• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

No one has posted in half an hour. People are not taking this thread seriously.

Did I tell y'all that I'm running for city council? A new lifetime experience. :hat:

Oh fun!  You can institute hula at meetings.  :)

I will be taking little dd to the AHG meeting soon so don't look to me to keep this thread going with cute animal pics and clever stories and all that jazz.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

• Like 1

No one has posted in half an hour. People are not taking this thread seriously.

Did I tell y'all that I'm running for city council? A new lifetime experience. :hat:

Would you like for us all to don our ninja costumes and come stuff ballot boxes for you?  We could then have a slumber party at your house.  I could be packed in half an hour...

• Like 4

I am back from AHG meeting but my brain is oatmeal.  That's all I got. Plus, the cat keeps trying to walk on the keyboard and butt her head against my typing hand. It's a problem.

Still no kittens.  We have a busy morning at the orthodontist for two kids and then at co op.  She will probably birth between 7:30 am and 12:30 pm tomorrow while we are gone.

• Like 1

Well, I'm massively behind on reading this thread STILL.  Yesterday I started throwing up and couldn't stop, so DH took me to an emergency room yesterday evening.  I'm fighting some sort of infection, it turns out.  Might have gotten it from something I ate the day before (as I recognized contents from supper the day before as well as everything I ate yesterday), though that's hard to say for certain.  Today I'm keeping food down but I haven't eaten much and I'm still dehydrated, and my entire torso from the lower ribs on down feels like it has been beaten black and blue.

Sitting up hurts, so I might not post again for another day or two.  The kids and I spent the day in our jammies and had a "sick day".  I watched bulk episodes of Death In Paradise while laying on the couch.  I'll try to read more of the thread tomorrow.  I need a laugh, once it stops hurting.

:ack2:

Well, I'm massively behind on reading this thread STILL.  Yesterday I started throwing up and couldn't stop, so DH took me to an emergency room yesterday evening.  I'm fighting some sort of infection, it turns out.  Might have gotten it from something I ate the day before (as I recognized contents from supper the day before as well as everything I ate yesterday), though that's hard to say for certain.  Today I'm keeping food down but I haven't eaten much and I'm still dehydrated, and my entire torso from the lower ribs on down feels like it has been beaten black and blue.

Sitting up hurts, so I might not post again for another day or two.  The kids and I spent the day in our jammies and had a "sick day".  I watched bulk episodes of Death In Paradise while laying on the couch.  I'll try to read more of the thread tomorrow.  I need a laugh, once it stops hurting.

Well, shoot. I was hoping it would be something like a surprise pregnancy or the like. Pregnancy throw up is a lot better than sick infection throw up. Just sayin'.

Hope you feel better.

I am back from AHG meeting but my brain is oatmeal.  That's all I got. Plus, the cat keeps trying to walk on the keyboard and butt her head against my typing hand. It's a problem.

Still no kittens.  We have a busy morning at the orthodontist for two kids and then at co op.  She will probably birth between 7:30 am and 12:30 pm tomorrow while we are gone.

Yes, this is usually the way things work. Now, if you set up Skype or something before you leave, I promise to watch over the cat. I'll give you a yell if she starts birthing.

Of course, I'd have to yell pretty loud considering you're over 1,000 miles away. But it's the thought that counts. Isn't it?

Yes, this is usually the way things work. Now, if you set up Skype or something before you leave, I promise to watch over the cat. I'll give you a yell if she starts birthing.

Of course, I'd have to yell pretty loud considering you're over 1,000 miles away. But it's the thought that counts. Isn't it?

Yes, I will put you in charge of birthing cat via Skype.  Worry not about the particulars.

• Like 2

Good morning.  I have survived sleeping another night, and I am ready to meet the day.

My dh walked through just now, pointed at me and said, "You are suspect in this town."  I replied, "I am dangerous."  He replied, "I am not IN danger.  I AM the danger."  (The last one is from Breaking Bad.)  All we have left is communication through movie lines and snippets of songs.  Fortunately, that provides a lot of fodder.

Here, we have The Princess Bride.  I'm sure someone watching the movie for the first time would have no idea that is so applicable to everyday life situations. Silly them.

Seinfeld.  Dh could easily converse solely in Seinfeldian for the rest of his life, if he wanted to.   We often carry on entire conversations in nothing but quotes.  

• Like 3

Oh, you poor thing!! Here...you need the bunny slippers. They'll help you feel better in no time.

classic-white-bunny-slippers-bb-2-lg-01.

• Like 3

Boatloads of sympathy, coming your way!  I had the stomach flu in March and was out for 3 days.  I hate the stomach flu and hate throwing up. Poor, poor, poor you.  Poor, poor, pitiful you!  (With a little Linda Ronstadt reference to cheer you up! )

wizard-smiley.gif   Germs, BE GONE!

• Like 2

You copy the URL of the video and paste it right there. It doesn't look like a video until you submit it.

Well, jiggedy.  If I'd a known that, I'd a been all set days ago.  I kept checking the preview and seeing links only.  

So, I'll have to overcome my insecurity and just "post"  this thing blind.  

• Like 2

The last time I threw up before 2012 post-surgery was when I was pg with little dd, I think, so 2005.  I'm pretty good at avoiding, I tell you.

