Menu

Ignore this thread!

My humor is misunderstood on the shall thread.  Sigh. 

Sleep report:  Went to sleep fine at 11 with my usual pills and potions and was up from 2-6  Then the kids set off the house alarm letting the dog out so I gave up and got up.  

My odd father is coming to fix a small hole that dh knocked in a kid's wall awhile back.  He is bringing organic oranges.  I appreciate both.

Rock on, ITT-er's.  Rock on.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 8

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Go to a naturopath

Only if you drive me there.  Do you not know how long it took me to make this past doc appointment and have this testing done?  It's all out of pocket, as well.  I don't know any naturopaths.  There are too many barriers to this for me.  I can't even pick up the phone and make an appointment with the P.A. I saw for this most recent testing which is what I am trying too work up the courage to do.  (Courage may be a strong word.)

Hey, Tex, what about calling the office and leaving a message for the PA to call you back and discuss your numbers over the phone.  There's no sense in paying for a visit if she's not of a mind to treat.  And if she's not going to treat you, she could refer you to someone who will.  (Of course the down side to this is that you're waiting all day for the phone call.)

• Like 3

Only if you drive me there.  Do you not know how long it took me to make this past doc appointment and have this testing done?  It's all out of pocket, as well.  I don't know any naturopaths.  There are too many barriers to this for me.  I can't even pick up the phone and make an appointment with the P.A. I saw for this most recent testing which is what I am trying too work up the courage to do.  (Courage may be a strong word.)

Look in your p.m.  I can't drive you there but I researched all the naturopathic physicians in your area and chose one that specializes in thyroid.  

• Like 2

The year I was expecting my third with almost the exact same due date as yours, I loved the short days.  My then 4 year old and 1 year old didn't know what time it was.  It got dark and we went to bed.  (Dh was working 2nd shift and later deployed).  Sometimes we went to bed at 7:00, but they weren't old enough to know it.  In later pregnancies they had learned how to tell time inspite of all my efforts to keep them in the dark - ha! 

• Like 4

Will you come over and play with my two? They're being neglected.

As long as they are fed, hugged, and safe, they are not neglected.

Tex, I wanted to add that it may be time for elephant ninjas to descend on your household.  You need to sleep somewhere where other people do not come or go during the night.  :grouphug:

I know, right???

• Like 4

I'm cold and cranky and my hips hurt and my feet hurt and my back hurts and my head hurts and I can't stop sneezing and I'm tired and my uterus hurts and we don't have apple pie.

Because Baby.   :001_smile:

(But seriously, hugs on all the Baby side effects.  That part is H.A.R.D.)

(And Pie.)

tumblr_m9k9k2H8MZ1rd0wwso1_500_zpsgnukwx

• Like 3

Because Baby. :001_smile:

(But seriously, hugs on all the Baby side effects. That part is H.A.R.D.)

(And Pie.)

Mmmmm pie.....

Our field trip was wildly successful! I found parking at the downtown library parking garage which is the one on that side of town that I am comfortable with, and is also the cheapest. We walked a few blocks to the history museum which my kids loved, and then to the Greek cafe which was busy but had super fast service, and baklava. The Gyros were gargantuan and only ds10 and dd9 were able to finish theirs. Then we walked down the street a little more, chased pigeons, and watched a huge construction site that went down at least 4 stories. We explored the library for a while (it is a huge, beautiful building), read some books, and flew a paper airplane down the 3-story grand staircase before heading back home. Parking only cost $9.

Will someone please tell me again how to pronounce "gyros".

• Like 5

Mmmmm pie.....

Our field trip was wildly successful! I found parking at the downtown library parking garage which is the one on that side of town that I am comfortable with, and is also the cheapest. We walked a few blocks to the history museum which my kids loved, and then to the Greek cafe which was busy but had super fast service, and baklava. The Gyros were gargantuan and only ds10 and dd9 were able to finish theirs. Then we walked down the street a little more, chased pigeons, and watched a huge construction site that went down at least 4 stories. We explored the library for a while (it is a huge, beautiful building), read some books, and flew a paper airplane down the 3-story grand staircase before heading back home. Parking only cost $9.

YEAR-os

• Like 2

:seeya: , ITT friends! I've missed you all.  Which seems a little odd, not really knowing you and all.  But there it is.

Update on me:  I found myself in need of a board break, so I took one.  We live in an area of the country where summertime is chore time, so I had to spend way less time online.  And I finally got Nana (my mom) moved up here permanently (Yay!), which necessitated a two-week trip to Hell Central California (BOO!).  Oh, and I spent considerable time in thought and prayer about my relationship with my precious baby and about our homeschool.  The result was a restructuring and, so far, BEST YEAR EVER. (YAY!)  So much so that child-who-was-insisting-on-regular-high-school wants to stay home. Yay! and :ohmy:  and :willy_nilly:

:grouphug: for everyone.

Renai:  I'll be praying for your peace and health.  That BP is worrisome (I lost my brother to a stroke-he was 39. The underlying problem was untreated high BP); please, please take care of yourself.

Tex:  Likewise, on the prayer list for feeling well.  Being ultra-hot should help you cope, though. :001_smile:

Jean: ongoing well-wishes.

And Slash:  :party: :party: :party: Are you signed up for a baby registry?

Shoot.  My memory is bad, so I can't remember who else I wanted to say stuff to.  Ah, well.  Hopefully, I'll be able to participate regularly again.

Oh, that's right!  Ellie, I think I envy your schedule.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets turned upside down and sideways.  In the best possible way!

