Menu

Ignore this thread!

Thanks Slache! You ARE a shopper. I don't know enough to know if I want one or not.

I'm not familiar with Garmins. I imagine they're great for runners who don't want to carry their phones. I highly recommend the Fitbit or Jawbone for those who are actively trying to improve their health, like you. It's not a good "new years resolution" purchase because to me that's just too much money for something you're not going to use. Mine definitely helped me improve my health habits including exercise, diet and water intake. It also helped me improve my sleep quality. I will be buying another soon. We're going Fitbit this time.

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Goals today:

Garden communion

Mail off stuff sold on ebay

Finish sorting all toys

I keep my expectations low.

Thanks for the friendly kick in the pants.  I just listed some items on ebay that have been sitting in boxes in my bedroom.  Still a bunch to go...

Yeah. I seem to remember being promised an overnight 20 lb. loss. I want a refund!

Me too.  On the up side though, my scale says that I am not a loser.   :P

I had a 9 pound baby and only lost 6 pounds. Medical math.

With one of my pregnancies I only gained 9 lbs.  When the baby was weighed at birth she was 8 lb. 14 oz.  Dh actually said to me "You only have 2 ounces more to lose."  I wanted to smack him.  :)

• Like 6

For some reason I am really waffling on the Instant Pot issue.  On the one hand, my rice cooker/slow cooker work just fine, though the non-stick pot has gotten scratched.  On the other hand, I don't have a pressure cooker.  Lack of sleep and worry about sick child and no vehicle available is turning this into a crisis in my head.

• Like 5

For some reason I am really waffling on the Instant Pot issue.  On the one hand, my rice cooker/slow cooker work just fine, though the non-stick pot has gotten scratched.  On the other hand, I don't have a pressure cooker.  Lack of sleep and worry about sick child and no vehicle available is turning this into a crisis in my head.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/615317-if-i-only-ever-used-my-instant-pot-for-this-one-recipe/

• Like 1

If you are waffling, you need a waffle iron.  :auto:

• Like 7

Awwe, Neko & Rusty make everything better. Neko has an amazing face. Rusty's ears look oh so soft. 

I'm considering grooming my mom's dog Lilly today. She doesn't let anyone touch her ears. They're actually ok inside but the fur all over them is matted.  She's such a mess. I keep telling her it will all hurt less when I'm done but I think she's had a number of really bad experiences so trust around her ears is low....

• Like 4

Hand over the cranky pants.  Now. 

Y'know, reading this one again (trying to find where in the thread I left off) I REALLY want an action icon with those velcro pants....

• Like 1

I have to dive into the piles of paper stuff on the dining room table.  I'm scared. 

I'm scared too. 

I still have a giant plastic bin. I attacked it last weekend, got through several layers, came upon the "I don't  know what to do with this layer" and gave up. Now it has a week's worth of new paper, magazines, a couple books, and a hat on top of it.  

It's like it has a gravitational pull now & just sucks in more and more stuff. 

• Like 5

Goals today:

Garden communion

Mail off stuff sold on ebay

Finish sorting all toys

I keep my expectations low.

I don't know -- depends on the hassle of getting the stuff mailed and the number and variety of toys.

Certain tasks I do better when there is a deadline looming over my head.  New (bigger) bed comes Thursday.  We will have the delivery guys help me dismantle and move the pieces of the current bed (they are not taking it away because extended family wants it) to another room.  This means I not only have to have our bedroom emptied out and cleaned as best I can and the new bedding all washed and ready to go before Thursday, I also need to clear space elsewhere for bed bits to go temporarily.

I have cleared the landing and the middle of the spare bedroom, so we have someplace out of the way to put the bits of the current bed.  Check.

I have packed up and delivered the donatables that were piled in our bedroom awaiting transport to the thrift shop.  Check.  (They had been waiting for MONTHS.)

I have vacuumed the landing and middle of the spare bedroom.  Check.

I still have to remove/move about some stuff in our bedroom.

I will want to vacuum our bedroom, too, before Thursday.

As the delivery guys get the current bed moved out of the way I will be vacuuming its current location before I allow them to bring in and set up the new bed.  I'm sure they've seen this situation before -- DBOUSes (dust bunnies of unusual size) finally accessible and gleefully purged from the space by the maniacal keeper of the house.  I'm sure I won't frighten them away.

