• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

If you died alone in a room with your loyal dog it would lay by your body and protect you. Dogs have died protecting their dead owners bodies. If you died alone in a room with your loyal cat it would eat you as soon as a it ran out of food.

That's because cats are smarter than dogs.  The cat knows you are dead and won't care. 

• Like 5

No, there's not. And honestly, I think the child will have a career in sales. Every single fund raiser the child has had to do he's sold everything in a couple of days. He sold both his and his brother's Jamba Juice cards (soccer fundraiser) in 2 days. He enjoys music, too. He just struggles academically. But.... I'm working on playing up his strengths and giving him the best education I can.

Have you done the Legos robotics?  Pricy, but...

• Like 1

I don't know how hot it is here, because I have been stuck in an audit room all day. 

I've been reading the news.  I'm convinced one of the auditors has been doing the same.  Dude, my job is to answer your questions.  I can't answer what I am not being asked.  I have an excuse.  You have none.

• Like 1

It's hard to say. He keeps things very close. He's been very busy this week, which will include seeing the attorney and making decisions about a rental car (should he drop off the current one, which our insurance has paid for, at the rental company and then walk over to the other one for a new car, because cheaper rates? Are the two companies far enough apart that I will need to pick him up and take him? Should we do that Friday afternoon or Saturday morning?). He's planning all the sound equipment and logistics for the Gideon convention which is next weekend (how will he move the mics around for the special singers? Which mics will go where? for which session? how much time will he have to get from this place to that one? which equipment will he have to rent? when will he have to pick it up?)

He's also now seeing the chiropractor several times a week. He has never been to a chiropractor. Anyway. Now he has to schedule that in (happily, it's on the way home from work, about a mile and a half from our house).

So probably he's feeling stressed. He just isn't talking about it. Bless his heart.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Yes. I'm small breasted but I wear a C. I was wearing an A. I'm so much more comfortable now. It's so weird.

Pregnancy & lactation can do that.  Before kids I had very small, dense, lumpy breasts -- I could go braless and no one would notice or care.  After pregnancy & lactating the lumpiness broke down (which is a good thing) and everything not only got a bit bigger, it got saggier.  I can understand going from an A cup to a C cup, but all the way to a G (UK) or I (US)?  I think I want to find a store that carries those sizes to try them on without buying.

I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm not fully convinced yet.

Pregnancy & lactation can do that. Before kids I had very small, dense, lumpy breasts -- I could go braless and no one would notice or care. After pregnancy & lactating the lumpiness broke down (which is a good thing) and everything not only got a bit bigger, it got saggier. I can understand going from an A cup to a C cup, but all the way to a G (UK) or I (US)? I think I want to find a store that carries those sizes to try them on without buying.

I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm not fully convinced yet.

They're not any bigger than they were when I was 12. It's a good thing I'm smrt because I'd still be single otherwise.

I've never pondered the meaning of my existence.

For me it's more the purpose of my life, rather than the meaning of my existence.  "Meaning" to me tends to suggest there's some language I'm not getting.  A purpose, however, I can grasp.  I can also choose it, or determine for myself what it must be.  Mine is to learn and to try to understand, which goes along with a long-term goal of mine: to become a wise, old woman.  I'll be in training for this my whole life long!

I hate mechanical pencils. I don't know why. The lead feels thin and creepy to me, but maybe it's because I have only tried cheap mechanical pencils.

They come in different lead thicknesses.  .5mm is common but often too thin for many people.  I'd recommend trying .7mm, since that still gives you a nice, not-too-fat line while giving you a sturdier lead.  If that's still too thin and tends to break on you you can use a .9mm lead, which also tends to be better if filling in bubble sheets for standardized tests.

• Like 1

John and I are bored with our Spalding spin-off. Don't tell Ellie. I'm also bored with my dance cardio. I might switch to mixed martial arts. Hmmm. My life is so difficult.

Remember when we were all young and beautiful and didn't have mustaches. Those were the days.

I don't want to do school today. My kids are behaving like children.

Today I'm the one most acting like a child.  I'm tired and sore and cranky and can't think.  The girls have been mostly good, though they are happily letting everything slide because Mom just isn't on the ball today.