• Like 10

Because Baby.   :001_smile:

(But seriously, hugs on all the Baby side effects.  That part is H.A.R.D.)

(And Pie.)

Spanks for the pie.

Put your socks and bathrobe in the dryer.  Fluff for 10 minutes on high.  Take them out and put them on. 

I took a bath and will now read in bed.

I was there today, though not on that bridge.

John wants to know why. 

• Like 5

:seeya: , ITT friends! I've missed you all.  Which seems a little odd, not really knowing you and all.  But there it is.

Update on me:  I found myself in need of a board break, so I took one.  We live in an area of the country where summertime is chore time, so I had to spend way less time online.  And I finally got Nana (my mom) moved up here permanently (Yay!), which necessitated a two-week trip to Hell Central California (BOO!).  Oh, and I spent considerable time in thought and prayer about my relationship with my precious baby and about our homeschool.  The result was a restructuring and, so far, BEST YEAR EVER. (YAY!)  So much so that child-who-was-insisting-on-regular-high-school wants to stay home. Yay! and :ohmy:  and :willy_nilly:

:grouphug: for everyone.

Renai:  I'll be praying for your peace and health.  That BP is worrisome (I lost my brother to a stroke-he was 39. The underlying problem was untreated high BP); please, please take care of yourself.

Tex:  Likewise, on the prayer list for feeling well.  Being ultra-hot should help you cope, though. :001_smile:

Jean: ongoing well-wishes.

And Slash:  :party: :party: :party: Are you signed up for a baby registry?

Shoot.  My memory is bad, so I can't remember who else I wanted to say stuff to.  Ah, well.  Hopefully, I'll be able to participate regularly again.

Oh, that's right!  Ellie, I think I envy your schedule.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets turned upside down and sideways.  In the best possible way!

You're very sweet, but no. I plan to see a doctor next week so I'll have more info then.

• Like 1

Gah.

FIL, pastor of a church, has announced to his congregation (and sent out a general invitation) that my family will be performing a Christmas musical concert at the church on Sunday morning, December 27th, in place of a regular service with sermon, etc.

Now it is true that when we are there for Christmas we usually do a song or something because FIL likes it and always asks us to provide music of some kind. But an entire "concert"? As though we are the von Trapp family or professional performers! And truly, he announces it as "The --------- family from Nashville will be in concert" blah blah blah.

Let's see now. My younger kids can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and The Skye Boat Song on violin. Ds20 can play a Chopin Military March and The Frog Legs Rag by James Scott. Ds10 and dd9 can play Jolly Old St. Nicolas on recorder, so that's at least holiday related. None of us can "accompany" on piano.

Dh is distressed about it, but isn't sure how to handle it yet. Work is taking all his mental energy at the moment. He previously told them we would do one or two songs at most for the service but they apparently decided to ignore that. It is the in-laws' 60th anniversary shindig as well, and we planned to be there for that, otherwise I would consider canceling the entire trip.

Maybe we will come down with the bubonic plague (scary sounding but easily treated with antibiotics).

#susanintnaintgottimeforthat

• Like 2

Gah.

FIL, pastor of a church, has announced to his congregation (and sent out a general invitation) that my family will be performing a Christmas musical concert at the church on Sunday morning, December 27th, in place of a regular service with sermon, etc.

Now it is true that when we are there for Christmas we usually do a song or something because FIL likes it and always asks us to provide music of some kind. But an entire "concert"? As though we are the von Trapp family or professional performers! And truly, he announces it as "The --------- family from Nashville will be in concert" blah blah blah.

Let's see now. My younger kids can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and The Skye Boat Song on violin. Ds20 can play a Chopin Military March and The Frog Legs Rag by James Scott. Ds10 and dd9 can play Jolly Old St. Nicolas on recorder, so that's at least holiday related. None of us can "accompany" on piano.

Dh is distressed about it, but isn't sure how to handle it yet. Work is taking all his mental energy at the moment. He previously told them we would do one or two songs at most for the service but they apparently decided to ignore that. It is the in-laws' 60th anniversary shindig as well, and we planned to be there for that, otherwise I would consider canceling the entire trip.

Maybe we will come down with the bubonic plague (scary sounding but easily treated with antibiotics).

#susanintnaintgottimeforthat

Well, you could brainstorm with the fam and come up with a show that 1) they'll never forget and 2) will guarantee no more invitations. 

Which is probably not really doable, because family.  But it might be fun to think about. :tongue_smilie:

• Like 4

John has been asking about Grammy several times a day since the "incident". We had a little chat about how Grammy becomes easily upset and sometimes hurts people's feelings and he said "Like when she calls me annoying?" :crying: I didn't know he knew she said that. So I cried a little and he hugged me and said "It's okay mama, grandpa's always nice."

• Like 6

Well, you could brainstorm with the fam and come up with a show that 1) they'll never forget and 2) will guarantee no more invitations.

Which is probably not really doable, because family. But it might be fun to think about. :tongue_smilie:

How about this: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The Skye Boat Song, Military March, Frog Leg Rag, and Jolly Old St. Nicolas on recorder for the grand finale. I'm sure they'd never forget that service!

• Like 6

Mmmmm pie.....

I see someone has already answered, but there was this Turkish roadside stand in Germany that served gyros for 5 deutshmarks, which was about $2.50 at the time. SO GOOD! We called them ghee-ros, and no one ever corrected us. It's been over 20 years and an fb post said that stand is still there!

• Like 4