Menu

Ignore this thread!

You guys are talking my language.  I absolutely love children's books.  I'm sad that my kids are teens now and that I can't read them The Big Red Barn and the Pokey Little Puppy and Tiki Tiki Tembo (which I have memorized and still quote verbatim to the kids while they roll their eyes at me). . .   

My 16yo likes me to read Pokey Little Puppy to her. :D

• Like 5

Awwww, Tex, I love love love your Tabby! We have a white kitty, too, but she and the Tabby are always fighting.

Mine still fight quite a lot, mostly because the kitten plays with my cranky, middle aged cat and receives hisses as a thank you.  Every once in awhile I find them like this and have hope.  

• Like 2

Okay, now that I am caught up, I'm off to bed.  Night all.

P.S.  Hope you get some sleep, Renai.  You can do this!!  You're almost there...

Oh, yeah. I'll catch up on sleep on Saturday night. I think. Tonight will be an all-nighter. The paper has to run through Turn It In to check for plagiarism before I turn it in officially tomorrow.

• Like 3

One thing I like about this university is that it is Christian, and each week there is a scripture at the end of the page listing all our torture assignments for the week. Next week's scripture is:

For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.

~ Jeremiah 29:11

• Like 6

I saved a lot of books from my childhood.  I also have saved the ones I love from my kids' childhoods because grandkids.   :D

Besides the fact that you missed your BOOYA.....

I was talking to a friend today at church whose husband had surgery on his knee. Terrible injury from chasing the cat. Kitteh was running through the house, Mr. Friendsdh was chasing him and tripped on a rug and hit the coffee table. Awful, awful. My friend said the kitteh had been jumping on their bedroom door because he wanted food and she said she didn't know why he thought he was starving, and I said "because cat." She didn't get it. She said she had told her dh before not to chase the cat but he didn't listen, and she was so tempted to say "I told you so." She didn't understand why he didn't understand why she was always right. I said "because wife." She didn't get it.

:crying:

• Like 7