Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good afternoon!

Dd14 and I got up at dark o’clock to make 4 blackberry cobblers and then load flowers and all the things into the car and now we are at the wedding venue getting ready.  Really just getting ready for the photographer.  

Lunch has arrived.  I’m so hungry.

Coffee!

It's a Wedding Booyah!

Our thread. . .  
is a very very very fine thread    
with nice friends on the Hive  
we help each other to thrive  
and everything is cozy because of you!    
La-la, la-la-la, la . . .

Jean, 6/2023

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good afternoon!

Dd14 and I got up at dark o’clock to make 4 blackberry cobblers and then load flowers and all the things into the car and now we are at the wedding venue getting ready.  Really just getting ready for the photographer.  

Lunch has arrived.  I’m so hungry.

Coffee!

So exciting. Wedding booyah! I want to see pictures.

• Like 5

Afternoon everyone.

Happy wedding day to Susan’s family!

We super cleaned the house today. It is never gross, but a nice deep clean every couple months is a good thing. Dirtiest spot goes to behind and under the dryer. Bleh! I also cleaned out all of DD’s hair that was wrapped around the vacuum cleaner roller. How she loses that much hair and is not bald is beyond me. 6-month bleach in the AC drains and new air filters up in the attic are done.

We eclipsed here. It got shadier and cooler. I actually had all the downstairs windows and doors open with a nice cross breeze blowing. I pretended I was living somewhere with actual seasons instead of Houston.

I had another contractor come about the kids’ bath today, too. I’m waiting on his estimate, but I think we are going to use him because bathrooms are his speciality.

I have never understood playing sports ball in bad weather. It is illogical, Captain.

• Like 5

We are back from the wedding and subsequent hootenanny.  There was a whole lotta hoot and just a leeeetle bit of nanny.  The wedding was beautiful.  Dd25 was beautiful and the girls were all lovely and pretty much everything went off without a hitch.  Both of David's brothers and their wives came which was so sweet.  

We have a lot of packing up to do in the morning to get out of the airbnb by 10 but it shouldn't be too bad with all of pitching in.

Nighty night!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.

I'm feeling pretty good and hopefully done with the cold. The last time (a couple weeks ago) that the kids gave me a cold, it was really quick too. This is unusual for me because I'm generally the sickest for the longest. Maybe it's because I'm middle aged and have already had all the viruses by now.

I made pumpkin (sweet potato) loaves instead of muffins.  I should do this more often. I usually make muffins because they bake faster but I prefer to toast the sliced loaves. I use the downeast maine pumpkin bread recipe on allrecipes, except I use only 2 c of sugar and 3/4 of oil, and add a little butter and double the spices. And I substituted sweet potato for pumpkin. So I guess I don't make the recipe at all but always use it for reference.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Afternoon here. We were late to Church because we are down to one shower for 6 people. Oh well.

Auntie Flow decided to put in an appearance after months of being on vacation. I will be so glad when this part of menopause is over.

DH leaves in the morning for LA for a week on business. It’s just a couple hours away so he’s driving. He should be back Friday night.

I’m leaving Saturday morning at dark o’clock to fly to AZ to meet up with 2 of my college roommates to celebrate our half century (and a bit) birthdays for the weekend. I haven’t seen them in years so I’m a little nervous. These ladies are so amazing like you guys. We will have fun, I know, despite my nerves.

Making chicken fajitas and black bean cilantro lime rice for dinner. I hope the avocados are ripe enough this time. Last time they were rocks. 🐮 

Lesson plans are ready to print for the week. I feel so prepared.

And I made banana bread cake.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

The trees all started to change colors while we were gone.  It definitely feels like fall today.

🎵I've been to the Aldi in a van with no headlight,      
It felt good to get out of the rain.🎵

I was only sprinkling, really.  The girls dove headlong into schoolwork this morning, trying to make up for the past week of crazy.  I'm missing my favorite jeans and purple t-shirt.  They probably got scooped up and shoved into a random bag at the wedding venue.  I am on my second coffee already, but I need to take a few deep breaths and make a plan.  

Probably need to finish unpacking and do a bit of tidying.  And water the flowers outside. Ds28 needs me to pick him up at the car shop after lunch and we don't have violin/viola but we do have choir and scouts and maybe Bible study if I can make it.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

People are not taking this thread seriously!

I'm back from all the places.  Also went to Home Depot to get some firewood.  Which reminds me, you are all invited to tomorrow's Front Porch Shindig.  Hot apple cider and marshmallow roasting.  Fun music.  You are welcome to bring an instrument or borrow a ukulele or cajon or some spoons or just hang out and poke the fire.  Dancing is allowed.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!

School and work!!

I get to drive to the far reaches of the County today to visit some families. Wednesday night church tonight.

DS brought a kitten home from work. Don’t exactly know how it was found, but it may have been in a shipping container from China. It’s tiny, eyes are barely opened. Mom and sibs died, so we get to try to raise a kitten. Fortunately, someone at work did get him a bottle and some kitten formula, so in all my spare time…..

Susan, how was the shindig?? 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Pup has been deposited at the groomer.

Woke up at Dark o'Clock and decided I might as well look into a couple things because last night I was informed that the wedding reception venue that we were using is not going to work.  So.  I need to find another place with less than 2 months to go.  There are a couple places I am checking into that are reasonably priced.  If neither is available we might just skip the whole reception thing.  

I also need to call my insurance company today and talk through our upcoming insurance issues.  I hate calling the insurance company because no one seems to work there and/or know anything about insurance.  I'd switch companies but my credit rating is not really high enough yet for it to be worth looking into.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Back from the day. Had good talks with families. Kids at Wednesday Night Church were  just wild. I let them play outside a little longer than usual. it was a nice evening and I knew very little would get done in small group anyway because they were just noisy and active.

• Like 3