Menu

Ignore this thread!

Nah. He doesn't like the hand motions and by the time it's important to know the difference he'll get it. He can tell you the story of Noah's Ark and the story of the Tower of Babel, but for some reason he just combines them when he's not telling you the stories.

It makes sense.... in the event of a flood, climb for high ground (or in this case, tower).  And it's cute.  

Meanwhile, baby boy is dancing to the classification system right now.  Also cute.  

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Two more girls in quick succession, then a boy again.   It's perfect.  (Well, now it's perfect.  I cannot comment on the teenage years yet.)

I want a girl and then twin boys.

Soiree.

And thus concludes our French lesson for the day.

(Note:  We have again touched upon an educational topic.  Yay us.)

But I googled it!

• Like 3

I say twins, a boy and a girl.:D

The first thing dh said when we found out we were having twins was: well, now the older two (children) won't fight over holding the baby because they will each have one to hold. This, of course, was after the initial shock wore off. Neither one of us said anything for about 20 minutes.

So this way, Mary and John will each have a baby to cuddle.

Of course, then later, reality set in and dh said we would have to get a bigger vehicle.

• Like 8

Maybe your friend has abnormal cells which are a precursor to cancer?  That is really, really common.  Nonetheless, if a person is nonfunctional, she needs some sort of medical help.

I had a glorious nap in spite of dh touching me on the back of the head, the children hollering, the cat protesting at a closed door, and my odd father calling to tell me he needs me to order more organic cranberry juice.  It was glorious, I tell you!

When I awoke, the power had returned so I took a glorious bath and had a glorious smoothie and am now a completely restored person, proving that we shall indeed overcome.

(Now doing laundry since the power was off all day and will call the odd father soon.)

• Like 8

One of my two best friends was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She's in pain and scared and they're going to wait a year to treat. Is that normal?

Sorry-on my phone and accidentally hit "like." I don't like that your friend has cancer.

As for cervical cancer, I know that it's very treatable. Waiting a year seems odd UNLESS they are waiting for a definitive diagnosis. Paps, for example, give lots of false positives, and persistent cervical infection can produce symptoms that are also consistent with cancer. I would suggest that your friend request a consultation appointment with her doc, i.e., with her clothes on in his office. It's hard to ask intelligent questions when you're naked and sitting on crinkly paper.

• Like 5

They said it's cancer and it's spreading, but she really has a few years before she has to worry about it. Because that makes perfect sense.

Slash, truly there's a disconnect here.  If your friend has cancer which is spreading to other organs/sites, that is a medical emergency which requires treatment.  For them to advocate that she wait and watch for a year makes no sense.  While it is possible-there are some horrendously incompetent doctors out there-the recommendation is so weird that I have to suspect a communication problem.  Now if her Paps have found dysplastic cells on multiple occasions, that MIGHT be something to watch (although, with her symptoms, I would think that investigation and treatment would be more appropriate.)

In any event, I would suggest that she first clarify the findings.  She needs to know what tests were done and what the findings were-and get it in writing.  Hopefully, she can schedule a sit-down with the doctor and bring a friend/loved one to the appointment.  It's really scary to hear "abnormal test results," and it's easy to shut down.  On the upside, however, I believe that it's ovarian cancer that is aggressive and really, really bad. Cervical cancer, I think, is more treatable.

:grouphug:

• Like 4

More medical stuff.  I finally found what I was looking for.  Chronic cervicitis can cause symptoms (or not) and can result in cervical cell dysplasia (which is really more like pre-cancer). Here's the WebMD page.  My former OB/GYN was a reproductive endocrinologist and believed in aggressive treatment.  According to him, the majority of his new patients came in with some level of persistent cervical inflammation.  Watching (at least 15 years ago) was the common approach, but he always treated it, usually by freezing the cervix.  Which is no fun.  Ask me how I know.  No, wait.  Don't ask.

• Like 4

I've come to the conclusion that Classical Conversations is like the Amway of the Homeschool World.

So much this.

I would last one day.

As it is, I am a hell raiser in my current co-op.  CC would invite me to leave.

ETA:  Booya(h)!  This booyah is dedicated to all the poor children forced to memorize CC songs and do hand motions.

Susan's song set the melody of Bohemian Rhapsody.

• Like 6