• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Yup.  It doesn't have to be life-threatening to impact your life.  Some of DS's allergies (confirmed with blood work and not "insensitivities"), even though they could become more severe with no warning, manifest in ways that just make life really sucky if he consumes them - not necessarily anaphylaxis.  Puking, diarrhea, irritability, mood swings, rashes.  And one of his insensitivities (citric acid) manifests as psoriasis on his scalp, which we have to attack with medicine.  I always know when he sneaks dum-dums from the library. 

I think the food everywhere thing is a big reason why DS doesn't want to play sports.  It's definitely a big reason why we homeschool.  Even when we go to the park to play, everyone has food these days.  My goodness, the amount of people who bring PIZZA (I've even seen people have it delivered!) to our park astounds me.  Can't go anywhere without food. 

Youngest has a bunch too. She also gets eczema in her scalp. I had never heard of it before until I started connecting the dots. She also has a citrus allergy (manifested as a horrible blistering rash that kept spreading when she was still in diapers). I was thinking the eczema in the scalp was happening when she had dairy though. I don't know. I just know her hair falls out on that side.

• Like 1

I think I want an exercise bike or treadmill. Opinions? This is based on the fact that I can't really get out much and I'm tired of videos. I could easily fit 15 minutes of jogging in where I could not fit a 45 minute workout video in. I want a treadmill more, but a bike would be cheaper. Unfortunately I can afford neither until after the holidays. We usually buy something to further our health with the tax return. Last year was weights, one year was our first attempt at once a (3) month cooking to prevent us from eating out. This year we were planning on a Whole90, because that was more expensive than we thought it would be and we couldn't afford to continue as long as I wanted, but I might want a treadmill instead. Whacha think?

I want a bike. Because knees. But I probably can't. Because space.

• Like 2

You know Lynn, if you had done the 100 push ups challenge when I told you to you would probably be able to do 100 push ups by now. And you'd have defined arms. And perkier boobies.

Hey, that's private.

My like was

To indicate empathy. I love food and celebratory food, can't stand the all-food-all-the-time culture. My kids can totally go an hour without eating. Yes, they can. A few can't but they are the exception.

:D

Gotta go wield a hoe.  

:grouphug:

I've been crying all day for no real reason.

I told her she should get the free 100 pushup app because it's a great bookend to C25K. Instead she laughed maniacally and went out for ice cream.

That still sounds pretty logical to me.  Except I might skip the ice cream now.  Might. 

• Like 3

So THAT'S why we're besties. My birthday is December 19th. :D

I knew you were a Sagittarius. Nobody yell at me for that. The Bible doesn't say that stuff isn't true, just not to put faith in it. All my closest friends have been sags. We're the coolest people.

• Like 2

I knew you were a Sagittarius. Nobody yell at me for that. The Bible doesn't say that stuff isn't true, just not to put faith in it. All my closest friends have been sags. We're the coolest people.

I was actually going to say , "Of course, you're a Saggi!", but wasn't sure how you'd take it. :D

• Like 3

You can get a bed frame high enough to store it for like $60. If you*want* an exercise bike you can have one.

I know. I can hang it on the wall. Remember, I'm short. I actually kinda like my mattress set on the floor. I don't have to literally climb into bed every night, lol!

I know. I can hang it on the wall. Remember, I'm short. I actually kinda like my mattress set on the floor. I don't have to literally climb into bed every night, lol!

I do. My bed's so high I think there might be laws against it. But I like it that way.

• Like 1

I like the Y because you don't have to fit it in your house.  Plus, they have sliding scales.  

There is no such Y in our area. Our Y only has kid sports and a childcare center. Gyms around here are expensive, even the city one, and none are sliding scale. Except where I do zumba. But, that's not a gym, it's a dance studio.

Referring to the laziness mentioned above: then I would never use it (I'd have to move the plant, see...).

Would you use it if you had to pull it out from under the bed and put it back each time? I think not.

Besides, you make the girls move the plant.

• Like 1

Would you use it if you had to pull it out from under the bed and put it back each time? I think not.

Besides, you make the girls move the plant.

Right, the delegating thing. But, remember, I don't have an under the bed. I'd hang it on the wall. Yes, I'd take it down. Thankfully, walls are a lot easier than under the beds. Not easier on the eyes, though.

I've been crying all day for no real reason.

Oddly, I was very weepy today too.  Ovulating, maybe??  Idk.   But I couldn't make it through the Ten Commandments Memory Song (KJV version) without blubbering like a fool.  And we listened to it a lot, because today was a biglottadriving kinda day.  

Bike.  Jogging will destroy your knees.

Oh, and as you bike, remember:  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass.  Be happy with your own.  ;)

• Like 7