• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I did Tuesday. We were at work and I was the only one in the building today.

It's a why-I-wanna-quit-work BOOYA!!

Windows = whiteboards

I hit the check mark ✅; was your post liked? I can’t see the likes on my phone and I’ll probably be mostly on my phone for about 10 days.

Yes.

But you can’t see everyone else’s likes unless you switch to Full Version mode.

... which is at the bottom of the page.

And I just got grumpy with Subway. Dd asked for the italiano melt. I pointed to the sign and asked for it and said the whole name. Italiano melt. The lady proceeds to make it and asks dd what veggies, etc. I asked if that wasn't supposed to be toasted. Because the veggies were already on it by this point. She said Honey they're only toasted if you ask or if it's a melt. I pointed out the sign which said italiano melt. She looked back and said well they're not toasted unless you ask. Dd just said it's fine let's go. I'm still angry. Can't beat stupid. The lady was super sweet about it though.

Tell management tomorrow.  It is a melt.  It is supposed to have the cheese melted.  The gal argued with a customer, changed what she said the rules were, and didn't offer to remake the sandwich when her error was pointed out.  I don't care how she presented herself, this is not "sweet".  This is the sort of behavior that drives customers away for good.

• Like 7

Y'all have helped me stay somewhat focused. I have at least done the budget, balanced accounts, and paid some bills. And I called dh to warn him that we will be cleaning tonight. I forgot it's football night, though.

Good for you!

Decaf tea is made. Chores are done. Not cooking tonight. NaNo...go!

For me NaNo didn't go tonight.  I took my laptop along to long Aikido night, but was brain dead by then.  I played Plants Vs. Zombies on DD16's DS XL instead.

I think I can't count on being ABLE to write come evening.  I need morning or day time for writing.

• Like 3

Sigh.  The induction plate would not boil water for pasta.  It just WOULD NOT.  The water got hot.  I could see steam.  But 20 minutes on the burner and no boil at all.  So I transferred everything to the microwave and am trying to do it there only the instructions I'm following aren't quite working.  Double sigh. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Tomorrow?  Does the stove come tomorrow?

• Like 1

MIL has asked us to provide music for the Christmas Eve service. Just 2 songs, though - I'll do a violin solo and the kids will sing something. At least we are not having to do the whole service and not being advertised as being "greater than any show you could see in NYC". That was beyond horrible.

Susan Von Trapp!!!!!

• Like 4

I'm about out of energy. Put the first two layers of color on the poppy and they look good. I did the second on on hot-press paper and just no comparison with the other. I LOVE hot-press. My teacher despises it. To me, hot-press is the perfect combination of flowable and control, BUT it requires a delicate touch with the brush to avoid hard edges. And the paint will puddle if you aren't judicious in application. So it has its drawbacks. I like it all the same.

• Like 4

Ds10 has completed 3 math problems in 2 hours!

DD16 spent ALL DAY working on 40+ geometry problems (it was the chapter summary and review section).  By the time DH got home her brain was mush.

• Like 2

This was my DS yesterday.  Apparently he kept getting distracted.  I asked what was disctracting him, and he shook his head and said, "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Le sigh.

I talk to myself a lot.  There's an old saying about people who talk to themselves, and a lot of people bring it up, followed by "I know, it's only a problem if you answer yourself."

I tell them no, it's not a problem to answer yourself, either.  It's when the response you give yourself is, "Sorry, I didn't catch that.  What were you saying?" that you should start to worry.

#actuallyhavedonethatfromtimetotime

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

DH offered to bring home Mexican food. Yes, please.

I'm super cranky lately. Everything is irritating and I want to hide in the bathroom all day. I need a vacation. 

We've been having a lot of that here, too.  Only I don't want to hide in the bathroom because then I'd have to clean it.  I want a cabin, with some chill outside and a warm fire in a fireplace or wood stove, and hot cider.  And pan-fried leftover tamales.  Or fajitas, with homemade tortillas (I don't know how to make those).  Or Mom's stuffed cabbage (stuffed head, not leaves).