A vomit streak… wooo-hooo!  So impressed. 

https://youtu.be/IlLPAIrmqvE?t=50s

ETA:   I am adding "learn to embed video on WTM forums" to my bucket list.   You know, the list of stuff that will never actually happen.  

• Like 2

We had terrible storms last night with very strong winds. A piece of gutter is torn off the porch, the 250 gallon water tank is in the driveway, and I am missing a bird feeder.

The greenhouse held up though. Also the children and I managed to sleep through it all.:) It is good and bad though: good to sleep, but could have been bad if storms had been more severe. I think my oldest stayed up and he would've woke us if there had been a tornado warning. We were under a watch. Stream of Consciousness Rambling over...

Also I responded to Hurt Heeler (I think that's it) on the intro board. I am not sure if I should have or not. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't want him (I think)to be waiting for a response or help here. When I am sure there better sites and forums for the help he is looking for. Although we do have a lot of diverse and knowledgeable people here. I think maybe it is about a horse. Possible Stream of Consciousness Ramble over.... And everyone is relieved.:D

• Like 1

A vomit streak… wooo-hooo! So impressed.

https://youtu.be/IlLPAIrmqvE?t=50s

ETA: I am adding "learn to embed video on WTM forums" to my bucket list. You know, the list of stuff that will never actually happen.

I believe that is what happens when I try to embed video as well. I try from a kindle fire, and I think that is the problem. I am too lazy to use the laptop. :D The kindle is easier to carry around.:)

I agree on the vomit steak. WooHooo!

ETA: I tried to embed I love Lucy, Friends of the Friendless. It didn't work out, but thank you Texasmama.:)

• Like 1

We had terrible storms last night with very strong winds. A piece of gutter is torn off the porch, the 250 gallon water tank is in the driveway, and I am missing a bird feeder.

The greenhouse held up though. Also the children and I managed to sleep through it all.:) It is good and bad though: good to sleep, but could have been bad if storms had been more severe. I think my oldest stayed up and he would've woke us if there had been a tornado warning. We were under a watch. Stream of Consciousness Rambling over...

Also I responded to Hurt Heeler (I think that's it) on the intro board. I am not sure if I should have or not. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't want him (I think)to be waiting for a response or help here. When I am sure there better sites and forums for the help he is looking for. Although we do have a lot of diverse and knowledgeable people here. I think maybe it is about a horse. Possible Stream of Consciousness Ramble over.... And everyone is relieved.:D

I saw your response. You did fine, mama.
  • Like 2

The greenhouse held up though. Also the children and I managed to sleep through it all. :) It is good and bad though: good to sleep, but could have been bad if storms had been more severe. I think my oldest stayed up and he would've woke us if there had been a tornado warning. We were under a watch. Stream of Consciousness Rambling over...

Also I responded to Hurt Heeler (I think that's it) on the intro board. I am not sure if I should have or not. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't want him (I think)to be waiting for a response or help here. When I am sure there better sites and forums for the help he is looking for. Although we do have a lot of diverse and knowledgeable people here. I think maybe it is about a horse. Possible Stream of Consciousness Ramble over.... And everyone is relieved. :D

:grouphug:   I've been through hurricanes and earthquakes, but tornadoes terrify me.  I'm so glad that you only had some property damage.  You deserve a frou-frou coffee this morning, or something.  And the Hamster Dance was for you; somehow I just knew that you needed it.  I'm psychotic that way.

• Like 2

I believe that is what happens when I try to embed video as well. I try from a kindle fire, and I think that is the problem. I am too lazy to use the laptop. :D The kindle is easier to carry around. :)

ETA: I tried to embed I love Lucy, Friends of the Friendless. It didn't work out, but thank you Texasmama. :)

In stress veritas!  :lol:

• Like 3

I believe that is what happens when I try to embed video as well. I try from a kindle fire, and I think that is the problem. I am too lazy to use the laptop. :D The kindle is easier to carry around. :)

ETA: I tried to embed I love Lucy, Friends of the Friendless. It didn't work out, but thank you Texasmama. :)

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

• Like 2

I've been up since 3 am and now I'm at the orthodontist with three kids. (Insert appropriate smiley of your choice)

Hmm, there are several possibilities.

I know it's not this meditating-smiley.png

Wow, that's huge. Anyway, carrying on...I had to think this could be a possibility 20008023-help-wanted-smiley.jpg

But, nah, this is texasmama we're talking about here. So then I considered Kij95zRiq.jpeg

But, I finally found the perfect one for you:

aceKxKogi.jpeg

• Like 3

You copy the URL of the video and paste it right there. It doesn't look like a video until you submit it.

Hmm, procreation chants, eh? Wish I had known about these before. I'll start now. My youngest uncle was born when grandma was 47, so I still have time...

I loved this.

• Like 1

Hmm, procreation chants, eh? Wish I had known about these before. I'll start now. My youngest uncle was born when grandma was 47, so I still have time...

I loved this.

Well, I tried some of those moves, but when I asked dh if it made him want to procreate with me, he just laughed.

• Like 2

Maybe I need to work on the chants part...

I wasn't sure I should repeat that stuff though, cuz it might be saying "give me 10 kids" or something. And I'm too old for that. Just one or two more would suffice.

ETA: I meant 2 or 3 more. I've always wanted 4 or 5 kids.

• Like 1