Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think I've consumed alcohol (sip or two) about two to three times in my life. Just never really wanted to, and I don't much care for the flavor of beer or wine.

I would completely qualify as a sugar addict, however. :lol:

Once when I was 21 I had two beers.

I have tasted margaritas but am unable to finish one.

That is all.

• Like 5

I think I've consumed alcohol (sip or two) about two to three times in my life. Just never really wanted to, and I don't much care for the flavor of beer or wine.

Same here, though I do drink wine every Sunday for communion. I don't even like (authentic) Black Forest Cake. Strangely enough, I have a pantry full of vodka because I am making home made vanilla for Christmas gifts. :D

• Like 5

Same here, though I do drink wine every Sunday for communion. I don't even like (authentic) Black Forest Cake. Strangely enough, I have a pantry full of vodka because I am making home made vanilla for Christmas gifts. :D

What kind of church do you go to that you drink actual wine? Do children partake? What about alcoholics? 

What kind of church do you go to that you drink actual wine? Do children partake? What about alcoholics? 

Catholic and Orthodox churches use real wine. Possibly Lutheran? Episcopal? Yes, children may receive. Alcoholics choose to receive or not. No one has to do the wine, though. In the Catholic Church, both the Precious Body and the Precious Blood are served at Communion; people may choose either or both.

• Like 3

I grew up in a completely tee-totaling household. When I got to college I worked part time at a real estate office (small, private, not part of a chain) where every time an agent closed we all went out drinking all afternoon. Hoo boy! I have to admit I did have a good time. For a couple of years in college I did go out drinking on the weekends, but finally I decided that my behaviour was not in sync with what I professed as a Christian. So, I quit. I don't think dh has had a sip of alcohol in his life. Every now and again my BFF and I will go out to lunch and have a margarita, but that is the extent of it.
  • Like 7

I've had this long overwhelming list of stuff to do for a while. I was supposed to do it while the family was gone, but between KonMari-ing and spending my mornings in bed until 10 with coffee and a book it just didn't get done. Instead of looking at it every day and feeling overwhelmed I've decided to do one thing a day. Today I bathed the dog and *deep* cleaned the bathroom. Yesterday was the fridge. All the crevices in the thing that seals it. Icky. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow, but I like this one a day thing. Very doable.

Also, Mary wants a hippo. It's becoming a thing.

• Like 8

I'm board. Think of baby names with me. I'm not pregnant, we just like to name nonexistent children.

Boys:

Scott

David

Sebastian

Caleb

Girls:

Molly

Amy

Isabella

MacKenzie

We have a *very* hard time naming our children. Neither of them were named until the last month of my pregnancy.

• Like 5

I've had this long overwhelming list of stuff to do for a while. I was supposed to do it while the family was gone, but between KonMari-ing and spending my mornings in bed until 10 with coffee and a book it just didn't get done. Instead of looking at it every day and feeling overwhelmed I've decided to do one thing a day. Today I bathed the dog and *deep* cleaned the bathroom. Yesterday was the fridge. All the crevices in the thing that seals it. Icky. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow, but I like this one a day thing. Very doable.

Also, Mary wants a hippo. It's becoming a thing.

Hippos are cool.

Could we do Maria? I know it's the same thing as Mary, but it doesn't sound the same. I like Mexican names for girls. Mary was going to be Isabella, but twilight was big at the time.

I have a non-Hispanic friend named Maria.  Her mother just liked the name.  She looks like a California surfer girl.

I love the names Margaret and Eleanor for girls. For boys.... Stephen and Christopher.

And I misread your last line and thought you said that you hadn't named your children until last month. And I thought, "hmm I wonder what they called them until then!"

Me, too!  I was confused.

• Like 3

I never could get past the smell of beer. My 3 months of drinking did not include beer.  :leaving:

• Like 5

I'm board. Think of baby names with me. I'm not pregnant, we just like to name nonexistent children.

We have a *very* hard time naming our children. Neither of them were named until the last month of my pregnancy.

We didn't agree on a name for Gymnast until three days after she was born.

Nice. What did you call her before that? I tend to call mine Baby or Babiness for the first 6 months so that would work for us. I suggested not naming them until we got to know them and Matt was appalled by the idea.

• Like 2

Nice. What did you call her before that? I tend to call mine Baby or Babiness for the first 6 months so that would work for us. I suggested not naming them until we got to know them and Matt was appalled by the idea.

Well, we tried different names (including the one dh had picked a month before birth), but it just didn't seem right. We would use our fallback name of Nepomucena, which is a reference to a movie made by Mexican comedian Cantinflas. He played a priest in that movie and thought the name was so bad he refused to baptize a baby with it...

Yeah, we have a great sense of humor.

Bebe/baby/little one/chiquita, those worked too. :D

• Like 1

Well, we tried different names (including the one dh had picked a month before birth), but it just didn't seem right. We would use our fallback name of Nepomucena, which is a reference to a movie made by Mexican comedian Cantinflas. He played a priest in that movie and thought the name was so bad he refused to baptize a baby with it...

Yeah, we have a great sense of humor.

Bebe/baby/little one/chiquita, those worked too. :D

You're a horrible person.

• Like 3

Kid #5 wasn't named until he was two weeks old.  That was 100% dh's fault, by the way.  I think he was having an I'm-52-and-have-five-children-under-age-seven Midlife Crisis.  He actually refused to discuss the topic until day 13.  

• Like 2

I never could get past the smell of beer. My 3 months of drinking did not include beer.  :leaving:

I drank anything not nailed down. :leaving:   So now I get to drink no alcohol.

Now I desperately want to know her name.

I was people-watching while waiting for the best burgers in the world. It was interesting to watch couples who actually talk to and look like they enjoy one another. It was probably an act. Who does that?

The other night, dh and I were out at dinner, and I was really cranky and blowing off steam about some stuff to him. (not at him, to him) So there we sat at Chipotle, and I think we didn't look happy but we were fine.  Our life is just a little nuts.  You can tell nothing by what people look like, I think.  People watching is fun.

The young lad dishing out the rice was slow and dished too much rice.  I told dh that he was no kind of candidate for the line lead.

Also, there are two side tables at our date night Chipotle.  The other night both tables were taken, even though that is where we sit, yo.  So I sat somewhere else with a bad look on my face.  When dh sat down, I said, "Some &^%$#&^s sat at our table."  He found this hysterical.  Cursing and humor.  It's all we have left. :hat:

• Like 7

It was me being depressed that I have very little decent communication with my dh.

I'm sorry. I brag about mine because he's pretty awesome, but he's also an elitist, insensitive, lazy jerk who wont fellowship with me, smells like construction paper, and hates french people. I don't think it's respectful to my marriage to share things like that so I don't, but we all have hubby problems.

• Like 4

For funsies, I told dh to braid Gymnasts' hair. Dancer said she recalls her hair being tied in a knot when she was young. I watched dh. He tied Gymnasts' hair in a knot. Gymnast yelled, "Mommy, help me!" I braided her hair and explained the simple process. He said, "Oh, like braiding a rope..." Yeah, just like that. :D (I had no idea, but it made sense to me)

• Like 4