• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I have trouble with shoulder width, too, in shirts. I usually buy at least a size bigger. I used to think it would at least camoflague the belly bearing 4 kids left me with, but no. Pictures clearly show that somehow the bagginess actually accentuates the belly.

Sometimes life is just not fair.

So true. But at least it's comfortable. 

• Like 1

So, I just finished reading The Other Side of the Mountain and Frightful's Mountain, both by Jean Craighead George. They're middle grade kid lit, but I read them for my own enjoyment. Do they count toward my 100?

I didn't think this was something official or anything. Those books are a decent length, as opposed to, say, The Cat in the Hat. 

• Like 1

Truthfully, I think the graham crackers are fine, but because of my migraines I am ultra sensitive to smells as well as lights and sound.

Back before I was gf, I actually preferred my graham crackers stale.  And I like stale peeps.  And I would probably like stale peeps melted on stale graham crackers.   :D

• Like 5

So, I just finished reading The Other Side of the Mountain and Frightful's Mountain, both by Jean Craighead George. They're middle grade kid lit, but I read them for my own enjoyment. Do they count toward my 100?

Whatever you think counts counts. Audiobooks, Bibles, dictionaries, children's lit. Go hog wild. I'm trying to get Matt to work tonight so I can work on #3 but he's dead set on watching a TV show with me. In his defense we only have 1 show.

• Like 4

I missed out on my chance at superbly roasted marshmallows this year. It was too hot to sit by the campfire yesterday, but one of my sons burns those marshmallows so perfectly they are delicious. 

He hates marshmallows, but likes to roast them. I usually act as taste-tester. :001_smile:

• Like 3

I told DH about the 100 books thing, and he thinks using middle grade lit is cheating, even if read for my own pleasure, because I'm also kinda sorta prereading for when my kids get to that level. I told him I'd check.

If you read it for yourself, I would say it counts. 

<----------Also, I (finally) got a new tea towel to hang on that there white cupboard door.   

I haven't hung it up yet though.  I'm not convinced I've managed to train everybody (I'm especially lookin' at you, dh) to NOT ACTUALLY USE DECORATIVE TEA TOWELS. 

Yes.  That is yelling.   :svengo:

• Like 5

I told DH about the 100 books thing, and he thinks using middle grade lit is cheating, even if read for my own pleasure, because I'm also kinda sorta prereading for when my kids get to that level. I told him I'd check.

Can't cheat at something for which you set your own rules. 

• Like 3

<----------Also, I (finally) got a new tea towel to hang on that there white cupboard door.   

I haven't hung it up yet though.  I'm not convinced I've managed to train everybody (I'm especially lookin' at you, dh) to NOT ACTUALLY USE DECORATIVE TEA TOWELS. 

Good luck is all I can say.

I would never get my crew trained either, and frankly...I might be the worst offender. :leaving:

• Like 3

I only wear brown, so that makes matching clothes easy.

That's entirely untrue - today I'm wearing blue jeans and an orange sweater. But when I am looking at things in the thrift store, I gravitate toward brown. Probably half my clothes are in the brown family.

Isn't that funny? I go for gray. I just love fog gray shirts. They soothe me somehow. I also love white, but don't get many white or cream shirts because of the aforementioned issues I have with stains and holes.

I also fall in love whenever I find dark blue jeans that are wide-leg from the hips down.

I wear a lot of black. For Sunday I have a black long skirt and a black knee length skirt (just got it from Old Navy and love it) and everything goes with those. Otherwise, I wear jeans.
  • Like 2

Yes. Most definitely. I love middle grade lit. And some YA stuff. I like a good story without a lot of smut and angst. I hate angst.
  • Like 2

Like tea-towel abusers, perchance?

Exactly.

In my case it's a reach-for-the-nearest-weapon sort of mentality combined with the fact that I can't keep anything clean and stain-free anyway. So why have anything nice? Or for decoration only? I've mopped up spills with a handy shirt, so don't trust me with your fancy towels. I will use them.

• Like 2

Yes, they do!

He needs to shush. It's my challenge and I say it counts!

• Like 2

So, I think I'm a summer - blonde, but I wear cool tones, not warm.

(((Jean))) for the broken tray.

For $3000 I'd like a new bow for Susan (I'll let Luuknam get the socks), a new door for Tech Support, art supplies for John and Mary (but not for Awix, lol, not yet, anyway!).  For me.... hmmmm.... that's tough.  Maybe a gift card to a cleaning service (though I have a love-hate thing with the whole idea), and a new built in trash can (my current "built in" is a "trash compactor" that broke a long time ago and is duct taped closed because it won't even stay shut anymore - classy.   :laugh: )

Hurray for helpful electricians!  (Jean, when are you due?   :D )

Duckie, yay for finishing CC plans!

Definitely counts.  Besides, it's quality literature.  (It's not like you read Babysitter's Club stuff, lol)

I feel a little drunk with power...

:smilielol5:   

• Like 4

:crying:

My aunt passed away.  I received a note in the mail from a cousin I don't know telling me that her mom (my aunt) passed away a few weeks ago.  I'm so very glad she took the time to let me know.  She thanked me for keeping in touch with her mom (mostly Christmas cards).

I only met my aunt one time -- at my father's funeral.  (My father's family all live in California.)  I hate that my parents' divorce made a relationship with his family, half of my family, nearly impossible.

I have to remove my aunt from my Christmas card list, but I get to add my cousin.  It's kind of bittersweet to lose an aunt and gain a cousin at the same time.

• Like 4

Exactly.

In my case it's a reach-for-the-nearest-weapon sort of mentality combined with the fact that I can't keep anything clean and stain-free anyway. So why have anything nice? Or for decoration only? I've mopped up spills with a handy shirt, so don't trust me with your fancy towels. I will use them.

:lol:

I will puffy-heart you still.  As I do the six other tea-towel abusers near and dear to me.  

Even the ones who smear them with tomato saucy hands and green paint. 

• Like 2

Actually, reading books to pre-read in preparation to having your kids read them is a lot more work and effort than just reading them.  Reading middle school lit that way can make it as much work as James Michener's giant tomes.

#IlikeMichener

Big Book Booyah!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

Note to self:  when visiting Duckie use my pant leg to dry my hands.

#guiltyofusingdecorativetowels   :leaving:

• Like 4

:crying:

My aunt passed away.  I received a note in the mail from a cousin I don't know telling me that her mom (my aunt) passed away a few weeks ago.  I'm so very glad she took the time to let me know.  She thanked me for keeping in touch with her mom (mostly Christmas cards).

I only met my aunt one time -- at my father's funeral.  (My father's family all live in California.)  I hate that my parents' divorce made a relationship with his family, half of my family, nearly impossible.

I have to remove my aunt from my Christmas card list, but I get to add my cousin.  It's kind of bittersweet to lose an aunt and gain a cousin at the same time.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I need to get a condolence card to send to my uncle.  I have just been informed that his wife passed away about a year ago.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

Note to self:  when visiting Duckie use my pant leg to dry my hands.

#guiltyofusingdecorativetowels   :leaving:

I forgot to mention that I do use dh's shirts on occasion (the ones he's wearing, I mean.  Because they definitely aren't decorative enough to hang in the kitchen.)

:D

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 3