Menu

Ignore this thread!

I ate an apple and fish and chips.

I want to take a break from my mom but I don't know how because John's birthday is in 2 weeks, I owe her money, and I'm afraid if I stop talking to her she'll kill herself. If we stop talking now she won't get John or I a birthday gift or anyone Christmas gifts and she would carry that guilt for the rest of her life. She wouldn't come to the hospital when Mary was born because I admitted online that I grew up poor and one of her friends saw it. I had to show up at her house without calling right before she moved or she never would have seen Mary and it would have haunted her like crazy. I don't know how to balance this right now. It's such a terrible time. She's more depressed than she's been in years.

If she kills herself it won't be your fault.

No.

Matter.

What.

Nobody kills themselves because of other people. It's always from the inside.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Okay, I have liked a bunch of posts which makes me feel I have responded to them when I really haven't.

Renai, I'm still worried about you not having effective meds.  Also, I have not seen you report your blood pressure numbers to our resident doctors here.  Please stay on top of that.

Slache, I'm so sorry you're going through this with your mom. 

Ikslo, I want to see the magazine!

Tsuga, yay for honoring your ex-in laws so kindly and gently.  That had to be hard. 

• Like 7

Sleep report:  Did the same thing and got the same results, except wore ear plugs because of Snory McBedshaker.  Slept from 11 -7.  Ear plugs hurt my ears.  What's up with that?  I'm probably doing it wrong.

The Boundaries book - yes, it's worth it.  PM me your address, and I will send one via Amazon prime.  You have to read it repeatedly, though.  It takes awhile for the messages to sink in. 

Need to call and make an appt with the doc today but don't wanna because I think she's going to tell me that my numbers don't rate thyroid replacement even though I have symptoms.  

• Like 2

The Boundaries book - yes, it's worth it. PM me your address, and I will send one via Amazon prime. You have to read it repeatedly, though. It takes awhile for the messages to sink in.

That's very sweet, but I can get it. I want it on kindle because dyslexic.

• Like 1

Speaking of boundaries. My exh is a flipping moron and he will no longer have visitation during the school year unless his place of abode is within The school district. Because it is too hard for him to wrap his head around traffic.

Him: "Can you believe the traffic at 8 am???"

Me: well, you're out driving kids to school. What do you think other people are doing?"

Him: "I don't know!"

Insert banging head against brick wall smiley here.

• Like 2

Speaking of boundaries. My exh is a flipping moron and he will no longer have visitation during the school year unless his place of abode is within The school district. Because it is too hard for him to wrap his head around traffic.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

It's a good thing. Not that my little one missed school and they are both exhausted or anything. Whatever. They will survive. I just think he could get a cheap ass room in this zip code. Multiple times I have offered to pay with the child support money so they could stay closer. "No, no, we're fine." Driving 1.5 hours to school is not fine!

• Like 3

From the forum guiedlines:

A note about posting We want you to carry on all sorts of conversations on this board. Please do remember, though, that we are hosting it (and it does cost money) as a support forum for home educators. Megalong threads with little content cost us bandwidth and extra money. And so far as we can tell, they DO throw the server for a loop more often than shorter threads. So please don't start threads whose topic is post-for-the-sake-of-posting.

• Like 2

Okay but I'm just noticing the length. Anyway, back to my ex husband. There are far worse people out there. My kids have a dad who loves them and cares even if his way of relating to people is messed up. I shouldn't complain. But poor me.

• Like 3