All this shifting of stuff and getting to spots of floor to vacuum has me eyeballing more stuff that can be sorted through for decluttering purposes.  Hmm....

I just texted DH asking if he remembered what we tipped the guys who brought the kids' new beds last year -- that is, I dictated it and voice-to-text mistranslated it.  Turns out my text asked him if he recalled what we did to the delivery guys last year....

• Like 3

What tablet?

I just got this too. Eta: It was $29.99 five minutes ago.

Be careful with this around the kids.  If they get their hands on it interesting and sometimes alarming things can happen.  Don't tell them hands-off entirely, instead tell them they can only touch/use it when you are able to work with them and supervise.  In return you can let them "supervise" your use of it, too, so Mommy stays safe as well.

• Like 1

((Susan's dd))

Lesson for oblivious kid:  trying to be punny by telling someone with a fever to "chill out" is not amusing.  Good idea: testing your puns on Mom before you encounter the imagined scenario in which you want to use them.

• Like 2

ISN'T IT GREAT!!

DH says it's horrible.  Last night he was peeking at the deals page to see what might be on offer today, and found a deal for yesterday for an item he's been wanting.  So he bought it, since the price was too good to pass up.

DH is worse than me when it comes to impulse buying.  *sigh*

• Like 3

DH says it's horrible.  Last night he was peeking at the deals page to see what might be on offer today, and found a deal for yesterday for an item he's been wanting.  So he bought it, since the price was too good to pass up.

DH is worse than me when it comes to impulse buying.  *sigh*

It's not considered impulse if he's been wanting it already. It was anticipated, and he bought it on a preemptive strike.

• Like 2

All of these recipes are GF/DF. Some call for butter, but I imagine that's an easy fix. I have shared most of them before, but I just updated mt Whole30 Google Doc so I thought I should share.

Breakfast:

Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce

Banana Pancakes

BLT Quiche with Potato Crust

Chakchouka

Egg Foo Yong

Overnight Breakfast Casserole

Salmon Fritata

Sweet Potato, Apple and Pancetta Hash

Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes

Main Course:

Beef Stew

Broiled Scallops

Buffalo Chicken Casserole

Cod with Tomato Caper Sauce and Sugar Peas

Cooking A Whole Chicken In An Instant Pot

Cilantro Coconut Shrimp Soup

Crispy and Tender Baked Chicken Thighs

Faux Pho

Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze

Grilled Rosemary Chicken Breasts

Grilled Salmon With Avocado Salsa

Kale And Celery Soup

Marinated Grilled Shrimp

Mexican Soup

Moroccan Grilled Salmon

Paleo Egg Roll Soup

Peach Balsamic Rosemary Chicken

Pina Colada Chicken

Pot Roast

Pulled Pork Carnitas

Red Chicken Soup

Roast Chicken And Gravy

Roasted Tomato Soup

Romesco Garlic Shrimp With Zucchini Noodles

Shepherd’s Pie

Stewed Tilapia (don’t add the salt)

Sweet Potato Soup

Thai Stir Fry

Tuna Cakes with Green Olives

Sides:

Baba Ghanoush

Baked Bloomin Onion

Cauliflower Couscous

Crispy Potatoes

Garlic Herb Potatoes

Gazpacho

Home Fries

Potato Salad

Ratatouille

Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts

Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts

Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Thai Brussels Sprouts

Tomato Cucumber Salad

Condiments:

Chimichurri

Italian Dressing

Jerk Seasoning

Olive Oil Mayo

Ranch Dressing

Snacks:

Snack Mix

Sweet Potato Chips

Oooooo, thank you so much!  Just when I really needed some new recipes and ideas with these dietary changes!

Let's see, what shall I have for breakfast tomorrow?  *gleeful anticipation*

• Like 2

Lesson for oblivious kid:  trying to be punny by telling someone with a fever to "chill out" is not amusing.  Good idea: testing your puns on Mom before you encounter the imagined scenario in which you want to use them.

That wouldn't work in our house.  I would find it funny.  If I didn't have a fever, that is. 

• Like 5

All of these recipes are GF/DF. Some call for butter, but I imagine that's an easy fix. I have shared most of them before, but I just updated mt Whole30 Google Doc so I thought I should share.

