Sad 6

Speaking of cars, I got an email from my insurance agency informing me that my former insurance provider has declined to renew our coverage (November).  I feel so rejected.  Their best option for us looks like rates will go up $100 per month, and my newest driver isn't even listed yet.  Fortunately, three of the four cars and drivers will be leaving my policy in the next four months, so hopefully that will dramatically decrease the cost.  Except I'll need to add another car.  Could be a wash.

Who has the cranky pants with dragon scales and chocolate-dispensing pockets?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Also go to the store to buy wrapping paper that is appropriate for a wedding shower because all I have at home is Christmas themed.

We have this problem every time we need to wrap something non-Christmassy. One year our solution was to buy a huge roll of red and green Scottish plaid paper. It wouldn't have worked for a wedding shower, but it covered pretty much every other occasion. 😊

13 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I am ordering a new duvet. 2nd dye color again was bad and I hate the chemicals. Also I think all the treatments and washing made the fabric not as lovely. They don't explain the smell in the youtube videos. At least I tried it and now know that dyeing is not for me. I don't wanna dye!

What color did you get?

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Who has the cranky pants with dragon scales and chocolate-dispensing pockets?

If you find them, would you mind dispensing some chocolate this way? It might help me finally kick this headache.

Edited by caayenne
  • Like 4

I've been on the computer for most of the day, and my eyes are so tired! I did take one break to drive and pick up DS18 from college. 

But I got both class discussion forums up and running, and I now have a bunch of happy teen writers writing their intros and welcoming new students. Quite a few of them have Hobbit characters as their profile pictures—I'm pretty sure we have all thirteen dwarves plus Bilbo and Gandalf! 😂

I'll be at musical theater practice for almost seven hours tomorrow, so that will force me to take an extended break from my laptop. I love working from home, but I'm not very good at remembering to take breaks. I did remember to eat lunch today! 🙃

Edited by caayenne
  • Like 3

Good morning!

It's raining!!  Heard some thunder earlier.  Not great for those on the campout but they are prepared like good scouts, lol.  Hopefully the tent doesn't leak.  I meant to put some waterproofing spray on it but forgot.

In a little bit I will drive dd20 to work and then stop at the bakery to buy some flowers and then get ready to drive down to The City That Must Not Be Named for the wedding shower.  I'm staying overnight with dd25 and then will drive back home probably early afternoon tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Morning, Happy Saturday.

Running to Best Buy to pick up chromebooks and a small tv for one classroom, then work to take apart last weeks stuff and gather this week's stuff. 

It's supposed to be 75 or lower all next week so I do feel fall is coming.  Today is in the 60's so far and nice and breezy so all the windows in the house are open.

I did finish the laundry (including putting it away!) and unpacking yesterday.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon!

Happy Saturday!

Busy weekend helping to decorate the church for an event. And I accidentally ended up on the decorating team since they discovered I have some artistic skills that I didn't know that I had. :)

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Happy weekend.

A fellow from the Toyota dealership has called and left messages T W I C E since we got home with the new car, asking if we might be interested in buying a new car from them. I feel like calling and offering to tutor these people in using software.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Happy Saturday! 

I'm home from two long musical theater rehearsals, and I'm definitely ready for a break from children for awhile. (Except my own, of course! ❤️) Both groups made good progress today—the teens have the five big production numbers learned and choreographed, and the younger kids have learned and choreographed two and know the music on three more. But goodness, those littles are squirrelly! 😅

I checked on the writing forums just now, and the students are all happily chatting, so all is well there. I'm genuinely excited about this class—it's so fun to meet all the new students, and I love reading all their stories!

DH and I are heading out the door to take a long walk, as the rain finally cleared out and it's only 82 degrees. It's not fall yet, but it's coming! 🍁😊

Edited by caayenne
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

They were too bright. Or something. I don't know. Both teams' uniforms were hideous.

TCU and Houston were much better.

I remember turning off a football game one time because the uniforms were making my sister feel sick.  It was a long time ago, but I think it was Eagles and Jets.  So, one team wearing white and green, one team wearing green and white... on a green and white field.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Watching College sportsball. Started watching Pitt vs. W. Virginia, but their uniforms were so horrible that I switched to Houston vs. TCU.

6 minutes ago, Junie said:

I remember turning off a football game one time because the uniforms were making my sister feel sick.  It was a long time ago, but I think it was Eagles and Jets.  So, one team wearing white and green, one team wearing green and white... on a green and white field.  

I remember this happening at one World Cup game. I can't remember who was playing, but one was red and green and the other was green and red - a nightmare for those color blind folks...

The world football group made a rule after that to keep something like that from happening again. 

Today was the Renaissance Fair at the living history museum. Now, this museum is on over 200 acres, so not your average museum. The place was PACKED. Today was sold out. I remember when it first started 15 years ago; we missed that one, but have been every year since, except a couple of years here or there. It's grown a lot, and so much fun! We dress up, too. Well, me and the girls do. I'm just realizing we missed seeing the unicorn this year. It's a REAL one!

Tomorrow we're going back out, but to work. The BSA girl's troop is going to help with parking in the afternoon. They'll get free tickets. Which doesn't matter to us because we have a membership and get in free all year... Did I mention that Gymnast and I both have "jobs" with BSA? She's quartermaster, and I'm recruitment coordinator. I specifically asked what did NOT require much paperwork et al, because I'm ADHD, perimenopausal, and a teacher with a foot-high stack of papers to grade. 

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!!

Sportsball!!

We went to Baby’s football game last night. She doesn’t play, she cheers for a city league team. She does really well. She’s got good form. The football team is good, too. We actually really enjoy going. They have good ball handling skills and pretty much clobber every team they play.

• Like 4

Good evening!

I'm pooped.  The Honda Fit is not so comfortable for the back on long trips.  But it gets pretty good gas milage.  It was fun to spend time with dd25 and go to the shower that her co-workers gave her.  They were all really nice and it was fun.  I got a little tour of her fiancee's house which is tiny but really cute and a good size for them.  And it's in a bit safer area of the city. 

Tomorrow I will have to spend some time dealing with the fender bender but for tonight imma just veg a bit and maybe watch some mindless Netflix.

Coffee!  Not this late!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I would prefer to bury my head in the sand, but hopefully the coffee will kick in soon.  Lots of little things that need to be taken care of today.  And then music lessons, about 15 minutes of choir, then a meeting with dd17's Okpik crew (snow camping near Canada in January) then if I can sneak out of that meeting early, the monthly ukulele play and sing.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning!

I woke up much too early.  Brain wouldn't shut up.  So I wasted some time looking at possible replacement vehicles.  Used cars are expensive but not as expensive as new ones.

Today should be fairly quiet.  I'm trying a new thing for dinner - sheet pan quesadillas.  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5