If you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

I didn't realize rhubarb tasted like prunes!  I liked my Mom's rhubarb sauce.  Maybe I'll give prunes a try sometime after all.  Or not.

I did not know that rhubarb tastes like prunes. I had it once, in a pie. I never got past the first gag reflex.

Yeah, my Mom's rhubarb sauce was the only rhubarb preparation I ever liked.  Nobody else's was right; either the taste was off or it was too slimy.

• Like 1

How can I visually depict "pleased to meet you"?  I'm making picture cards to go with words and phrases for language learning. 

Can you do a short cartoon of an introduction?  After depicting an introduction in one panel you can depict the introduced people smiling as they greet each other.

• Like 1

I would love love love (nod to Pride and Prejudice movie) a day with cloudy stormy skies, a brisk chilly wind, and blowing autumn leaves.

Oh, so would I!  We are at LEAST a month away from that here, and quite possibly 2-3 months away.

• Like 2

:grouphug:  You should move.  It completely solves the problem. 

Unfortunately the reason we are here is family.  Neither DH nor I are willing to leave his folks without good reason, so I cope.  And whine.

Does eating a bit of protein help with the pain related nausea? I know it sounds odd, but it helps me.  Pain throws off my blood sugars.

It does sound odd, but you know, protein does seem to help me with certain stomach upsets.  I hadn't thought of that.

• Like 1

I went from a 36B prekids to a 34DDD post kids. And now I have back problems.

Yeah, the kids might be responsible for some of my back's tendencies to get achy.  They most certainly are responsible for a cushy boost to Poise's profit margins!

The cup size of a 40C and a 44A are the same. My entire life is a lie.

I'm sorry about your back lanalouwho.

If I lost 10 more pounds I could wear kid's shirts.

I spent some birthday money ordering in some exercise crops (pantz) from Fisher's Finest.  I ordered two different pantz, but the same size in both.  One pair is too small for me but fits DD15 just fine, so they are hers now.  I'm currently wearing the other pair and loving the freedom.

DD15 is catching up to me size-wise, and I'm trying to shrink down.  In another few months we should both be wearing the same size.  I'll joke about borrowing her clothes -- she doesn't have much interest in wearing mine, because mine aren't "fashionable" (her idea of fashion).   :laugh:

• Like 1

Yu have no idea how much we want to move! But, family being here complicates things immensely. So, we are stuck. We'd love to move some place in the northwest, actually. Idaho, or maybe Washington.

LIKE!  I miss snow!

Feeling a bit sad.   

My kids dance.  I know nothing about dance.  They have been doing it at our park and rec.   It was ok.  Than this last spring I spent 600 or 700 bucks having them in classes.  They are taught by college kids.  They play with bean bags and parachutes.  Even in the classes for the  8 and 10 year olds.  They really are not specific on technique at all.  Kids don't listen.  

The Thursday before the Saturday recital they still didn't really know what the outfits were going to be.  It was just a wreck. 

So we are switching to a park and rec in another town that is run more like a studio but with the park and rec prices.  Their recitals look like broadway shows compared to ours.  Well hopefully we are switching.  Registration is this weekend.  I pray we get in.

So why am I sad?  I am looking at the signup forms for our towns park and rec dance, thinking should I?   I could.  We could? 

Ugh.  The other one is so much better so why am I sad about leaving?  Why do I kind of want to go back? 

Feeling a bit sad.

My kids dance. I know nothing about dance. They have been doing it at our park and rec. It was ok. Than this last spring I spent 600 or 700 bucks having them in classes. They are taught by college kids. They play with bean bags and parachutes. Even in the classes for the 8 and 10 year olds. They really are not specific on technique at all. Kids don't listen.

The Thursday before the Saturday recital they still didn't really know what the outfits were going to be. It was just a wreck.

So we are switching to a park and rec in another town that is run more like a studio but with the park and rec prices. Their recitals look like broadway shows compared to ours. Well hopefully we are switching. Registration is this weekend. I pray we get in.

So why am I sad? I am looking at the signup forms for our towns park and rec dance, thinking should I? I could. We could?

Ugh. The other one is so much better so why am I sad about leaving? Why do I kind of want to go back?

:grouphug:

• Like 1