Menu

Adult Audio Books

NavyMommy

I am going to be in the car for 7 hours each way this week all by myself. Normally I would rent audiobooks from Cracker Barrel  but I just figured out how  to listen to them through my car with my phone instead of messing with CD's. Since I am no longer at the mercy of the selection at Cracker Barrel I would love some suggestions on audio books you've enjoyed. I have several audible credits that are ready and waiting! Thanks! 

I like anything by Bill Bryson. Just started Coop about a family and a farm, but I can't remember the author. Others I have listened to recently are Napolean's Buttons, The Heretic's Daughter, At Home in Thrush Green, We Need to Talk about Kevin, and The Irresistible Henry House.

Audio books are the only ones I have time for right now.

Whoa. Hold up. You can rent audio books from Cracker Barrel??

Haha yes, it's my favorite way to do it because you can exchange them as you're going down the road. They're usually near the register. You pay the full price up front and they deduct the rental fee (I think $4 a week)  when you return them. The selection can be kind of hit or miss though. 

• Like 1

What kind of books do you like? I listen to a lot on Audible.

Some of my favorites:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime 

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (so funny!) 

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

The Kite Runner

The Rosie Project (loved this sweet story!)

The Midwife's Confession

To Kill A Mockingbird

Big Little Lies

One of all time favorites--Unbroken

Latest greats--The Girl on the Train, The Good House, The Book Thief, The Goldfinch, Dark Places (from author of Gone Girl).  All had great readers and interesting stories in that order.  I really, really loved The Goldfinch, BUT it had a few rambling moments that I found annoying in the car (and started to zone out).  I LOVED the core story and readers though.

• Like 1