Breakfast:

Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce

Banana Pancakes

BLT Quiche with Potato Crust

Chakchouka

Egg Foo Yong

Overnight Breakfast Casserole

Salmon Fritata

Sweet Potato, Apple and Pancetta Hash

Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes

Main Course:

Beef Stew

Broiled Scallops

Buffalo Chicken Casserole

Cod with Tomato Caper Sauce and Sugar Peas

Cooking A Whole Chicken In An Instant Pot

Cilantro Coconut Shrimp Soup

Crispy and Tender Baked Chicken Thighs

Faux Pho

Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze

Grilled Rosemary Chicken Breasts

Grilled Salmon With Avocado Salsa

Kale And Celery Soup

Marinated Grilled Shrimp

Mexican Soup

Moroccan Grilled Salmon

Paleo Egg Roll Soup

Peach Balsamic Rosemary Chicken

Pina Colada Chicken

Pot Roast

Pulled Pork Carnitas

Red Chicken Soup

Roast Chicken And Gravy

Roasted Tomato Soup

Romesco Garlic Shrimp With Zucchini Noodles

Shepherd’s Pie

Stewed Tilapia (don’t add the salt)

Sweet Potato Soup

Thai Stir Fry

Tuna Cakes with Green Olives

Sides:

Baba Ghanoush

Baked Bloomin Onion

Cauliflower Couscous

Crispy Potatoes

Garlic Herb Potatoes

Gazpacho

Home Fries

Potato Salad

Ratatouille

Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts

Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts

Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Thai Brussels Sprouts

Tomato Cucumber Salad

Condiments:

Chimichurri

Italian Dressing

Jerk Seasoning

Olive Oil Mayo

Ranch Dressing

Snacks:

Snack Mix

Sweet Potato Chips

Can you share the google file?

I have to dive into the piles of paper stuff on the dining room table.  I'm scared. 

I'm creating a monster of a pile on mine right now, too.  That's where I'm putting all of the papers I'm removing from our bedroom -- this is our home school table, so I now have a very definite deadline for clearing those papers up again.

• Like 3

So how long do you think it will take me to kill myself with this suspension trainer? We should take bets. I'll probably have to open it first. We should probably take bets on that too.

I bet Slashie has trouble opening the packaging, only to have one or both kids get it open for her!

(No slam on you, Slashie.  I'm slammin' the packagers.)

• Like 1

I'm scared too. 

I still have a giant plastic bin. I attacked it last weekend, got through several layers, came upon the "I don't  know what to do with this layer" and gave up. Now it has a week's worth of new paper, magazines, a couple books, and a hat on top of it.  

It's like it has a gravitational pull now & just sucks in more and more stuff. 

Speaking from experience:  DO SOMETHING!!!!  You don't want to dozens of boxes I have to sort through to find the few papers we MUST keep.  Don't let this go on.  Save yourself!

This stuff is like quicksand.

• Like 3

I earned 5 chocolate chips for sorting through one pile of paper.  I'm listening to Mark Knopfler/ Dire Straits.  He makes me happy. 

Ooo, chocolate motivation!  Hmm, make it good dark chocolate and I can claim I'm burning off more fat and sugar than I'm rewarding myself with, so Dr. W can't get too cranky with me, right?

• Like 3

It's not considered impulse if he's been wanting it already. It was anticipated, and he bought it on a preemptive strike.

I will tell him this in hopes it helps him feel less guilty.

Now, all of the OTHER stuff he "discovered"....

• Like 1

I have a double stack on the corner of a desk in my room. Some of it is school related, some of it is novel related, and some of it might be just things I set down and forgot about. I have not settled on a good tackle date yet. Summer is still wiping me out, although my dark room is helpful. 

I've got to get a good writing session today. I'm only 7,000 words ahead of my closest cabin mate's word total. I think I might be just a touch competitive, you think? :laugh:

• Like 6

I have placed dd17's birthday box of boots on the chair in my room, covered by misc. papers and stuff. Don't let me forget. :D

It's a good thing the new bed is arriving before eldest DD's birthday.  In clearing out for the new bed I found the presents I bought for her a few weeks ago and forgot about.  If it weren't for the bed she'd be lucky to get these presents by Christmas!

• Like 4