• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Do you remember me telling you that one of my brothers had bladder cancer?  He is now supposedly cancer free after they did surgery a week ago.  He was warned that this type of cancer often comes back though so he will be carefully monitored. He still has a couple months of treatment to go through as well.

Such good news!!!

ETA:  Yay!!  It's a good news for Jeannie's family Booyah!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 7

I need to drink more water and cranberry juice. But the coffee keeps butting in line.

Dinner is dill salmon and rice with hollandaise, and green beans. I wonder if dh will be home. I think he said earlier but I can't remember now.

Drat. I forgot to run the dishwasher again!

I've had good luck taking D-Mannose with Cranactin & Nature's Way Urinary.  https://www.amazon.com/Solaray-D-Mannose-CranActin-60-Capsules/dp/B0011FT8OM/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473889723&sr=8-2&keywords=d-mannose+with+cranactin   https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Urinary-Cranberry-420mg/dp/B00028PZG4/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473889771&sr=8-1&keywords=urinary+formula+with+cranberry+nature%27s+way+100+caps

I thought I'd toss this out there, as I haven't needed antibiotics for these for years now as these do the trick.

• Like 2

We are back. Everyone is healthy. Our pediatrician is a proponent of homeschooling. I didn't know he felt so strongly about it until today. It is good to be encouraged. :hurray:

I, on the other hand, told everyone off when I got home. Not really, but I settled a few people down that were wanting me to do one. more. thing. I said it sounded like a hassle, and I did not need another hassle. I can't do it. So Yay! I said no.

Now, I am tired, but there is still a hundred and five things to do.

• Like 8

We are back. Everyone is healthy. Our pediatrician is a proponent of homeschooling. I didn't know he felt so strongly about it until today. It is good to be encouraged. :hurray:

I, on the other hand, told everyone off when I got home. Not really, but I settled a few people down that were wanting me to do one. more. thing. I said it sounded like a hassle, and I did not need another hassle. I can't do it. So Yay! I said no.

Now, I am tired, but there is still a hundred and five things to do.

There is always 105 thingsto do. Housework is never finished. If you had a full staff it would never be finished. Rest when you need it.

• Like 4

DH is a wonderful, wonderful man, husband, and father. He's also very, very human, which is hard atm.

Thank you for the hugs.

I like that joke! Thanks, AMJ.

Hump day! I love camels.

I've been out of likes all day, darn it!

AMJ, loved your joke.  Very cute.

I learned that joke a good 30 years ago, when I was working on a guest ranch.  My boss liked to get drunk with like-minded guests and tell really raunchy "jokes".  He'd tell some real doozies, and then, after appropriate build-up and setting of expectations (and a solid level of drunkenness) he trot out that one.  He loved to watch their faces and time how long it took them to realize that WAS the joke and there was nothing dirty about it.

I have found that it works perfectly well in family-friendly settings, especially when people are trading BAD jokes.  When I told DH I had posted it here today in response to a request for good jokes he said, "That is NOT a good joke."   :laugh:

• Like 2

Sorry. Are you familiar with those wing suits? :svengo:

On that one all I saw was the guy falling.  I did not see deployment of any wings -- they cut away too quickly or filmed at a bad angle.

I like the guy going to bed, and the overhead shot of the gal with lots of pink hula hoops.

• Like 2

No, I was just concerned I sounded bratty.

No worries.  We don't take offense easily, and usually don't assume brattiness unless it's done in fun.  You really need to be where you can see emojis to get some of the shared brattiness around here!

• Like 1

Do you remember me telling you that one of my brothers had bladder cancer?  He is now supposedly cancer free after they did surgery a week ago.  He was warned that this type of cancer often comes back though so he will be carefully monitored. He still has a couple months of treatment to go through as well.

Good news!  Here's hoping it stays away!!!!   :party:  :party:

• Like 1

I pantsed, I worked out, I fed the loud creatures who have since practiced their daily vandalism via sidewalk chalk and are now watching Winnie the Pooh en Espanol, I babied and now I'm showered and bedded. And bored. I need a TV show to watch but it's not TV season and I caught up on Once. Perhaps I should do something better with my time. Hmmm...

Go look up Hiyao Miazaki films, like My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo.  Ooo, and Kikki's Delivery Service!  Your kids would love them and I think you would, too.  He made films with characters of several different ages, and these 3 should be great with your age-range of kids.

Miazaki films are one of my addictions.   :laugh:

• Like 1

We're going on a dog hunt

We're going to catch a big one

I'm not scared!

It's a beautiful day

Uh-oh! Yard!

The neighbor's yard

We can't go over it

We can't go under it

Oh no!

We got to go around it!

We're going on a dog hunt.   .

Uh-oh!  Squirrel!

A neighborhood squirrel

We can't go chasing it

We can't go petting it

Oh no!

We got to ignore it!

We're going on a dog hunt. . .

Uh-oh!  The park!

The neighborhood park

We can't go around it

We can't go above it

Oh no!

We got to go through it!

What's that?

One shiny wet nose

Two big furry ears

Two big googly eyes

It's a dog!

Quick!

Grab him by the collar

Chase him on home

Through the park

Past the squirrel

Around the neighbor's yard

Get to the front door

Open the door

Up the stairs

Oh no! 

That is genius!  So spot-on!

• Like 2

Yay, all ketchupped!

DH is cooking hamburger patties because I thawed ground beef and didn't get the crockpot lasagna started in time.  This is a better meal option for a hot evening, anyway, and I don't have to eat something different while watching the family eat the pasta for supper.

• Like 1

Does it come in non-underwire? I HATE underwires. They always poke me in places they shouldn't.

No, but you can't tell the underwear is there. I believe that they are cotton bras with a satin weave so you have the benefits of a silk bra without the sweatiness. I like that they are racerback so that the straps don't fall, the fact that the sides are wide so it doesn't create bumps where there aren't bumps already, and the front clasp.

John doesn't love the dog more than Alex, I just thought it was funny that he typed the dog's name first. The dog was found swimming in the Little Miami River in Ohio.

• Like 2

No, but you can't tell the underwear is there. I believe that they are cotton bras with a satin weave so you have the benefits of a silk bra without the sweatiness. I like that they are racerback so that the straps don't fall, the fact that the sides are wide so it doesn't create bumps where there aren't bumps already, and the front clasp.

John doesn't love the dog more than Alex, I just thought it was funny that he typed the dog's name first. The dog was found swimming in the Little Miami River in Ohio.

I might have to order one if they come in my size, just to try.  There might be a way to slip the wires out.  Sometimes there is.  I used to wear front-close racer-backs, but haven't found any in years in my size.  My shape works better with front close, and I like racer-backs, too, for exactly the reason you stated -- no slipping straps.  It also gets the straps away from the area on my shoulder where my purse strap falls, and therefore distributes the load one shoulder takes instead of concentrating it all in one area.

• Like 1