• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Don't get me started on all that is awful about American Cheese. Starting with the word cheese, which I call false advertising in that context.

Did my 2,000 words. 

Now started on all that I can use to flaw my protagonist and make him suffer. Kind of hard to do. I like the guy.

• Like 8

Did math. DS did German and typing earlier, and read for pleasure. I am doing laundry.

So here's the genius part: I handed him georg's marvelous medicine and said of you can finish this by tomorrow night, you get a prize. I have no idea what, but I don't have to teach and he's attempting to read a book in 2 days. Win win.

• Like 7

Before I get caught up on the thread, I have to spill the convo I had with my odd father, who was over today.  He called to tell me that I should take care that my trash does not blow away, as the wind is going to be high.  Also, the wood floors which are currently being laid upstairs probably have a high formaldehyde level, and I should watch little dd carefully for symptoms. :confused1:  This was followed up by lectures on my footwear, which probably caused plantar fasciitis, and if I want to ruin my feet and my kids' feet, I should keep buying flip flops. :huh:  It was twenty minutes of doom and gloom.  I hung up and almost needed to call the suicide hotline!  What a downer.  He is not usually on such a tear, but he was in really rare form.  He always picks up on a few minute details of things that should be different around my house (due to us only having time and energy for the really big stuff right now), but wow, just wow.  

I then went to the AHG fall party, which was very nice except for an older brother who came (age 15) to the mostly 1st-4th grade girls' party dressed as the grim reaper and chased them around with a scythe.   :confused1:

If anyone needs me, I will be raising goats for milk, food, and hair in the mountains somewhere off the grid. :gnorsi:

P.S.  I thought our kitten had gotten out while the formaldehyde wood floor man was here.  I could not find her and was worried.  Later, ds12 found her hiding in the crevice of the couch.  She is deathly afraid of the wood floor man because evidently HE is the grim reaper due to bringing poisons into the home. :ohmy:  :thumbdown:

P.P.S.  All I have left is my sense of humor.

Hysterically funny.  And I am out of likes!  Even though I was trying to use them judiciously.  Grr.  

• Like 1

I had ritz crackers on top of homemade mac-n-cheese tonight.  Cheddar cheese.

I did not have chocolate but now I want some.  It is bad to raid the kids candy bags from the costume parade?  

I know I know.  It's bad.  

We call it a "tax".  They might as well learn early that what they have earned is not what they get to keep. :lol:

• Like 7

I had ritz crackers on top of homemade mac-n-cheese tonight. Cheddar cheese.

I did not have chocolate but now I want some. It is bad to raid the kids candy bags from the costume parade?

I know I know. It's bad.

No, it's not bad. You let them live today. Congratulations, Mama. You getchocolate.

• Like 3

The tax collector started feeling very guilty so she settled for the few m+m's left in our dwindling supply of Morning Meeting Bribery.  And a fun-sized bag of mini-oreos.  We don't ever have oreos around but there they are.  

Reese's we NEVER have.  Why is that?  We like pb.  We like chocolate.  Dh puts pb on choco chips all the time for a snack.  

• Like 1