• Like 3

We've been having a lot of that here, too. Only I don't want to hide in the bathroom because then I'd have to clean it. I want a cabin, with some chill outside and a warm fire in a fireplace or wood stove, and hot cider. And pan-fried leftover tamales. Or fajitas, with homemade tortillas (I don't know how to make those). Or Mom's stuffed cabbage (stuffed head, not leaves).

I would prefer to hide out in a cabin, with a nice chill outside and a toasty warm fire, and a nice hot mocha, and a good book. But, my bathroom is as close as it gets.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I just watched a trailer for the movie "Wonder".

It looks like a lovely movie.  We almost never go the the theater, and I certainly won't go to a theater to see this.

I will watch it at home, in a room all by myself after everyone has gone to bed, and I will bawl my eyes out.

That does look promising!  

• Like 2

Iï¸ should drag out my violin sometime too. Iï¸ learned to play it by ear long before Iï¸ learned how to read music. Now I can’t figure out how to play the notes that I can now read.

Interesting thing. After at least ten years of not touching the thing Iï¸ subbed in a music class where they were learning violin. Iï¸ took a stab at it and played the very easy folk song by ear. The kids told me that I played better than their teacher. ;). I’m really not that good. Their teacher must have been really bad.

Yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised at what I still remember after about 15 years. I mean, I only have a 1/4 size violin to play on now, so, my fingers need to be closer together and all that, but hey... I didn't forget *everything*. Just, uh, a lot. I'm thinking of finding some sheet music to print out or something to see what I can do. I suppose I could just use the guitar book and ignore the fingering...

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

How long does postpartum last?  

I mean, ds3 is.... 3.  And a half.  But it's still okay to say that's my postpartum survival strategy, right???  :leaving:

Well, there was a partum, right? And you're still post it... you didn't time travel and end up in pre or anything, right? So... then it's still post-partum... and will remain post-partum until you do time travel to the past. 

I made hot dogs for dinner. Broccoli complained about the lack of I-don't-recall-what. Oh, yeah, bacon. (he was whining about it while I was cooking). I told him that if he's going to whine about HOT DOGS, then I might as well make curry or w/e. He changed his tune very quickly. But still.  :banghead:

I read him a bedtime story (Celery isn't interested in the current book, which I finished tonight, btw), and they've been asleep for quite a while now. And then I Russianed. 

• Like 3

Recipe, please?

West African Plasas (Chicken in Peanut, Spinach & Tomato Sauce)

Serves: Serves 6-8

Ingredients

* 2 pounds bone-in and skin-on chicken pieces (alternatively, beef is also commonly used)

* OR 6-8 pieces bnls/sknls chicken

* Palm or coconut oil for frying

* 1 large yellow onion

* 2 cans diced tomatoes (drained)

* 1 6 ounce can tomato paste (not tomato sauce)

* 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, fully thawed and drained. (I use a big bag of fresh spinach)

* â…“ cup unsweetened peanut butter (I use "all natural" but it does have some sugar in it.)

* 3 Maggie (or Knorr) tomato bouillon cubes (a popular ingredient in West African cooking)

* 1½ teaspoons sea salt (I leave this out - I find it salty enough without adding more.)

* ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

* 1 cup strong chicken broth

* Optional: For some heat add some red chilis or hot sauce (I add a squirt of sriracha)

Instructions

1. Heat some oil in a heavy pot or Dutch oven until very hot. Generously brown the chicken pieces on all sides (crucial for the flavor of the sauce). Remove the chicken.

2. In the same pot, add some more oil and cook the onions until caramelized. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring until the peanut butter is fully incorporated. Return the chicken to the sauce, nestling it in the sauce. Cover and simmer over low for at least one hour. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I only simmer for a half hour? However long it takes to get everything else ready and the table set.)

3. Serve with steamed rice or pounded yam.

4. **This dish tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had more time to meld.

Edited by Susan in TN

Ack! Bite your tongue! ðŸ˜

:D

Cool autumn evenings,

hot cocoa with whipped cream,

light before sunrise,

and time to daydream,

islands with staff,

and friends at ITT;

These are a few of my favorite things!

• Like 3

West African Plasas (Chicken in Peanut, Spinach & Tomato Sauce)

Serves: Serves 6-8

Ingredients

* 2 pounds bone-in and skin-on chicken pieces (alternatively, beef is also commonly used)

* OR 6-8 pieces bnls/sknls chicken

* Palm or coconut oil for frying

* 1 large yellow onion

* 2 cans diced tomatoes (drained)

* 1 6 ounce can tomato paste (not tomato sauce)

* 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, fully thawed and drained. (I use a big bag of fresh spinach)

* â…“ cup unsweetened peanut butter (I use "all natural" but it does have some sugar in it.)

* 3 Maggie (or Knorr) tomato bouillon cubes (a popular ingredient in West African cooking)

* 1½ teaspoons sea salt (I leave this out - I find it salty enough without adding more.)

* ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

* 1 cup strong chicken broth

* Optional: For some heat add some red chilis or hot sauce (I add a squirt of sriracha)

Instructions

1. Heat some oil in a heavy pot or Dutch oven until very hot. Generously brown the chicken pieces on all sides (crucial for the flavor of the sauce). Remove the chicken.

2. In the same pot, add some more oil and cook the onions until caramelized. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring until the peanut butter is fully incorporated. Return the chicken to the sauce, nestling it in the sauce. Cover and simmer over low for at least one hour. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I only simmer for a half hour? However long it takes to get everything else ready and the table set.)

3. Serve with steamed rice or pounded yam.

4. **This dish tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had more time to meld.

Thank you!

Does the no death rule apply by extension to spouses?

I'm asking for a friend.

Yes, it does.   :toetap05:  :toetap05:   The outlet fiddler will be spared.

Though if he puts the outlet out of commission he will have to face the ENB.

• Like 1

I have been awake since midnight. I've gotten quite a bit done at least.

You were up before me, even with the time difference!  I've been awake since 3:30 AM.  When the alarm went off I decided to shower, catch up on ITT, and see about writing.  I'm also waiting for sunrise colors.

An early morning Booya, without the H because Slashie didn't sleep well, either.   :grouphug:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

You were up before me, even with the time difference!  I've been awake since 3:30 AM.  When the alarm went off I decided to shower, catch up on ITT, and see about writing.  I'm also waiting for sunrise colors.

An early morning Booya, without the H because Slashie didn't sleep well, either.   :grouphug:

I read my book, printed The Writer's Jungle, cleaned out some unloved recipes and am now having leftover pizza with a side of green olives.

Okay, the asparagus and Brussels sprouts recipes snagged me.  I might have to try those....

I grabbed like 6, I think.

Good Friday morning!  Friday, blessed Friday!   :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

Cutting school to the minimum - everyone does math and ds12yo and I finish his science fair presentation board.  Then tonight - a piano recital and hanging out with friends.  Yay!

Happy New Range day for Jean!

Boo for being up half the night.  (((Slache)))  Wait - are you supposed to be eating?

Yay for watercolored poppies!  and wiped fridge doors, and laundry done, and houses cleaned, and dh's who cook, and movies in Spanish, and Russian and violin and all the other things!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Dh left for work early. I'm abandoning my family again this morning to go grocery shopping - regular weekly shopping and Thanksgiving shopping. This afternoon I have to go pick up dd19 from the University. We'll be back later this evening, but dh/kids will have to make dinner for themselves.

C.O.F.F.E.E!

• Like 4

:001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  for all of you.  Just 'cuz.  And I'm out of likes.  Argh!

I'm leaving this double post because y'all deserve ALL the love!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 6

This morning, before the sun got too high, I had a MOUND of fog in my back yard.  I'm serious -- it was taller and denser in the middle of the yard, and petered out as it approached the fence and buildings.  It dissipated very quickly as the morning light grew.

• Like 1